“Decent BBQ”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Decent BBQ”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Brisket sandwich was pretty good. Cole slaw was mediocre and had a lot of cilantro. Potato salad was just okay. The selection of BBQ sauces was really good and delicious.

Pasadena, California
“Nearly perfect BBQ, Good Selection”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Some BBQ restaurants pour on the liquid smoke or advertise the hottest sauces. Then the meat is tough and the lack of flavor is covered by the smoke or the spice. Backdoor starts by doing the meat perfectly and then letting you add the sauce you want. The brisket is available "lean" or "fatty" and is nicely rubbed and charred on the outside, tender in the inside. You only get one thick slice, but it is sufficient and delicious. The pulled pork is good without a sauce and perfect with the sauce you like. But the best was the baby back ribs they had on special, the last time we went. They're pork, not beef, and they're meaty and incredibly tender inside. The ribs were the best we've ever had, winning the restaurant a 5 star in my book.
The creamed corn is excellent. The cole slaw is one of the best. The beans are a little strong, but some like them that way.
The atmosphere is extremely friendly and sort of "down home."
Overall, simply outstanding.

• Visited March 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good concept but execution needs improvement”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I really looked forward to trying Backdoor BBQ because it was a local place and had the hole in the wall local vibe. Having lived in Texas for over 10 years I can say I've tasted some great barbecue and hoped to find the same traits of good smoked meats in the Texas tradition. Brisket is king in my book and I've been looking for some great brisket in my home town.

Unfortunately I was disappointed with the quality at Backdoor. I ordered the grand dad's platter which had all the assortment of meats including brisket, pulled pork, smoked sausage, turkey and bologna. With the exception of the bologna and some of the sausage, everything else was too dry. It's as if they had it pre-sliced which lets all the juices run out and dries the meat. It's either that or it sat out too long.

I sorely hope this place improves it's execution and figures out the proper way to keep the meat moist before serving (keep the cuts intact and wrapped in cellophane until needing to be sliced for serving) because I'm rooting for a new BBQ place to make its mark here in OKC.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Sojoerner
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Everything is excellent here. The meats are all tender and cooked to perfection, the sides are delicious, especially the pickled fried okra! They have many different sauces to choose from. Mustard BBQ sauce is great. You won't be disappointed no matter what you order. The daily beast sandwiches are awesome.

• Visited December 2013
Wisconsin
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I've been to this restaurant twice in the last few months. Both times, I wish I could have eaten more. The pulled pork is just delicious. Next time I go, I am going to skip the fries, and just have two sandwiches. The fries are good, but I love the pulled pork. I wish they would open up a great BBQ place like this near my home in Wisconsin. It is just impossible to get good BBQ in Wisconsin. This place is great for lunch or dinner. My daughter said they have the best brisket she has ever had.

• Visited December 2013