“Musty room”

Governors Suites Hotel
Ranked #36 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night and that was defiantly long enough! Had a room on the ground floor, spacious room but totally in need of renovations. The room had an overpowering smell of wet and musty through it. Bed sheets/ carpet felt damp. The carpet in the room did not even go all the way to the wall on one side of the room and you could see the concrete. They did have a few signs up saying they are in the process of renovating but the room we stayed in should not be used at all in the state that it is in. Breakfast was the worst, nothing left by the time we got there at 830 am, 1 type of cereal, bread, tea, coffee, no juice left. Would definitely recommend you stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
govsuites, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience during your recent stay. We are in the middle of a major remodel and even though every effort is being made to keep our guest comfortable there are things that are out of control. Please come stay with us again so that we can show you what we are really about.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The last stop on our 7 night road trip, this hotel was a pleasant surprise. The exterior is a little dated but nice. The interior is roomy with an atrium, which is a nice environment after a day on the road. Staff was very friendly, and they have a complimentary free hot breakfast. The room was the best part, a suite with king size bed and sitting area with couch. Also included a "kitchenette" with microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker, and counter. Nice and roomy, with a pillow-top bed. It's a bit far from I-40 (about a mile) but plenty of restaurants and close to the airport. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are interior open to the atrium. Ask for a room tucked back in a corner or end of hall.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
daysinn24913, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for your very nice review. It is great to hear from our guests that enjoyed their stays at our hotel. Thank you again.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed here for a wedding we attended. Yes the motel is being remodeled, but it was clean. Our room was clean, and the maid service was great. The towels were very nice. We did not use the pool or sauna, but glanced in they looked nice. The breakfast was good each day. Front desk always helped us with directions to the tourist sites we were wanting to see. Yes we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a King bed room, it was very roomy. We were surprised with the space. The A/C kept us nice &a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
daysinn24913, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Thank you for the very nice review of our facility. Though we are under renovation we work very hard to make sure the rooms that we rent are clean and comfortable.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

When we walked into the hotel, you could smell the body odor coming from the guy working the front desk.. We checked in and got our keys... Went into our room, and this is where it got worse... The floors were nasty, one of the TVs wire was all cut up, the fold out bed and chair had stains all over them... The king sized beds top blanket had odd nasty looking smell and stains all over... Looks like it hasn't ever been washed... We sat down on the bed to watch some tv... After about 5 minutes, I noticed something was biting me and my boys... A few seconds later, I saw a BUG crawling around on the bed... The room had ants too.. Bath tub was black... The ceiling looks like it was about to fall any minute... I couldn't stand to have my children sleeping in that hotel... We loaded back up in the car and drive down the road to find a better hotel... I would rather had sleep in my car than in that hotel... I was in tears when we left.. It was horrible and disgusting! The whole place stunk like body odor... Would never recommend this hotel to anyone... Wish I could load the pictures to show/warn everyone... The pictures they have added themselves, are NOTHING compared to what it really looks like... Only the outside ones...

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank JustMe19853
govsuites, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

When a review like this appears we immediately began to look into what could have gone wrong. Yes we are in the process of a major renovation, but most of that has been put on hold while we are doing our best to accommodate those who lost homes in the May 20 tornado. We have several rooms of FEMA employees also have heard nothing of this kind of complaint from any of our other guests. Could a couple of things has occurred? Anything is possible, but our front desk staff is very accommodating and would have taken care of them immediately or moved the guests to another room. Please look at the good reviews before counting us out.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I haven't stayed at the hotel and never will. I booked a trip for business but got sick and cancelled the morning of my stay. They have a 24 hour cancellation policy and wouldn't budge so they charged me anyway. There are plenty of other options for my regular business travel to the area, so I will stay elsewhere in the future.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
govsuites, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

We were sorry to hear when a guest is so unhappy. the 24 hour cancellation policy is one set by the company. there are times when it is inconvenient, but businesses must have some sort of policies to stay in business. Due to guests complaints we have decided to take a closer look at this long standing policy to see if it needs some updating.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I walked into the room and the cigarette smell hit me like a brick. I asked if it was a smoking room and they said no and they would get me another room but it would take a little while. I was in a hurry to make a funeral so I jumped in the shower and the tub would not drain at all. When I returned to get the key for the 2nd room the smell was even worse. I asked for a refund and I was denied. I ended up booking another hotel. They could not pay me to stay there.
Steve

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Stevelane500

We are very sad when we hear that a guest checks into a non-smoking room and finds that the previous guest has smoked in theat room. I also saddens us when a guest asks for a non-smoking room and then smokes in that room, or allows their guests to do so. The control of this issue is one that all hotels fight and continually look for an answer to top. We do immediately offer to move a guest when we run into ths problem when they check-in, as it is the only real answer we have at the time. There are certain things that can not be controlled, not matter the effort. However, we do our best to resolve them,

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This has the potential to be a nice hotel, but they're under serious renovations right now. Mattresses in the hallways, unfinished..walls, elevators, trim, well, everything. Bed was comfortable though and that matters. Unfortunately they didn't wash the blanket or duvet which smelled liked a really cheap cherry perfume and woman's makeup. Since I arrived at 11:30 at night after traveling a half day I wasn't into changing rooms, just turned up heat, and rolled down both blankets. Staff was very nice and it was convenient to airport. $11.00 by taxi.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
daysinn24913, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Thank you for your recent review. Yes it is a fact that we are under a major up grade at our hotel. We felt that in the long run our guests would appreciate the updates. There is furniture in the hallways and even though many of the rooms have received there construction face lift, things are not finished as we are waiting until all construction is finished before replacing all of the carpets. We are constantly teaching our staff about things to look for and check daily when cleaning a room for the next guest. We will continue this process to keep up the high quality of stay we work at giving allure guests