“Business Reception”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #5 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Great experience due to the impeccable service. Julie was our coordinator that did an amazing job from the point of contact in October 2013 to us walking out the door February 2014! She checked on our group daily and on her day off! Amazing job!
We happened to check-in on a day in which they were doing an honor reception for their artist in house! What a reception! Everyone was so accommodating and of course the food was incredible!
The inhouse catering staff for the banquet went above and beyond to accommodate us! Kudos to Alvin and JhenWen for their outstanding service.
Last but not least the Food and drinks in the piano bar are outstanding!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear The4Ortons - Thank you so very much for your accolades. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent experience at the Skirvin Hilton. Your comments, endorsement and recognition of Julie, Alvin and JingWen are highly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Skirvin..

Kindest regards,
Brett Sundstrom | General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

998 - 1,004 of 1,633 reviews

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Just returned from a business trip that allowed me to discover this unique hotel. The common areas were filled with charming old details and items that capture the history of the hotel. The rooms are remodeled and were clean. Full sized laptop sized safe, and coffee maker in the room. The meeting I was attending had a reception on the 14th floor which was a beautiful ballroom that would make a great wedding venue.

I did not get an opportunity to explore downtown Oklahoma City but did use the underground tunnel system to get to the arena where the OKC Thunder plays. When someone told me there were underground tunnels I did not expect the heated and carpeted walkways that went right under this hotel to the arena.

I had the opportunity for drinks and appetizers in the bar, both of which were average in price for a downtown destination and tasty. My only complaint is the gym was in the basement which felt a bit creepy.

Room Tip: Others I was traveling with indicated rooms by the elevator were noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Loves2Trvl – the Skirvin Hilton is a Grand Dame and has been providing quiet luxury since 1911. You need to come back and experience Downtown OKC's most vibrant districts and attractions, including Chesapeake Energy Arena, Bricktown, Automobile Alley, the Business District, the Arts District, Midtown and Deep Deuce. The underground concourse is another unique feature of our city.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The hotel is beautiful and served by an excellent staff.We were upgraded to a suite and when our stay was extended due to bad weather, our rate was kept the same and the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. The history of the hotel is amazing and the collection of photographs and mementos from the "early days" make an interesting decorative display. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. It is located in the downtown area which is convenient for business, but close to "Bricktown" a prime entertainment area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Donna D – The Skirvin Hilton, she is a Grand Dame indeed with an incredible 102 year history in the center of it all in OKC. Thank you for your patronage and recognition. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us. I was pleased to read that the staff created a wonderful stay for you. Your feedback is awesome and has been shared with our Team.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Loved the hotel, service, room and food. It has that old glamour feel with red piano in the lobby and someone playing it every day. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars is lack of free internet. Other than that, very nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear NevaPlanet – the Skirvin Hilton is truly a GEM and has been providing quiet luxury since 1911. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Thank you for your posting.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had a business dinner tonight at the restaurant. Josh and Dale were outstanding. Service was outstanding along with great food. The table had a assortment from the menu, everything was cooked to protection. Great experience!

• Stayed: February 2014
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear donner1963 - Thank you so very much for your First Class review. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent experience at the Park Avenue Grill. Your comments, endorsement and recognition of Josh and Dale are highly appreciated. I trust we will see you soon for another return visit.

Kindest regards,
Brett Sundstrom | General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I travel Sun-Thu each week for my job. My current assignment is in Oklahoma City, right across the street from the Skirvin. I contacted their Business Travel office and was quite impressed with their quick response and assistance.

I've stayed their Sun-Thu for the past three weeks. It's a beautiful hotel and the staff is very helpful. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. The rooms are very nice, as is customary with the Hilton brand. The hotel reminds me of the Palmer House in downtown Chicago, with the same grand old hotel feel.

I recommend this for any business traveler. It's a great hotel with a great staff - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear ccorson97 – We always appreciate feedback from Trip Advisor Contributors during their travels. Your comments and endorsement are highly appreciated.

Safe Travels – Brett Sundstrom | General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The building and room were beautiful. The restaurant service and food are very good. The front desk was incapable of following my clear billing instructions. My room was cold and it did not seem to warm. I could not get the internet to work in my room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Robin H

Dear Robin H - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize that you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with your billing have been addressed. If I may be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. I appreciate you alerting me to this issue and hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Kindest Regards - Brett Sundstrom | General Manager bretts@marcuscorp.com