“Couples Getaway”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oklahoma
“Couples Getaway”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. The room was quiet and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel is beautiful and I enjoyed all of the hotel's nostalgic photos that lined the hallways. The piano lounge/bar was wonderful. The food, drinks, and service were outstanding. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear nic98omo - Thank you so very much for your patronage. I am glad you enjoyed the experience and recognized the historic detail and heritage involved in our historically modern hotel. The Skirvin has provided quiet luxury since 1911 in the heart of downtown Oklahoma City. Your recommendation means a lot as well as the recognition of the Red Piano Lounge and park Avenue Grill. Our staff is appreciative of your recognition and proud to serve each and every day. We hope to see you soon for a return visit to our great City and the Skirvin Hilton.

Kindest Regards – Brett Sundstrom | General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 August 2014

From the time you walk in you feel special. The bartenders are the best you will find anywhere. They have Mike who has his limo waiting outside to take you where you want to go. Great guy! I travel all the time for business but this is where I come for pleasure.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Dpiercy– I am honored by your endorsement. I have shared your praises with my team and mirror your sentiment that my staff is highly passionate to serve others. Thank you for staying with us and providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.

Middleton, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

1. I requested a fan for quiet noise and waited an hour for its arrival---then found out the staff member forgot to write down my room #/name. 2. Ordered breakfast w/door card (time and type of food)--time came and went w/no breakfast, then wrong breakfast came. 3. Cleaning crew removed food tray, but left original plate of incorrect breakfast making the room smell! 4. Paid extra for a room with a view... a view of a cement parking structure. 5. Requested breakfast card for next day--after an hour, no delivery--said nevermind. 6. Upon departure--the wrong car was brought up from valet--they had criss crossed two tickets.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Natalie S
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Natalie S – Thank you for your candid feedback. What a horrible hotel experience. At Hilton we have a “Make It Right” service culture and it was evident that my staff failed to exhibit this level of service. I have sent you a separate e-mail apology as well.

Sincerely – Brett Sundstrom | General Manager
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Beautifully restored hotel. Love this place - great amenities and wonderful service. The place has a lot of character and the attention to detail in the restoration was impeccible. So happy this grand hotel was saved and flourishing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Susan S - Thank you for your continued support and I was glad to read that you had an impeccable stay. Today’s Skirvin Hilton is a combination of historic beauty and modern luxury. Your recommendation means a lot and I appreciate you providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.

Denver, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you like historic buildings you will love this beautiful hotel. The lobby is spectacular. The lobby bar has an excellent menu and the food prepared as ordered. The staff were very accommodating. I had breakfast in the restaurant before my meeting. I ordered an item that takes longer than most and thank goodness the wait staff informed me of that! She offered me a perfect alternative. That is how customer service should be.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Kathryn H - The Skirvin Hilton, she is a Grand Dame indeed with an incredible 102 year history in the center of it all in OKC. I have shared your praises with my team and mirror your sentiment that my staff is highly passionate to serve others. Thank you for your patronage and recognition. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us.

Kindest Regards – Brett Sundstrom |General Manager
Sherman, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Historic hotel in downtown OKC. Staff was superb. Had an delux king room in the front of the hotel and the room was beautiful. The hotel is beautiful and we enjoyed just strolling around and looking at the old pictures, the artist in residence, and the collectibles that are throughout the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Kevin T – I am glad that you had the opportunity to interact with our artist in Residence, was it not amazing how he makes his violins by hand! Thank you for staying with us and providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.

Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful evening out for our anniversary. Check-in couldn't have gone better as the clerk recognized our special night and even asked if we had any advice for a long lasting marriage.

Room was nice - not large by any means but served our needs. Comfortable bed. Clean. Just about perfect.

Hotel staff sent up a card and treats to congratulate us and the card was signed by the desk staff.

Just had a wonderful time and if we didn't live 25 minutes away we'd stay more often. Thank you for making our anniversary a special once.

Stayed August 2014
Dear SS1971 – thank you for your feedback. I am honored that you selected the Skirvin Hilton to celebrate your anniversary. We always appreciate the reviews of Top Contributors during their travels. Your comments and endorsement are highly appreciated.
Kindest regards,