“Best place to stay downtown OKC”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #8 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Texas
“Best place to stay downtown OKC”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I love old classic hotels, but I really love old classic hotels that have been remodeled and are able to modernize and still capture the original spirit and charm. Rooms are modern and comfortable. Great hotel, great service, awesome experience.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear OleMissTraveler – We always appreciate the reviews of Senior Contributors during their travels. I agree, today’s Skirvin Hilton is a combination of historic beauty and modern luxury. Your recommendation means a lot and I appreciate you providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.

Kindest Regards – Brett Sundstrom |General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Arlington, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in Oklahoma City, a beautiful city. Very impressed with the walkability to all the attractions from the Skirvin Hilton ~ great location! The staff was friendly and accommodating. The food is great at the Park Avenue Grill! Just a wonderful place to stay downtown. Will definitely come again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Dorothy K - The Skirvin Hilton, she is a Grand Dame indeed with an incredible 102 year history in the center of it all in OKC. Thank you for your patronage and recognition. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us.

Houston
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Skirvin Hotel in OKC, OK. We received great service. Ms Sue was particularly kind, welcoming and warm. Ms Sue made sure we were comfortable and greeted us warmly each time she saw us. Kara was a nice server who made us feel right at home.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear AFranklinHouston - I am delighted you experienced our “People Pleasing People” service culture at the Skirvin Hilton during your hotel stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and for highlighting our extraordinary staff. Your recommendation means a lot as well as the recognition of Ms. Sue and Kara of the Park Avenue Grill. Our staff is the best in Oklahoma and truly distinguishes us from our competition.

Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. The room was quiet and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel is beautiful and I enjoyed all of the hotel's nostalgic photos that lined the hallways. The piano lounge/bar was wonderful. The food, drinks, and service were outstanding. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear nic98omo - Thank you so very much for your patronage. I am glad you enjoyed the experience and recognized the historic detail and heritage involved in our historically modern hotel. The Skirvin has provided quiet luxury since 1911 in the heart of downtown Oklahoma City. Your recommendation means a lot as well as the recognition of the Red Piano Lounge and park Avenue Grill. Our staff is appreciative of your recognition and proud to serve each and every day. We hope to see you soon for a return visit to our great City and the Skirvin Hilton.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 August 2014

From the time you walk in you feel special. The bartenders are the best you will find anywhere. They have Mike who has his limo waiting outside to take you where you want to go. Great guy! I travel all the time for business but this is where I come for pleasure.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Dpiercy– I am honored by your endorsement. I have shared your praises with my team and mirror your sentiment that my staff is highly passionate to serve others. Thank you for staying with us and providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.

Middleton, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

1. I requested a fan for quiet noise and waited an hour for its arrival---then found out the staff member forgot to write down my room #/name. 2. Ordered breakfast w/door card (time and type of food)--time came and went w/no breakfast, then wrong breakfast came. 3. Cleaning crew removed food tray, but left original plate of incorrect breakfast making the room smell! 4. Paid extra for a room with a view... a view of a cement parking structure. 5. Requested breakfast card for next day--after an hour, no delivery--said nevermind. 6. Upon departure--the wrong car was brought up from valet--they had criss crossed two tickets.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Natalie S
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Natalie S – Thank you for your candid feedback. What a horrible hotel experience. At Hilton we have a “Make It Right” service culture and it was evident that my staff failed to exhibit this level of service. I have sent you a separate e-mail apology as well.

Sincerely – Brett Sundstrom | General Manager
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Beautifully restored hotel. Love this place - great amenities and wonderful service. The place has a lot of character and the attention to detail in the restoration was impeccible. So happy this grand hotel was saved and flourishing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Susan S - Thank you for your continued support and I was glad to read that you had an impeccable stay. Today’s Skirvin Hilton is a combination of historic beauty and modern luxury. Your recommendation means a lot and I appreciate you providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.