“stay at this hotel”

Governors Suites Hotel
Ranked #40 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“stay at this hotel”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

i have stay at the Governors Suites Hotel a few time since my last review.i have to say everyone is nice there.i had said something about the gravy being thin when i went back 3 days later it was just right so they do try hard to please everyone.Keep up the good work.I will be back

Room Tip: i always ask for the same room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
daysinn24913, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you for your very nice review. it is always a pleasure when our guests share their experiencs with others and it helps us know that we are doing the right things to keep our guest coming back for future stays.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
mobile
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I was just visiting from Alabama and decided to stop in and was pleasantly surprised. This is a very clean and cozy hotel. It has lots of amenities including full hot breakfast, swimming pool, sauna, spa etc... The service was great and I plan on returning everytime I am in Oklahoma. I had a great room with a comfortable bed, large bathroom and sitting area. Breakfast was a pleasant experience. There were many choices to select from and all hot and fresh foods. The seating area was large, open and comfortable, Can't say enough about this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank aimee s
govsuites, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review.
Hartsville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed here while driving from New Mexico to South Carolina. The room was outstanding with a great king size bed that was sooooooooooo comfortable. The sitting area had a wide screen TV, a couch, desk, chair, refrigerator, microwave. The room was quiet and comfortable. The staff was very nice. The breakfast was great since it had more than just muffins and cereal. And, the price was outstanding. For the about one-third less of the price for a room at a Holiday Inn, you get twice the room! Next time I am in Oklahoma City, the Governors Suties Hotel is where I am staying!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RichardZ
Reeds Spring, Missouri
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed here at the end of a 3 week vacation out west. We usually stay over in Ok. on
our way to our home in Mo. This hotel/motel was a great place to relax, so spacious &
pleasant. The only "problem" was in the sofa cushions...worn out. Mary the 3 to 11 desk
clerk was so sweet and pleasant. The parking was close to our room, the breakfast was
very good in pleasant surroundings. We hope to come back in a few weeks from now.
The location is very convenient to I-40. After a delicious meal at our favorite restaurant,
"Trappers" (which is nearby), it was nice to return to this lovely room.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your very kind review
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Governors Suites. Yes the hotel is a bit dark and dated, but for the price, I have nothing to complain about. The room was very large and comfortable. Our king suite had a really nice, comfortable bed, a desk area, a couch, a large vanity and decent bathroom, a microwave and a refrigerator. The hotel had a fitness room, spa, and sauna. The free breakfast was great — eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits & gravy, cereal (would've loved some fruit, though). The staff was very friendly. If you're looking for a nice hotel with a good price in this area, I'd highly recommend this one.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank wendalyng
Reviewed 22 February 2011

The room is very clean, we stayed for a week. Housekeeping, came on a daily basis and changed the sheets and cleaned. Very friendly staff. The only negative we found was they quit serving breakfast at 9:00. I do realize that everyone is on different time frame. Yet, I felt they could serve just a little bit later. The lobby is very nice, with real plants.

For the price and quality, this hotel can not be beat.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks fro the very nice review
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I have stayed here a few times. Tonight was the worst experience ever at this hotel. Ask for a pen to write a message down and the pen didnt work. I was told, if I use it hard enough it will work. Tried several times on a piece of paper and it clearly didnt work. I ask for another pen and the clerk slammed another pen down. I needed another piece of paper and the clerk said, "What, you cant use the same piece of paper?" Very unprofessional. Really, I couldnt believe I was being treated this way. Ask for her name and she told me I didnt need to know that. Then, I ask for her managers
name, I was told it wasnt for me to know. I guess she was having a bad night at 1:30 in the morning on 1/15/2011. For some reason she stated she didnt have to let me in after 10:30 at night. Dont know why that statement was made. I use to recommend this hotel to my friends, but now I think I wont be doing that at all. Looking else where. Other nights were just ok and no problems.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank highonyourmemory
daysinn24913, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
You have every right to be upset with the treatment you received on you stay in January 2011. That is definately not the way that we train our desk clerks to treat our guests. Service is very important to all of not only the management staff, but also for the deesk clerks & housekeepers, Since your stay we have almost a complete turn over in staff and provoded them with more training. We have also installed a visual security system, which is monitered routinely to check for any of thebehavior you are told us about and then making sure that it is delt with whether with further training or terminating employment. we would greatly appreciate another chance to show you the changes we have made in many areas of our property, Please consider giving us another chance.