“Treated poorly and very disappointed”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #10 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Treated poorly and very disappointed”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We came in for my 10 year highschool reunion which was held in one of their "ballrooms". We paid 380.00 for a "suite". At 1130 pm, we had 4 people in our room talking in our room about where we were going next. I stress we were TALKING. We received a knock at the door saying we were receiving noise complaints. We took our conversations down to a soft talk and received yet another knock on the door 10 minutes later saying we were still receiving complaints. After I explained to the man that there were 4 of us and we were talking VERY quietly he snapped back with "there is only one person registered to this room. Everyone else can go to the lobby." We then decided to leave. Upon returning about 230am to our room we stopped to get some soda from the convenience store to which the man explained that they must have made a mistake because our room was still receiving complaints even after we left so "oops" they must have had the wrong room. I am VERY disappointed in the treatment we received after paying almost 400 dollars for a room for ONE night. In the future we will be taking our "elite status Hilton Honors" to a different location. Upon calling we were also told "we believe every room has a wet bar". Which also was not accurate as there was nothing in our room. There was also not a fitted sheet on the bed but at 230am, we were done requesting anything of the staff. For the money, I would prefer to be treated with respect and stay in a hotel with better staff and better amenities. Again, VERY disappointed to have such a beautiful hotel with such lackluster service.

Room Tip: We paid for a suite and got an average sized bedroom, a bathroom that is outside the room and across...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank oknewt04
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear OKnewt04,

I would like to apologize for the disappointing experience that you had at the Skirvin Hilton while celebrating your high school class reunion. Events like these should be filled with many positive memories; we failed to achieve this.

Our team strives to ensure our guests are assured a clean, comfortable and quiet room worthy of a great night's sleep. While we encourage our guests to visit with their friends and family during early morning hours in our Red Piano Lounge and lobby areas, your comment about us removing your party from your room and the ensuing actions will be thoroughly investigated.

Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter in greater detail. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Brett Sundstrom
405-702-8501

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Bixby, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel has been well maintained. The pool is in the basement and is a bit small. The only other issue we had was noise from our neighbors. Overall, this place is a nice hotel with charm and history that make it a special place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tmac4ou
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I always stay at the Skirvin when I travel to Oklahoma City. Great hotel and located right downtown. I normally like to eat out at local restaurants and experience the culture in and around downtown. However, last night I decided to stay in and eat in the hotel bar, The Red Piano Lounge, located in the lobby. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with not only the menu, but the atmosphere and the service. I arrived around 6pm and sat in a comfortable chair near the window. My waitress, who greeted me immediately and introduced herself as Ashley, was both pleasant and efficient. My glass of wine was delivered quickly and tasted fresh. I ordered the Ribeye Steak ($35) and a side of Grilled Asparagus. After waiting only about 20 min, my dinner arrived. I have to admit the steak was a little overcooked for my liking. Fortunately, my waitress Ashley was intuitive enough to know that I wasn't pleased. She approached me and asked if everything was to my specification, and I told her that my definition of medium was probably different than her chef's definition. She immediately informed me that she would have another Ribeye steak prepared and brought out to me as quickly as possible. Not only did the new steak arrive perfectly cooked and delicious, but a new side of asparagus as well. This is the type of service that makes me write these reviews. Ashley was not only professional, but understanding and very much on top of things. The Red Piano Lounge was a great atmosphere and truly enjoyable. Now, I will always try to convince my colleagues to stop here before going out into Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma city, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Friendly, fabulous, fantastic time away for our 20th anniversary! We have a child with autism. We do not get to be alone very often. Staff was extraordinary. Ambiance of the Skirvin is amazing. Spotless, quiet and comfortable. My husband said we should return here every year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I stayed during the month of July, 2014. The hotel was very nice and in a great location of our meeting site and access to Brick town and other eating places. The hotel has very nice and spacious rooms which give you an apartment type feeling instead of a tiny hotel room. I would highly recommend this hotel

Midlothian, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Beautiful hotel and excellent service! Dinner was fantastic and loved the new salad selection. Waiter and staff in the restaurant was very helpful and friendly. Valet was extremely fast and gave great directions on where I was going. Wish I had stayed longer….but I will be back again soon!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Wilburton, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Skirvin is a beautifully restored landmark, but the beauty ends there. When checking in, the young lady at the front desk greeted me warmly. I informed her that I had a reservation which I made online. I had reserved one of the rooms that had been blocked for our state teachers' conference at a considerable discount. Upon discovering that I was a teacher, the young lady's demeanor changed instantly. She became haughty in her tone and seemingly disdainful. She seemed put out when I asked questions about the hotel and parking. I do realize that most people staying at a $200+ per night hotel are not doing so on an Oklahoma teacher's salary, but all guests should be treated with polite courtesy. I stayed in a room with two full size beds. The most unconformable bed of any hotel in which I have ever stayed. I got about 1 hour of tortured sleep and awoke with a clenching lower back. I have slept in higher quality queen sized beds in hotel rooms that were $49 per night and just as clean. This hotel is all show and blow for those of us who are not quite at their preferred station in life. I did however interact with a young man working the front desk that was very nice. The positive aspect of the stay was the downtown location being only 2 blocks from my conference site.

2 Thank Stephen G