“The Southwest Airlines of Hotels!”
Review of Colcord Hotel

Colcord Hotel
Ranked #1 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Checked in late, heater & air dial was a bit outdated and could not get my room regulated! More operator error then a hotel problem! Did not sleep well, GM immediately was concerned and did not charge for the night! Was not needed!! They sent chocolates to my room including a friends room to let us know how they appreciated us! The staff, from bell hop, room service, bartenders to management was friendly & happy; almost whistling as the worked! Made my day feel great! Since they only have one exit and entre they realy where able to always notice us and greet us wich was fantastic! He location is perfect with in minutes to convention and Bricktown! Perfect ! Highly recomend mostly because of the service and politeness and string desire to make ur stay perfect! A friendly botique hotel with a Four Seasons excellence to service. Oh, fresh coffee & cream left at door with a wake up knock every morning , beets the heck out of the $30 typical morning coffee carafe fee!!! Fantastic idea!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to the Colcord Hotel and for taking the time to provide comments regarding your stay. We do apologize for any issues you experienced regarding the room temperature and equipment.

We truly hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you should you return to downtown Oklahoma City.

tsullivan@colcordhotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel, the staff are so friendly, the room are spacious , the area is nice. Big thank to the manager Thomas , he was super nice and generous with us. We were upgraded to a sweet, I will definitely recommend this hotel and ill come back in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

We greatly appreciate your recent stay and your comments. It was very nice to meet you and we thank you for recommending our property.

We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

The Colcord hotel is a very nice gem in OKC. I enjoyed the architecture and the room renovations were very modern and enjoyable. It is an excellent business hotel and has most of the amenities of a major hotel..it was missing in-room coffee makers but they do have a complimentary delivery service in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AnB_4ever
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Colcord and for taking time to provide a review. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you again should you return to Oklahoma City.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

The Colcord Hotel is a great place for the business traveler or a couple's getaway. I stayed there for 5 days on business and had the best sleep in a long time. The bedding was very high quality. But it was the white noise fan they have in every room that made the difference. I've stayed in downtown hotels before and noise can be an issue. But the white noise drowned out the post game NBA traffic noise (arena just a block away) and was able to get a great night's sleep.

Other great features are the personal touch of having complimentary hot, fresh coffee brought to your room when you want to start the day (the rooms don't have coffee makers), the rooms are spacious including a large LG flatscreen TV.

The only reasons I wouldn't give this a perfect 5 star rating was that the room phone didn't seem to work well (they could use new phones), the room service menu had few selections and the lamp shades seemed to have quite a bit of mileage on them.

I can't wait for their outdoor patio bar to open this spring! It has cushy outdoor lounge furniture, TVs and a fire/water feature. It's a great location to enjoy the evenings next door to the Myriad Gardens and the awesome Devon Energy Center!

But overall the Colcord is a beautiful boutique hotel with very nice people.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate your recent stay at our property and your endorsement of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please know we did take notice of the few issues you mentioned in your review and will work to correct them.

Thank you again. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Location, location, location! So close to bricktown and the convention centers!
Loved the room! Spacious, elegant and above average! Nice towels and amenities!
Obviously the staff and management are committed to making this a great hotel. Service was smooth and quick, from check-in to check-out.
Rooms are very, very spotless! I am very picky to, so if I was amazed, it is very clean, assure you!
Desk Clerks make sure you are wll attended to and very warm and welcoming. A wonderful departure from most and made this place. Kudos to management for well trained staff!
Valets were helpful, efficient and very quick.
The restuarant attached to the hotel services the BEST FOOD in town in my own opinion! You cannot go wrong eating there or ordering room service.
This place has been renovated top to bottom and its is definately a Grand Lady!!

Cons:
A few minor issues:
First was the parking garage. I got lost wondering around and had no clue how to get back to the hotel. Better instructions and detailed map in the room and posted in garage or handed to guests, would be most helpful.
Second was there were no maps or hotel directory for services in the room. This needs to be remedied. I don't know what's available in the hotel, what services are offered or where to go. Just a table side amenities reference guide in room would be great.
The shower with the open walls.. ugh. BRRRRR! TO COLD and got water everywhere. PLEASE PUT A TUB IN ALL ROOMS, plus showers! Would make such a difference. Maybe add a heating bar for the towels to warm up on?
Maybe have discount for breakfast and when you stay and eat, would really benefit those staying and draw folks to the restaurant.

Aside from these minor details this hotel is AMAZING! Would recommend it to couples for romantic weekend, those attending convention centers events, and for a weekend retreat!
I will be back, soon! Thanks for a great weekend Colcord!

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thorough feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as the comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations. We would also like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay and will take into account the issues you mentioned.

Thank you again for your comments and for recommending our property. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

My family of 7 with 3 small dogs were traveling on military orders across the country and were not excited about having to make a stop overnight in Oklahoma City. This place is pretty crappy! We had a hard time finding a place that was decent, affordable, didnt charge an arm and a leg for pet fees and was clean. For the few extra dollars it was so worth saving my family the hassle of other hotels and just staying here! The rooms and the hotel itself is awesome! It is a great looking hotel and the rooms are gorgeous! The beds are very comfy and the staff are very kind and friendly! They were very deserving of being tipped each time they assisted my family while we stayed here! Room service food was very tasty and affordable! Most things on the menu are under 10 bucks! The food is delish and NOT greasy! I am so grateful I ordered and spoiled my large family to meals here! This was certainly a treat and very accommodating to our healthy diets our family tries to maintain even on long road trips! The hotel was very quiet! I really have no complaints! This hotel doesn't belong in a run down city like this! It deserves to be located in a clean and well kept area! Oklahoma City tidy you city up so amazing businesses and hotels like this can flourish and contribute to a better off economy/city! Thanks so much for taking care of our family during our travels across the country! We will certainly refer your hotel to our military friends and families! :-)

1  Thank Downintheforest

We appreciate your recent stay at our property and your comments regarding your experience. We are pleased we could accommodate your family, including your pets.

We truly hope you will consider staying at the Colcord Hotel should you travel through Oklahoma City again.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I can not say enough good things about the Colcord. My wife and I came up and stayed Feb 2-4 2013......we were celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary. I called ahead and spoke with Lindsay Claxton (I got her name from others reviews of their stays and how well she treated them) and I explained to her that I wanted to bring my wife up, that it is VERY rare we get to go away alone without the kiddos......so I wanted to make it special for her.......Lindsay right away said yes she could help us......and was so very generous with us. She made me feel special, like we were her only priority that day ! (And I know I wasn't) well needless to say....when we arrived....the vallet were VERY courteous and professional....the front desk as well....and I have to say.....check in was quick and painless......they did not have me in the lobby tittering around forever.......From the time I opened my car door to step out, to unloading our luggage, to check in, to the elevater and opening the door to our beautiful suite.....it was literally under 10 min. Every staff member was nothing but kind and courteous. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The room.....breathtaking.....and Lindsay had champagne on ice, two glasses, chocolate dipped strawberries, and a really nice happy anniversary card....all waiting just inside the door on the living room table. My wife just melted! This weekend was what we needed as couple......and thanks to the staff, and especially to Lindsay......for making it happen. The room was beautifil, clean, and spacious.......I have to say my favorite part of the room, was the bathroom......the jacuzzi tub......the oversized and glass walled shower, and just the overall layout....it was as unique as it was comfortable. I also have to recommend to visitors to OKC to make the short trip to the stockyards and eat one of the best steaks you'll ever eat at Cattlemans Cafe.....the weekend was awesome....we laid in bed sunday, dined in and watched the super bowl! Ravens won so that was good. We checked out Monday, but before heading home (back to reality) we topped our weekend off with a OKC Thunders game! The Thunder DOMINATED Dallas! We are back home, the fairy tale weekend has come to an end, but thanks to the wonderful staff of the Colcord Hotel and to Lindsay Claxton who made it all possible..
....we had the best weekend alone together. If you are traveling to OKC I cannot express enough how much you need to visit the Colcord! If you like being treated like royalty, as well as feeling like it......this is the place for you!!!!!

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
♡Jason and Miriam Smith♡
♥Elmore City, Ok. ♥
♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

1  Thank DirtyDingo
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

We truly appreciate you chose our property for your anniversary weekend. Thank you also for taking time to provide this comprehensive review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again should you visit Oklahoma City. Happy Anniversary!