“Quick overnight”

Wyndham Oklahoma City
Ranked #104 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Pricelined this place during a roadtrip with the kids last week. Easy to get to, Starbucks next door, nice room by the pool. Our neighbors were a bit rowdy and you could hear every word when then were outside but that's no fault of the hotel. Liked the toiletries too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Melissa G, Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Maureen T,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza OKC for your quick overnight stay. Please let me apologize for the noise levels of the guests near your room. Should you wish to ensure a quiet nights sleep on future stays, our hotel offers a designated quiet floor away from the pool area. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The crowne plaza in OKC was an absolute fantastic facility! Our family had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It was our first visit as a young family. Great breakfast buffet, I think her name was (MK?) was so helpful. The hotel was always clean and always smelling fresh. Looks like they did some upgrades to the hallways and rooms as well. Bethany at the front desk was extremely helpful and polite. The staff are very genuine and so helpful. They made us feel like we were royalty. We are already planning our next trip and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Matt P,

We are thrilled to hear you and your family had a fantastic stay at our Crowne Plaza OKC! Our hotel has gone through some recent renovations in order to positively impact our guests. Our staff is passionately committed to providing an excellent experience and we appreciate you recognizing MK and Bethany for their outstanding service. Your review means a lot to our team and fellow travelers. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we look forwarding to seeing you on future travels.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed for 3 nights and had an amazing experience. The moment you walk in the hotel, we were greeted with friendly faces. The room was exceptionally clean and nice views of the city. The bed was super comfortable. The kicker though, was the Club lounge on the top floor for reward members, it had a nice atmosphere, great view of downtown and the amenities was bountiful. When we returned to my room, we noticed our room received turn-down service. Now that's SERVICE!!! It's nice to see hotels like this take care of their reward members. Most of the hotel we stay in do not treat us like this. Thank you Crowne Plaza!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Frank H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you recognized the hotel staff for their friendly service and for our efforts in making it a clean and inviting home away from home. We have recently implemented the IHG Reward Member Club Lounge four nights a week to provide a relaxing and enjoyable experience for our valued members. It's a great opportunity for us to meet travelers such as yourself and thank you for your loyalty to the brand. Our nightly turn down service is provided to our Club level members as well in order to ensure they have a great nights sleep. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza OKC and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

On a very cold, blustery storm filled night in Winter I checked in to the physical and personal warmth of this hotel. The personnel, especially everyone at the front desk, welcomed me like I was the only guest in the hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. I always saw someone cleaning, whether it was in the hallways or outside. Nice to see. The restaurants food was better than I thought,everything was delightful. My hat is off to the management team as well as all the staff who busted their rumps to go the extra mile to see that my visit was not only special but safe. The snow was treacherous. I would stay here even if it was 20 miles out of the way!!!

Room Tip: Try the Whiskey Chicken on the menu .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Melissa G, Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Chico R,

Wow! Thank you for your thoughful comments regarding our hotel staff and services. We take pride in ensuring our guests have an excellent experience. The Whiskey Chicken is a new item on our menu and has proven to be a crowd pleaser. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza OKC and we look forward to seeing you again on future travels.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I had a four night stay at the Oklahoma City Crowne Plaza. My room was on the 8th floor and everything worked even though he hotel appears to be an older IHG Property.
My biggest complaint was the food service, for example I had one evening meal in the restaurant and there was only one server working the entire restaurant and bar, needless to say that that was a disappointment. Also the menu is not Vegetarian friendly as there was only one entrée on the menu (Veggie wrap). The following nights (3) I ordered room service and there was only the chicken noodle soup, no soup du jour as listed in the menu (Each Night) so it was eat a salad or go to out. The Breakfast bar is OK at best if it is part of your room, but not worth the $$$ charged. The club level happy hour also needs to be Vegetarian friendly as I only had seen one veggie tray on during my four night stay.
Bottom line: this is a OK hotel if you are building IHG Points otherwise you might be happier up the hill at the Marriott.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators and stairwells.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear William M,

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate the constructive criticim regarding our restaurant service and lack of vegeterian food options. We recently opened our club lounge for IHG Reward Members and your feedback will help us to better serve our guests. If you wouldn't mind emailing me directly the next time you are in town so we can best accommodate you on your next trip to OKC. My email is mgolub@cpokc.com.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I always knew crowne plaza's were good, but this one in particular was amazing. From the checkin,the room and check out. Everything was smooth! Rooms were super clean! I can't wait to go back and check out another thunder game and stay here again. 5 stars all the way around!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Reza D,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you had an amazing stay and hopefully the OKC Thunder didn't disappoint you either. We look forward to future travels.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is nasty. Well, let me specify. There are rooms behind the 'tower' that I assume were the original hotel before they expanded. They're like the forgotten step children. Starting at the walkways, everything is dirty. Our room is ok, I guess, but I went to get ice out of the machine and after I weaved my way around the 1970's model washer and dryer that were blocking the way and covered in a thick layer of dust, the ice machine didn't even work. The tower may be nice, but they'll never get another chance to prove to me otherwise. Also, I have the cleaning staff a 2 based solely on promptness because they knocked on our door at 8am!! Our room never actually got cleaned so I can't vouch for their abilities.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear April P,

Please let me offer our sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. We take pride in ensuring our guests have an excellent stay with comfortable and clean accommodations and it seems we failed on our end. I would like to speak with you further if you would be so kind to email me at mgolub@cpokc.com. Your comments are greatly appreciated and hope you will give us another opportunity for redemption.