“2nd stay not as good as the 1st one”

Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City
Ranked #101 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“2nd stay not as good as the 1st one”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Stayed here last a year and a half ago and loved the hotel. Things were different this time. When the lady at the front desk found out we were Hotwire customers, her whole demeanor changed--like we were second-class citizens for booking through Hotwire. We had requested 2 beds since our daughter was traveling with us. We were disappointed to find out the the 2 beds were full sized instead of queen. We are used to sleeping in a king sized bed at home, so were were uncomfortable with the small bed. The bathroom needed some TLC. The door would not close properly, and the makup mirror on the wall was missing. The hair dryer had some gooey substance on the handle, yuck. The paint in the bathroom was chipping and there was hair in the bathtub. Just a few things made this nice hotel feel more like a Motel 6. On the PLUS side, the beds, although small, were very comfortable. The room was extremely quiet. There was ample parking in front. I just can't help but wonder if were were given a sub-par room because we booked through Hotwire....

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I booked my room through hotwire and paid less than the usual rate. This hotel was simply the best I have ever stayed in for the amount that I paid. I think that the regular nightly rate is completely reasonable as well. The room was nicely appointed. There were both firm and soft pillows on the bed. There was even lavender pillow spray, earplugs, and an sleep mask provided. The bed was as comfortable as the ones at the better Marriott properties and the bathroom was nicely updated with a granite top vanity and oversized, framed mirror and a magnifying make-up mirror.
The lobby was very nice-revolving door & pretty chandeliers & a bar just off the main lobby. Room service is available & the food isn't to outrageously priced.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I usually stay here when presenting in their conference rooms. This last visit was somewhat miserable although every other visit has been great. It was the week of the great winter storm. It was the coldest they have seen in a long time. My room couldn't stay warm nor could our conference room. Apparently the building is old and the mechanical systems are not prepared for this type of cold.

Outside of the cold...the room was great.

As it was so cold I didn't leave to eat this time and enjoyed the restaurant on several occasions. I recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
East Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I stay at this hotel everytime I travel on business or pleasure. The staff treats me like royalty. They remember my name and do everything they can to accomodate my every need. You could not ask for anything more. Top Notch Hotel. Home away from Home.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 November 2010

The front desk staff were very friendly. The night I arrived, the hotel was having its weekly manager happy hour. Unlike most such hotel events, the managers were serving drinks and doing a good job.

The Priority club lounge was well-stocked on arrival, but did not maintain its stock of snacks during the week.

The breakfast buffet could include eggs to order, but I would not recommend them. The breakfast waitresses appeared unenthused to take and deliver the egg order. The buffet was a different matter. The food was very well prepared. Grapefruit halves were available. The bread was cut a bit thicker and combined with the provided toaster it yielded excellent toast. I know it seems banal to review toast, but being on the road makes one appreciate the little things like a great slice of toast. Now all banality aside, the bacon must be discussed. The Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City bacon makes one remember that bacon can be absolutely delicious.

The hotel is located several miles from downtown and has plentiful free parking.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I stayed at the hotel for a conference. This is a nice hotel with a friendly staff. My only complaint is that I had tto change rooms twice because they air conditioner was not working. The first room, the temperature never got below 80 degrees. The second room never got below 71 degrees. The third room never got under 71 degrees. I was told that too many people were running the air and the vent system was probably frozen. I was told to turn off the air, wait 10 minutes, and turn the system back on. That was supposed to fix the problem, but it did not. I just gave up and stayed in the room. I was frustrated, but it was not totally unbearable. Some of my colleagues had the opposite problem where they could not turn the air off. Not sure if the hotel is just having issues with their system or what.

At the moment, I would not recommend this hotel. They only reason is because of the issues with the air condition system. Other than that, the hotel was not bad at all.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Dallas
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I travel often to Oklahoma City and when I do I stay here. For years now, the consistency of service and cleanliness couple with outstanding location make this the one and only hotel I'll stay at when in OKC.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business