“Don't do it - bad policies and service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City

Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City
Ranked #91 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Coppell, Texas
“Don't do it - bad policies and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Worst policies and customer service of any brand in the industry. Charged me for a day when I canceled the night before.

Although the policy I received is: "Cancellation Policy: Cancel 1 day prior to arrival to avoid penalty." After 30 mins with rude customer service representatives they insisted on charging me because the fine print (which I did not receive) stated I had to cancel by 6pm.

If you are a business traveler, stay with the reputable brands the hassle, poor policies, and rude agents are not worth it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear 94CCC,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City,OK. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Room was clean, bar staff friendly, buffet breakfast was just routine, not worth the ten bucks really. My room had a leaking toilet. Every 5 minutes, it would kick in the refill the tank. I told the desk about it in the morning before going to a meeting. When I came back around 5 PM. Same issue, as if nothing had been done to repair it. I told the desk again about it, left for an evening meeting, came back around 11 PM, same issue. So basically had two days of the hearing the toilet refill itself every 5 minutes, 24/7. No offers to change rooms, accommodate on the bill, etc.
I haven't used Crown Plaza in a while and only stayed there because of Hilton being full. The location was convenient for my business, but never again. You do not expect to have to leave the room fan on, bathroom door closed with a towel at the bottom of the door to block out toilet noise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bach_Minnesota
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear BT S,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback about your visit. It is disappointing to read that this stay was not 100% satisfactory. We have sent you a private message to discuss.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Was in OKC one night and wound up here via Priceline. This is listed as a 3 1/2 star property on Priceline (which is the highest level available on Priceline in OKC), but was not impressed in the least. This is an older property (1960's or 70's?), and while some aspects seem to have been updated somewhat since then, it is nowhere near the standard of more recent construction.

First, the good:
-Staff was friendly, and we got good service.
-Mattress was reasonably comfortable.

The not so good;
-First room we got smelled strongly of mildew. A/C was on full blast when we checked in, as though they were trying to get rid of the smell. Luckily, we got moved to another room which didn't smell, but was close to the elevators. We were awakened by a loud conversation outside our door at about 4:00am, and again at about 6:30am (it was the weekend...).
-The rooms don't have a closet, so the bathroom has to do double-duty. For instance, there were hangers hanging from the towel bar, a luggage rack on the floor, and an ironing board on a wall mounted hanger, which looked tacky in the bathroom. Though there was plenty of space, there was no counter space with the lavatory, which was just a typical wall-hung sink, with no place for toiletries. These restrooms need a total re-think.
-Some of the details of the room were not very nice, such as the acoustical tile ceiling in the vestibule outside the bathroom and the heavy, spray-on texture on the rest of the ceiling.
-Light fixture next to the bed was unplugged. This is a personal bugaboo, as I shouldn't have to get on my hands and knees to reach around behind the night stand to plug in the light fixture. Clearly, not enough receptacles, so the housekeeping staff unplugs the lamp to plug in the vacuum (and forgets sometimes to plug it back in).

I didn't eat anything, or use the gym and pool, so I can't speak to those items.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melissa G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Travel_2_Texas,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We greatly apologize our hotel didn't meet your expectations but are very pleased to here the staff provide friendly, good service.
While our hotel is older, we have gone through quite a few renovations over the last year to modernize it. Our ADA guest rooms have limited counter space to abide by ADA rules and regulations. Our standard guest rooms come with ample counter and closet space. Should you wish to return please specify a non ADA guest room so we can best accommodate you.
Once again, we thank you for your feedback as it helps us to improve upon our services.

Assistant GM
NW Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed two weeknights and got one of the rooms across from the pool. The room itself was nice and had recent updates, but the trek across the grounds was a bit much. After checking in, we found a gate on the other side of the room leading to the side lot; it would be helpful to mention this to guests at the far end of the pool upon check in.

The laundry room near our room was being remodeled, and there was a sign that said that the ice maker was relocated temporarily to the "new laundry." when I asked the front desk for directions, they sent me to the same room that was under renovation. In their defense, they did send someone to the room with ice, and the manager brought me ice the next morning when I went looking for it again.

The aforementioned gate felt like a security concern and didn't make our room -- the nearest to the gate -- feel particularly safe. The whole time of our visit, the gate was propped open, and there was a ladder leaned against the wall blocking the security camera. We didn't see anyone other than hotel staff use it though.

The amenities in the room were very nice. We particularly liked the bedding and pillows on the bed. The room didn't have a fridge, but we didn't ask about availability after checking in. Also, the air conditioner blew exceptionally cold air (too cold) when it was on, so even if you turned it up, the room went from hot to cold to hot...

The staff at the front desk was very helpful as was Latecia (I hope that's right) up in the club lounge. The snacks and drinks in the club lounge were the highlight of the stay, and we were surprised how few others took advantage of it. Perhaps other days are busier.

Overall we liked the hotel and would stay here again (but would ask for a room in the tower).

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower unless you plan to spend lots of time in the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melissa G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear KentV,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. We are currently undergoing renovations to better meet the needs of our hotels guests such as building a guest laundry facility. I greatly apologize we failed to mention the ice machine by the cabana rooms is temporarily out of order. We also are completing work on our roof top thus the reason for the ladder. For safety purposes it does not block the security camera and we can see all of our guests coming and going from the property.
Upon your next visit, please feel free to email me at mgolub@cpokc.com so I can ensure you have a comfortable room in the tower with nice views.
We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve upon our services.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This location was on the "runner friendly" list for the OKC memorial marathon. They also booked a prom with an in credibly loud DJ that played music at its highest volume until midnight. The hotel obviously didn't have the forethought to think about putting runners on higher floors as the party was in the basement of the hotel and I could hear every word the DJ yelled until 11:30pm. If runners didn't have to be up at 4:00am, it may not have been that big of an issue. After 7 calls to the front desk and no results, we gave up. Don't claim to be a "race friendly" or "runner friendly" hotel if you are booking DJ/dance parties the same night. AWFUL!!! The genius in their sales department that did that should get out of hospitality.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Chelsea2013,

Thank you for your review from your stay with us this past Saturday. While our hotel was extremely busy accommodating several different groups, the overall feedback was extremely positive from all of our guests. The staff made special arrangements to assign our guests that booked the special OKC Marathon rate in rooms away from our guests having evening activities to ensure a good nights sleep. Unfortunately we did have marathon participants book outside of the group block and we had no way of knowing otherwise. The team at the Crowne Plaza OKC takes pride in ensuring our guests are satisfied with their stay. Should you participate in the marathon next year, please make sure to book under the OKC Marathon Block so we can ensure an undisturbed nights sleep.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Overall very nice property. Hotel van was at the airport but would not drop me off at Hertz rental location on Meridian on the way back to hotel so I had to get a cab instead. Upon check in, my confirmed upgrade to the club level had disappeared and only after I presented my confirmation for the club level was I given a club level room. At first I was told they were sold out. Rooms are nice but the door frames and molding are old and worn as are the actual doors. Looks like remodel was done but they saved money not replacing the doors or trim. Room relatively clean and new. Bed was very comfortable and internet speed was good. Concierge was nice with free snacks and drinks with a drink coupon from front desk. Free breakfast was awesome. I really appreciated the good french toast, bacon, real oatmeal, and fresh fruit. It also included coffee and juice. Very nice tables to eat at and service was excellent. Free parking. I would like to see a better shuttle service for government guests to the airport and local rent a car companies. I will go back. Club level upgrade and great breakfast are worth retuning for. Views are nice too. Just don't take away my confirmed upgrade next time. No recognition for Platinum membership or any point bonus or welcome gift. Hopefully next time. Consider offering a rent a car package for government employees like the HI airport does. Oh, and pool and spa were closed with 82 degree temps outside. PLease make them open year round.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Happy K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize we were unable to accommodate your request to take you to Hertz on Meridian. Our shuttle service is provided complimentary to our hotel guests within a 3-mile radius. We only provide transportation to the airport for our contracted airline crew members. We appreciate your kind words regarding our guest rooms, IHG rewards reception and quality of our breakfast food. We take pride in ensuring our hotel guests feel welcome and comfortable while at our property. As a valued Platinum IHG Rewards Member, you are entitled to a welcome gift. I apologize this was not offered to you at check-in. If you wouldn't mind, please email me at mgolub@cpokc.com so I can ensure you receive your welcome IHG bonus points.
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on future travels.

Warm Regards,
aspen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Pricelined this place during a roadtrip with the kids last week. Easy to get to, Starbucks next door, nice room by the pool. Our neighbors were a bit rowdy and you could hear every word when then were outside but that's no fault of the hotel. Liked the toiletries too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melissa G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Maureen T,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza OKC for your quick overnight stay. Please let me apologize for the noise levels of the guests near your room. Should you wish to ensure a quiet nights sleep on future stays, our hotel offers a designated quiet floor away from the pool area. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and hope to see you again.

Warm Regards,