“Great Place To See The Sunset!”
Review of Hefner Lake & Park

Hefner Lake & Park
Ranked #13 of 137 things to do in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This lake is not for swimming. However, sailboats are prominent and kite surfers are welcome. A bike path is paired with a walking path surrounding the entire lake. People walk their leashed dogs, play frisbee, roller blade, lounge, run, walk, bicycle and socialize at the several lakeside restaurants. Louie's is the most interactive with a patio close to the grass and path. This lakeside area is a little escape for landlocked Oklahomans as we drink in the sunshine, outdoor activities and beautiful sunsets.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at a hotel in this area and didn't realize that Hefner lake was so close. We went down to check it out and had fun watching all the sailboats. A great place to take your daily jog or bike ride or take the dog fora walk.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family and I went to see the lake on July 4th weekend. It was a sunny day, tons of people riding bikes, flying kites. People out on boats, sailboats, fishing. A few restaurants around the lake with a nice view. This is a great place for relaxation or activity. I would like to return and do some fishing on a boat. I think it would be a great time.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have enjoyed the views, wind and solitude of watching the boats skim across the waves. We get a nice walk in the sun and usually stop for lunch at one of the restaurants and watch the lake from inside. If you are a bike rider then by all means try out of the trails. Great place to spend part of a lazy afternoon when you want to get out of the house.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I like to drive over to the lake just to taken in the sunset and watch the people. There are times when we don't even get out of the car since the parking lots are so close to the lake in some areas. The view across the lake is so restful and relaxing, the sailboats skimming across the water with the sun setting is really a sight to see. I believe that more people are using the park facilities more, and that it is a nice place for families to be together. I do think that the city needs to spray for mosquitos more often, but probably doesn't have enough in their budget. It is so important to keep the parks, that are used so much, safe for our residents.