“Good Overniter”

Knights Inn Oklahoma City Southwest
Ranked #134 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 27 June 2008

We needed a room for the night before our flight the next day. The room was a typical hotel room size and was very limiting in getting around in the wheelchair. The bed was king size and very comfortable with SIX plump pillows, I was very excited. However, going from the entrance to the bathroom was just barely wide enough for the chair. If I was using a manual wheelchair, I wouldn't have had space for my arms to push it. And forget it if I had footrests to deal with as well.

The bathroom was very large and roomy with a roll-in shower that would have held three people. There was no place for any of your toiletries, the sink was just that, a bowl hanging from the wall. This hotel has exterior doors and although there were many other patrons was really quiet. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. I arranged for a shuttle to the airport and that was done in a really professional manner, by the manager, nonetheless. The room rate was awesome!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AccessibilityTest

Reviewed 23 January 2008

This has got to be one of the most horrible places we have stayed. Roaches!!! No heat!!! Our door would not shut properly!!! Please don't stay here.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2008

Spent a night over the Thanksgiving weekend in 2007 while attending a family reunion. AARP rate was less than $50 including tax for two adults and one child. Included a continental breakfast which included cereal, bagels, donuts, juice, coffee, etc. Clean, remodeled room and very comfortable bed. My son had a sofa bed which had plenty of fresh pillows and an extra blanket stocked in the room. Bathroom small and a little worn, but shower worked very well. Burger King and gas station across the street on May Avenue. Did not try the adjacent coffee shop. All-in-all an excellent value for a night's stay. My parents stayed in another room two nights and they were pleased. Owners accommodating as I accidentally booked a smoking room online. They graciously changed my room to a non-smoking room at check-in at my request without a hassle. Close to and easy access to airport. Would definitely stay there again. There was another motel on the same property that advertised extended stay rentals, but it was not a problem. One kinda creepy, but in another way fascinating occurrence: early on the morning we checked out there were seemingly "four and twenty" thousand blackbirds all over the roof of the motel, in the parking lot, on the high wires, and all over the driveway in front of the motel. Reminded me out of a scene out of Hitchcock's "The Birds." No problem actually, and a sight to behold when they flew away at the same time. Did not notice any unusual "mess" left behind. I asked the owner if this was a common occurrence & he said it had happened a few times. Wish I had had my camera with me.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank howler5
Reviewed 23 September 2007

Should have left as soon as I saw that there was no door nob on the bathroom door,nevermind the fact the light and fan didn't work.Spent an entire night killing roaches(37 confirmed kills) as they came pouring out of the microwave as soon as it got dark.The people in the room next to me dragged all the drawers outside of their room to try and avoid the hoarde of critters they contained.Absolutely the Worst hotel Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank CockroachHunter
Reviewed 5 July 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and found the accomodations to be well suited for my needs. I do a lot of travelling for my job and found the room to be clean and comfortable. My room also had a fridge and microwave, which look to be in almost new condition (they may have been new). The staff was also very helpful. I had some downtime in the evenings and they helped me find my way downtown to kill some time.

I recommend this hotel if you are coming into OKC mainly because of its proximity to the airport. They also had a free shuttle that picked me up and dropped me off.

Overall I think this was an excellent stay for this class of hotel.

Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank nak04
A TripAdvisor Member
tallassee, alabama
Reviewed 11 June 2004

filthy is the most accurate word for this dump! beware, do not stay here...... this place was so dirty that my skin crawled for 2 days!

• Stayed: February 2004, travelled on business