“Skirvin”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sherman, United States
“Skirvin”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Historic hotel in downtown OKC. Staff was superb. Had an delux king room in the front of the hotel and the room was beautiful. The hotel is beautiful and we enjoyed just strolling around and looking at the old pictures, the artist in residence, and the collectibles that are throughout the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Kevin T – I am glad that you had the opportunity to interact with our artist in Residence, was it not amazing how he makes his violins by hand! Thank you for staying with us and providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.

Kindest Regards – Brett Sundstrom | General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful evening out for our anniversary. Check-in couldn't have gone better as the clerk recognized our special night and even asked if we had any advice for a long lasting marriage.

Room was nice - not large by any means but served our needs. Comfortable bed. Clean. Just about perfect.

Hotel staff sent up a card and treats to congratulate us and the card was signed by the desk staff.

Just had a wonderful time and if we didn't live 25 minutes away we'd stay more often. Thank you for making our anniversary a special once.

Stayed August 2014
Dear SS1971 – thank you for your feedback. I am honored that you selected the Skirvin Hilton to celebrate your anniversary. We always appreciate the reviews of Top Contributors during their travels. Your comments and endorsement are highly appreciated.
Kindest regards,

Brett Sundstrom | General Manager
owasso, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Skirvin was a fabulous boutique hotel with amazing service and delicious food! The valet/room service/front desk were very friendly and helpful. When we ordered room service we weren't expecting gourmet food. We would go back just for the food!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Patricia V - Thank you for your accolades. I am delighted that you recognized the creativity of the hotels culinary team. Next visit you will need to visit the Park Avenue Grill or the Red Piano. Your comments and endorsement are highly appreciated. See you next month.
Kindest regards,

Brett Sundstrom | General Manager
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My friends & I only stayed one night when we went on a Ghost Tour of downtown OKC. We wanted to stay at the Skirvin because it is reported to be haunted. While we didn't see any ghostly activity in the hotel, we were delighted with this hotel because it was like a step back in time. It is an absolutely beautiful old style hotel! The beds were smaller (double) but comfortable, the bathroom perfectly clean & the room was pretty. The history of the Skirvin was actually printed on a blanket on the bed! The staff was very nice & accommodating. We loved the Red Piano bar & our cocktail waitress! It is right in the middle of downtown, so we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. There is no parking at the hotel, but there is a parking garage right across the street, or you can use the valet service. We loved our stay at the Skirvin & I definitely recommend it. For me & my friends, the cost of our stay was quite a bit more than we would normally pay, but it was well worth it for our special trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dee S
Dear Dee S – I am glad that you found the hotel to be “BEAUTIFUL” and enjoyed the historic charm of the Skirvin. We do offer valet parking services as well as a self-parking option with the garage adjacent to the hotel. Your recommendation means a lot and I appreciate you providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

A fabulous hotel right in the heart of OKC. Walking distance to the OKC Memorial and Bricktown. The rooms were clean, the service was excellent, and the hotel bar is fabulous. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear nicholeo301 - The Skirvin Hilton, she is a Grand Dame indeed with an incredible 102 year history in the center of it all in OKC. Thank you for your patronage and recognition. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us.

Kindest Regards – Brett Sundstrom |General Manager
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel was absolutely amazing. My family and I were completely blown away. The staff at the Skirvin was beyond accommodating. I have never had customer service quite like what we received at the Skirvin. My family and I enjoyed breakfast every morning in the hotel. The food was absolutely amazing and the wait staff was phenomenal. My husband and I enjoyed a night in the hotel bar, The Red Piano Lounge. The bar was outstanding. Our waitress was very polite and informative. We were greeted immediately upon sitting down and had our drinks within two minutes. We ordered the nachos off of the menu and they were amazing. Probably the best nachos we have ever had. I asked our waitress for a bottle of water and she went out of her way to get one from the front desk. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting OKC.

Room Tip: The beds were a little small for our liking but they were very comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sharon F – I am glad that you found the hotel to be “AMAZING”! I have shared your praises with the Park Avenue Grill and Red Piano teams and mirror your sentiment that my staff is highly passionate to serve others. Thank you for staying with us and providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.

Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We came in for my 10 year highschool reunion which was held in one of their "ballrooms". We paid 380.00 for a "suite". At 1130 pm, we had 4 people in our room talking in our room about where we were going next. I stress we were TALKING. We received a knock at the door saying we were receiving noise complaints. We took our conversations down to a soft talk and received yet another knock on the door 10 minutes later saying we were still receiving complaints. After I explained to the man that there were 4 of us and we were talking VERY quietly he snapped back with "there is only one person registered to this room. Everyone else can go to the lobby." We then decided to leave. Upon returning about 230am to our room we stopped to get some soda from the convenience store to which the man explained that they must have made a mistake because our room was still receiving complaints even after we left so "oops" they must have had the wrong room. I am VERY disappointed in the treatment we received after paying almost 400 dollars for a room for ONE night. In the future we will be taking our "elite status Hilton Honors" to a different location. Upon calling we were also told "we believe every room has a wet bar". Which also was not accurate as there was nothing in our room. There was also not a fitted sheet on the bed but at 230am, we were done requesting anything of the staff. For the money, I would prefer to be treated with respect and stay in a hotel with better staff and better amenities. Again, VERY disappointed to have such a beautiful hotel with such lackluster service.

Room Tip: We paid for a suite and got an average sized bedroom, a bathroom that is outside the room and across...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank oknewt04
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear OKnewt04,

I would like to apologize for the disappointing experience that you had at the Skirvin Hilton while celebrating your high school class reunion. Events like these should be filled with many positive memories; we failed to achieve this.

Our team strives to ensure our guests are assured a clean, comfortable and quiet room worthy of a great night's sleep. While we encourage our guests to visit with their friends and family during early morning hours in our Red Piano Lounge and lobby areas, your comment about us removing your party from your room and the ensuing actions will be thoroughly investigated.

Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter in greater detail. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Brett Sundstrom