“Cooks/Couts Wedding”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Cooks/Couts Wedding”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

On November 9, 2013, I married my best friend at the Skirvin Hilton hotel. Our ceremony took place on the second floor in the Centennial. Everything detail of the room was executed with excellence. Mickey was friendly and professional, he made sure every aspect of the ceremony was the way we planned it.

After the ceremony, we proceeded to the 14th floor where our reception took place! The room was set up beautifully and the servers were all so amazing! Brenda, Teri, Maria D., Odilla, Nancy, Jingwen, Jeremy, and Oscar truly made our day special. We served a breakfast buffet for our reception dinner and it was an absolute hit! Roderick who worked the omelet station, made the best omelets any of my guest have ever had! In addition Kelsey in accounting was awesome she made the process of paying for the wedding simple and easy!

I would like to encourage all newly engaged couples who are in search of a beautiful venue, with a Great Gatsby feel; to try the Skirvin hotel, ask for Jenny S.

KC

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MDGGRS, Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear KC –

Thank you for the accolades as well as recognition of our amazing associates. I am honored that you entrusted the Skirvin Hilton for your special day. I concur with your comments that the Skirvin is a beautiful venue to host a wedding and was proud to read that so many of our associates provided you with extraordinary service from start to finish. Congratulations on your nuptials.

Sincerely –
Brett Sundstrom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed at the Skirvan for three nights while we were in OKC for our son's wedding. The lobby decor was beautiful, but the room could have been any hotel. The staff was not engaging at all, as is usually the case at a hotel with local history. Although valet parking was a bit expensive, those were the nicest folks we encountered! Breakfast at the restaurant was very nice, especially the omelet station! Would probably not stay here again. Big let down.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 4PamelaDee
Roseann G, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Pamela,
Please call me directly as I would like to talk to you about these isues405 702 8501.
Thank you so much.
Portage, Michigan
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Not only was this hotel "wonderful"...We were fortunate to have a bell man, named Chris...With his type of help, we were able to walk to the Oklahoma Memorial....Helped us find a steak house (Cattlemans), Gave directions to Riverwind Casino...He planned the week-end for us....Our own personal planner... (What an awesome "young man".)..

Skirvin Hilton should be proud to have him on there staff.....

Room Tip: We were in Room 702, close to the elevator, and across from the ice machine...It was perfecdt....We...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dorth O,
Thank you so very much fot taking the time to do a Trip Advisor on Chris. He is a wonderful person and great employee.
I am fortunate to have him here.
My Best,
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Although I'm a Marriott platinum member, my fiancée wanted us to stay at the Skirvin for the big AQHA horse show, and luckily we got in, despite a Thunder game and Rihanna concert book ending the trip. It was even better than last time. I think my room was bigger and the bathroom was so so spacious. Even with the trains in the area, I slept like a baby and even waking up early, good strong hot coffee was complimentary near the valet area.

One more perk that I was very impressed by that I didn't utilize before...it has a great gym. Free weights only go up to 50 pounds but between a number of treadmills to a couple of "green" treadmills to having a places to do chin-ups, this was a very solid gym. I'll still do what I can to maintain my Marriott platinum status but I can see staying here in OKC every time we are here. So much charm.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Roseann G, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Rw,
I am so glad you had a great time....We are really proud of how we are growing here.
I look forward to your return as we keep improving our product.
My Best and see you soon,
California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Just back from a weekend at the Skirvin, and it definitely was a good experience. Loved the old world decor and vibe, and our room was more spacious than expected, especially on an older hotel. A nice layout in the room and the bathroom, plenty of space for two of us. Amenities were good, service excellent at both the front desk and the restaurant where breakfast was perfect. Don't miss Archie at the omelet station- truly excellent. One minor issue, the valet parking is rather expensive so avoid that if possible. Overall a great experience at a very well run hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Roseann G, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear MRG,
Thank you for the compliments as they really make us feel proud. I am glad that we exceeeded your expectations. I apologize for the parking but parking is limited so we are at the mercy of companies to rent spaces from as well.
I look forward to seeing you back here very soon!!!!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Skirvin is amazing! I am into the history aspect of older buildings and this place just crawls with it! The architechure and decor is really beautiful! The Red Piano Lounge downstairs was absolutely packed the night we were there (a Saturday) but the service never skipped a beat and the people watching was great! I WILL be back!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello and great to hear how much fun you had....The Red Piano bar is spectacular in so many ways.......But do not miss the red violins being made next door by our Artist in Residence....He is amazing...
See you real soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Well located five star hotel, with nioce restaurant and bar favcing the street view.

Suites are excellent sized and very large ( mine was 1007 ).

The product is reasonably priced too.

Heavy front door security.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LondonWolfeee
Dear London,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I am thrilled you loved the hotel as we do too!
Looking forward to your return.