“Disgusting!”

Governors Suites Hotel
Ranked #41 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Disgusting!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

When we walked into the hotel, you could smell the body odor coming from the guy working the front desk.. We checked in and got our keys... Went into our room, and this is where it got worse... The floors were nasty, one of the TVs wire was all cut up, the fold out bed and chair had stains all over them... The king sized beds top blanket had odd nasty looking smell and stains all over... Looks like it hasn't ever been washed... We sat down on the bed to watch some tv... After about 5 minutes, I noticed something was biting me and my boys... A few seconds later, I saw a BUG crawling around on the bed... The room had ants too.. Bath tub was black... The ceiling looks like it was about to fall any minute... I couldn't stand to have my children sleeping in that hotel... We loaded back up in the car and drive down the road to find a better hotel... I would rather had sleep in my car than in that hotel... I was in tears when we left.. It was horrible and disgusting! The whole place stunk like body odor... Would never recommend this hotel to anyone... Wish I could load the pictures to show/warn everyone... The pictures they have added themselves, are NOTHING compared to what it really looks like... Only the outside ones...

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank JustMe19853
govsuites, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
When a review like this appears we immediately began to look into what could have gone wrong. Yes we are in the process of a major renovation, but most of that has been put on hold while we are doing our best to accommodate those who lost homes in the May 20 tornado. We have several rooms of FEMA employees also have heard nothing of this kind of complaint from any of our other guests. Could a couple of things has occurred? Anything is possible, but our front desk staff is very accommodating and would have taken care of them immediately or moved the guests to another room. Please look at the good reviews before counting us out.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I haven't stayed at the hotel and never will. I booked a trip for business but got sick and cancelled the morning of my stay. They have a 24 hour cancellation policy and wouldn't budge so they charged me anyway. There are plenty of other options for my regular business travel to the area, so I will stay elsewhere in the future.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
govsuites, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
We were sorry to hear when a guest is so unhappy. the 24 hour cancellation policy is one set by the company. there are times when it is inconvenient, but businesses must have some sort of policies to stay in business. Due to guests complaints we have decided to take a closer look at this long standing policy to see if it needs some updating.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I walked into the room and the cigarette smell hit me like a brick. I asked if it was a smoking room and they said no and they would get me another room but it would take a little while. I was in a hurry to make a funeral so I jumped in the shower and the tub would not drain at all. When I returned to get the key for the 2nd room the smell was even worse. I asked for a refund and I was denied. I ended up booking another hotel. They could not pay me to stay there.
Steve

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Stevelane500
We are very sad when we hear that a guest checks into a non-smoking room and finds that the previous guest has smoked in theat room. I also saddens us when a guest asks for a non-smoking room and then smokes in that room, or allows their guests to do so. The control of this issue is one that all hotels fight and continually look for an answer to top. We do immediately offer to move a guest when we run into ths problem when they check-in, as it is the only real answer we have at the time. There are certain things that can not be controlled, not matter the effort. However, we do our best to resolve them,
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This has the potential to be a nice hotel, but they're under serious renovations right now. Mattresses in the hallways, unfinished..walls, elevators, trim, well, everything. Bed was comfortable though and that matters. Unfortunately they didn't wash the blanket or duvet which smelled liked a really cheap cherry perfume and woman's makeup. Since I arrived at 11:30 at night after traveling a half day I wasn't into changing rooms, just turned up heat, and rolled down both blankets. Staff was very nice and it was convenient to airport. $11.00 by taxi.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
daysinn24913, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Thank you for your recent review. Yes it is a fact that we are under a major up grade at our hotel. We felt that in the long run our guests would appreciate the updates. There is furniture in the hallways and even though many of the rooms have received there construction face lift, things are not finished as we are waiting until all construction is finished before replacing all of the carpets. We are constantly teaching our staff about things to look for and check daily when cleaning a room for the next guest. We will continue this process to keep up the high quality of stay we work at giving allure guests
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I don't need fancy amenities, but for business travel I do have higher expectations for things like WiFi and business center. The WiFi is balky, and requires repeated trips through the sign-in process (i.e., after every time my iPad or iPhone went into sleep mode, notwithstanding selection of the "auto-join" option). The business center is one of the worst I've ever seen: you have to sign in to have the desk clerk unlock the door, which guards a single ancient computer using an old version of Linux and a mouse that barely works at all (I reported it twice). The printer has a sign stating that there is a 10-page limit on free printing, a policy enforced by limiting the available paper in the room. After printing just 3 pages on evening, I had to go ask the desk clerk to bring more. Since there are no basic business tools in the room (e.g., stapler, paper clips), I also had to borrow the clerk's stapler. For some reason the business center also has an extremely annoying clock with odd wildlife sounds.

The exercise room is co-located with the laundry, which can obviously heat the place to sauna temps...but there is way to adjust the room's thermostat. When I was there, the washer had flooded onto the carpet, and the musty smell that developed was almost nauseating. I reported that along with news on a broken exercise bike console.

The rooms are decent, but the corridor carpets are buckled and torn in some places. The complimentary buffet breakfast is pretty minimal, and consists of the typical high-calorie fare many road warriors are now hoping to avoid. After trying it once, I bought my own.

The location was fine for the purposes of my travel, and the staff was courteous. All things considered, though, there are too many better options available for the same (or similar) price.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
daysinn24913, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you for you recent review. Many of the of the issues regarding the need for updating of our rooms were actually underway when you were a guest in our hotel. Every area is being painted, there will be new furniture, flat screen TV's throughout the hotel and all of the carpets will be replaced after all of the painting & remodeling is completed.
The fitness center/laundry as also being updated, but being that we are a small property seperating may not turn out to be an option. Accidents with water do happen and it is very unfortunate that you had to experience the wet carpet, but we tried to keep the facilities open so that those long-term guest could have the option to get their laundry done.
Yur suggestions for better ameities in the business center is appreciated and has now been put into the current plan. With the center being available 24 hours a day to aoll guests keeping up with the amount of paper in the printer is difficult, but we appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. As to the annoying clock...this is the first we have heard about it being annoying as it was furnished by a guest and our staff does not spend time in there.
Again we are sorry that you didn't find your stay up to the standards we pride our hotel a offering to our guests. We ask that the next time you need a hotel room in this part of town you stop in, checkout the remodel and give us another oppoartunity to serve you.
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

In OKC for business, we selected the Governor's, and was impressed as we were greeted by two sets of automatic doors. The hostess was very nice. The lobby reminded me of New Orleans style. We got a very nice, very comfortable room, with frig, microwave, workstation. The beds are comfy, pillows were nice. Room was very clean, they are repainting in the lobby area and hallways, and working outside to improve drainage. The breakfast was great, hot and plentiful. We used the WI-FI and was on in a moment, we needed to receive a fax, manager was very helpful, I needed to send 12 pages, again he was great, he didnt ask for $$, but I gave him $2.00 just for the time and effort. I was very happy with the decision to stay here !! When we return to OKC we stay here!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Tripp2421
daysinn24913, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for your very nice review of our property. We work very hard to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible and reviews like yours let us know that our efforts pay off.
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We arrived on a day that was 104 degrees in the shade - really (6/27/12). The air conditioning was only barely noticeable when we walked into the lobby and they didn't bother to turn on the A/C in our room. It took several hours to become comfortable, not very pleasant after a long drive. In general, although it appeared clean, my impression is that they were overly budget minded, to a fault. Rooms were also a bit dreary & depressing. Needs renovation. I will not stay here again. $90/night room rate.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ronald P
Thank you for you honest review of our hotel. Yes, it truly was 104 degrees in Oklahoma several times in the summer. Our hotel has a beautiful lobby that exists of a very tall atrium that holds heat in moderate heat and at 104, even with all the lobby AC working as hard as possible only can cool so many degrees.
We also want to let you know that at time time the entire hotel is under going a complete face lift witch includes painting, new furniture, TV's and carpet.
It is our hope that the next time you are in our arear you will stop in, see the changes and give us another opportunity to earn your business.
Again, thank you for your review.