“Unsanitary conditions......unconcerned management”

Motel 6 Oklahoma City
Ranked #133 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 11 March 2009

I rented a king room with a whirlpool tub.....there was pubic hair in the tub, mold/mildew in the jets. I called for housekeeping, there was no one on duty. I reported it to the desk clerk, he was to have made a note to management and they were to call me....they did not, I had to contact them. I was there for a two night stay.

They offered $10.00 off of one night's stay for my inconvenience. The manager basically said that I was lying about the conditions, but I do have pictures of the pubic hairs and dirt/scum rings aroung the tub that I would furnish upon request. I did try to rinse out and wipe the tub down, but it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in some time....I wasn't going to put my body in such an unsanitary tub.

WATCH OUT!!!! Had management just admitted that they had been having trouble with housekeeping, which the desk clerk told my sister and I when checking out, and refunded $20.00, I would have been satisfied. The manager chose to keep the $10.00 difference in room cost as opposed to keeping a customer satisfied. Bad choice......

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank sophnpoohsmom9

Reviewed 23 January 2009

Stayed here in January 2009 on a one night trip to see the Pistons play the Thunder at the Ford Center. This Comfort Inn used to be a Ramada, and is a nice property for the chain. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and the bed was better than average for Comfort Inn.

The breakfast was perfectly fine - it looks like things have improved since the last review. Furthermore, the staff was helpful and very nice. Also the hotel was very secure, even the front door was locked at night. Cab to the Ford Center was under $20 each way, better than hassling with parking, etc.

I'd stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 10 June 2008

When we arrived and saw how close the property is to the freeway, we requested a room on the opposite side and the rate was increased since that put us into 2 beds as they said there are no king beds on the quiet side.

The room and public areas were large and clean. It was formerly a Ramada Inn.

The jacuzzi had water, but the switch to turn it on produced nothing.

I think the manager's family was in the room next to us. At midnite I had to go to the front desk and get them to go pound on the door as they were playing the piano. The same tune over and over.

The breakfast buffet was the worst I've seen from a Comfort Inn. Not up to their normal variety.

Okay for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 4 June 2008

The rooms were clean. However, the refrigerator and safe were not working properly in my sister's room. Our room was missing the rollaway bed that was reserved on the printed confirmation. When we inquired about it, we were told that a rollaway bed was not allowed in our room type-it was a fire hazard. I was not given a satifactory answer as to why I was able to book the room with the rollaway in the first place. The woman at the service desk was very uncaring, and the manager, Maya, was no help over the phone (we never actually saw a member of management during our 3 night stay). So, we were crowded and regretted booking this hotel for our stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Blondie-Val
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Smith, AR
Reviewed 21 February 2005

When we made our reservations we requested 2 adjoining rooms and were told that they had them and they had reserved them for us. THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON WE CHOSE THIS HOTEL! We also requested a roll away for the rooms. When we arrived we were told they didn't have adjoining rooms nor did they have roll away beds! They did upgrade us to suites supposedly for the same price! When we made our reservations we were quoted one price and when we got the bill the price was 25.00 higher! When we asked about this we were told that the pricing was correct and that they couldn't help what they told us at the reservation center! Our suites had hide a beds in the the room and when we opened it there were no sheets or blankets on the hide a bed and none were in the room either. We had to request these and make the beds up ourselves! While I was making one of these beds up for my son to sleep on I put my knee down on the end of the bed to crawl up to the top of the bed to tuck the bottom sheets in and fell through to the floor. It didn't injure me badly but I did get a bruise and a scrape on my knee. Since it wasn't that big a deal we didn't complain about that. However, when we looked at the hide a bed, a lot of the springs were missing or were broken holding the mattress in place. When my 15 year old son went to get in bed he hit his back on the metal bar that goes across the middle of the bed. We only had three towels in our room that was made for 6 people to sleep in there were four of us and an infant in our room. We called and asked for more towels and ended up having to go down to the desk and pick them up ourselves. The next morning which was a Sunday morning we got up and got ready and my son and husband went downstairs to get us something for breakfast at 8:30. Breakfast was over at 9:00 which to me is a little early for a weekend day. Anyway when they arrived at 8:30 there was cereal and no milk. The juice machine was out of juice, no coffee, no donuts, nothing but waffles. When my husband asked the lady behind the counter about the juice and milk her comment was "well breakfast is almost over anyway" and she made no effort to get him anything else. When we travel we try to travel economically as possible and shop around for the best deals. We have 4 teenagers and a new born infant that are usually with us. Therefore, we look for location, price and always make sure a continental breakfast is included so we don't have to take the kids out for breakfast! However, we ended up not only paying more for our rooms, but had to take everyone somewhere else for breakfast! Also, when we called the main 1-800 number to post a complaint they told us that since I was hurt when I slipped through the hide a bed they couldn't help us with anything at all. We would have to take this up with the local hotel directly! The local hotel doesn't want to talk to us. They called my husband a foul name while he was on the phone and eventually hung up on him when he asked to speak to the manager's boss! This is horrible treatment of a customer. I work in the sales industry and I would be fired on the spot if I treated an unhappy customer like this! Don't stay here if you can find somewhere else. We will never stay in another Ramada Inn again!

• Stayed: January 2005