“Gross and overpriced”

Ranked #130 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Gross and overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is one of my worst experiences for a chain hotel, ever. The price of the hotel-- over $60-- was unbelievable for what I got. The entire place looked dingy. My room looked and felt old and a musty oder permeated. The towels-- well, two towels and a washcloth-- in the bathroom were threadbare. The carpet felt gross and the bed-- probably 10 years old-- was not particularly comfortable. Two people-- not sure if they were staff or just rude patrons-- decided to have a loud conversation outside of my door at 4 AM. I'd have said something to them, but given how gruff and rude they sounded, I didn't want to risk it.

Overall, no one should ever stay at this place, even if the price were half their going rate.

Room Tip: In another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lance A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I really hope I am reviewing the right one... It was on 44th Street in OKC off the interstate. This is the 2nd worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life - ans I am old. We were passing through, late at night and just needed a few hours sleep to continue on our journey. We were pulling a trailer with our motorcycle and when parking, a security or police officer tapped on our window and suggested we park nearer to the building and street lamps for security reasons due to the homeless people that congregate at the convenience store across the street. That was our first clue. We ended up with a handicap room because we requested the ground floor (which we said was fine) but immediately heard loud, scary domestic argument in the hallway that later erupted into laughing and partying. Because it was a handicap room, the water from the shower just poured out onto the bathroom floor. The bathroom sink would did not drain at all. It was the saddest room ever. It honestly felt like a crack house or drug addicts home. Terrible vibe. My b/f tossed and tumbled all night and messed up the sheets so in the morning we noticed the mattress. Disgusting is all I can say about it. The ONLY outlet in the bathroom did not work for my curling iron and there was NO vanity whatsoever. This location pretty much ruined us from staying at Motel 6 ever again. Just look at my pics if you don't belive me.

Room Tip: We were in Room 131. Just don't go there.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HBlueKitty
Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Staff is great, very friendly--Wendi got us in an hour earlier than check-in; Patty in housekeeping had the room clean; Leah was there to direct us and hand out pool towels for night shift.
They are in middle of remodeling, but the hotel is very old and in bad shape--our bathroom door was warped at the bottom. Ceiling supports sagging badly, sheet rock in need of replacement, holes in baseboards. Pool was in pretty good repair, but pool room had quite a bit of constant- moisture damage.
Room was very clean and bed was comfy. However, the walls are thin, so we heard neighbors TV until late. Showers had plenty of hot water and the massaging shower heads were very relaxing.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side of hotel are cut off from interstate noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Me and the wife stayed the weekend here and it's ok for the money but not very clean. There is scrapes and holes in the walls, the carpets, beds, furniture, and shelves were pretty bad. The towels and washcloths had stains on them, there was no hair dryer in the room, we had a non smoking room and it smelled like smoke! The staff is friendly. I would say this is more of a working class hotel.

Stayed January 2014
Atkins, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel was easy to find the rooms were really clean. The beds were nice and comfy. Great place and doesn't cost a fortune. If I had to complain about anything it would be the small parking lot and the fact that we had to ask for sheets for the pull out sofa.

• Stayed July 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

4/28/2013... this used to be a comfort inn... very nice place to stay when i would visit home.
found out they had changed owners and motel 6 was now the owners... upon arrival i had to use the restroom ,main lobby bathroom was out of order.(who does that).. get to my room it looked as if the counter was falling apart, the shower did not get hot, i heard the man in the next room snoring all night,holes in the comforter from smokers,3 kid size pillows on a king bed... since motel 6 has taken over! this is not a place to stay.UPON MY CHECKOUT
i expressed my dissatisfaction with that place. instead of getting a discount i got a ill pass that on to management......

REPEAT THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO STAY

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deonna428
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

Very nice hotel with very nice large rooms, extremely comfortable bed, clean, friendly staff and good breakfast. Inexpensive and family friendly.would visit there again.great location and very accomadating to our needs as my uncle was semi disabled and required first floor. Very helpful staff in getting us situated.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family