“Good soul food”

Mama E Wings and Waffle
Ranked #102 of 1,720 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Went to Mama E's this weekend. It had been featured on "Dives and Diners" and I try to check those places out when I am in a new city. The place is a small, not so fancy building--but the food is the reason you go there. And boy was it worth it. I had neck bones (pork), fried chicken, collard greens, macaroni and cheese. You also get cornbread muffin, slice of spice cake and unlimited refills on Kool-Aid. There is also a salad bar to help yourself too. Yes-this is not the place to go if you are on a diet!!!!

The food was all excellent. I apparently was enjoying my food with quite a gusto, because at one point I looked up while licking my fingers and my 2 friends where laughing at me. The chicken was very crispy, well seasoned. Neck bones very well seasoned. The mac n' cheese was good (still nowhere as good as my mom's). Collard greens were very tasty. On the salad bar the potato salad was delicious. I'm not a big fan of spice cake, but Mama E's was reaaly good. Even the Kool-Aid was good. I haven't had Kool-Aid in 30 years!!

My friends had the chicken and waffles and said it was great. I tasted the waffle and it was good.

Definitely check it out the next time you're in OKC!!!!

2  Thank trvldoc-50