“I want to live here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oklahoma City
Rusty Gables Guest Lodge & Gallery
Vienna, Virginia
“I want to live here”
Reviewed 9 March 2009

My husband and I stayed here last fall and had the best time. This place is absolutely perfect. First of all, the house itself is beautiful. I loved all the Western art and design. Our room was spectacular and huge. I don't think I've ever stayed in a room that large. The bathroom alone was probably larger than my bedroom at home. Everything was beautiful with two sitting areas, a fireplace, an enormous bathroom with seperate shower and jacuzzi, and a stocked mini fridge. The breakfast was hearty and Western. It was one of the best breakfasts I've had at a bed and breakfast. The hosts were friendly and went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect.

The inside was great but the outside was ever better. They compete in rodeos and raise and train quarter horses. I loved seeing the horses and playing with the dogs. They also offer trail rides. Unfortunately, we didn't have time on this trip. I hope we can return for another trip when we have more time.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jechath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
ITALY
Reviewed 21 August 2008

I generally opt for B&B to arrange my vacation, but this is the first time I have tried an experience like this. We booked the fabolous "Emerald Glen Suite" but the pictures on the website couldn't make you understand how beautiful is the place. Sooo big, so quiet, so elegant. It was simply a dream, nothing less. Sam and Don, the owners, have decided to have only two rooms at this new inn and each room is approximately 700 square feet. I can't find the right words to describe how beautiful was our room! To get total relax you'll find a walk-in shower and a jacuzzi tub for two, equipped with candles and various bath amenities. You will find also a fridge (with so many drinks) plus popcorn to be prepared in the microwave! There is also a fireplace (which we obviously didn't use as it was summer!). The room has also a private entrance with parking.
The room and the property in general reflect the style of these great owners, who always take care of EVRYTHING. The attention to details is really of impact! We will never forget how beautifully decorated was the Emerald suite as we have never experienced something like that! Another thing: don't miss the breakfast for any reason!! We can only suggest to try it!
Position: simply perfect. The property is located in a very quiet area, but only 5 minutes from all the attractions and the restaurants of Oklahoma City.
We definetely will come back and we can only recommend this beautiful place to EVERYONE!

• Liked — Assistance, professional staff, cleaning, originality
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 31 May 2007

Just returned from a stay at Rusty Gables. I agree 101% with the other reviewers. But I must add that this is the best B & B experience I've ever had! Go before it's featured in the New York Times and Architectural Digest!

• Liked — It was perfect!
  • Disliked — It was perfect!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank miloumilou
Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2007

After seeing the beautiful "Emerald Glen Suite" we booked online, I prepared myself that the room we would be staying in would not be as big as depicted in the pictures. But it was as big or bigger! With only two rooms at the new inn, each room is 700 square feet. They are both beautifully decorated with a walk-in shower and a jacuzzi tub for two. Each room also has a private entrance with parking outside your door on this 30 acre ranch within the city limits of OKC. Just a mile east of I-35, we were very close to all the city attractions and restaurants. But we enjoyed just staying in our room, lighting the candles provided, putting on one of the satellite stations on the TV for music, turning on the fireplace and enjoying the romantic atmosphere. With about a dozen light switches, we could set the mood with lighting, as well. White plush robes, a stocked mini-fridge, microwave and many other five-star ammenities provided that we didn't have to leave the room! But, of course, we were prompt for the gourmet breakfast each morning. Nicholosi, one of the owners, has a family history of restauranteurs. So his cooking was fantastic. Friendly but respectful of privacy, the hosts asked if they could "fluff' our room while we were out the next day. We returned to find fresh towels, bed made and the glass shower and the jacuzzi tub wiped spotless. The common room, where we were served breakfast each morning, is also an art gallery with a view of the tree-filled property. There we could find VHS and DVD movies to borrow to watch in our room, eat the afternoon snacks provided or pop the microwave popcorn. We couldn't have asked for more. This is an excellent Bed and Breakfast with unlimited luxury. Relax and enjoy.

• Liked — Jacuzzi tub for two!
  • Disliked — That I don't own it and get to enjoy it all the time.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank sweetman47
AZ
Reviewed 9 September 2006

My wife and I stayed in this gorgeous, custom built home for one night in August 2006. In a word this place is AWESOME, close to busy downtown Oklahoma City, but far enough away you feel you are in your own private place.
Sam and Don are gracious hosts who cannot do enough to ensure the comfort of their guests. They are welcoming, friendly people who made us feel at home.
The two guest suites are very large, very private, and elegantly decorated. There is no detail that has been omitted in these two rooms or the home.
Breakfast was delicious.
This is a place you could return to often.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Come here to relax and enjoy the surroundings