“Great Value, But Cut Down on the Pine-Sol”

Best Western Plus Barsana Hotel & Suites
Ranked #45 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Boston, MA
“Great Value, But Cut Down on the Pine-Sol”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My 10 year old and I stayed one night at this budget hotel. It was a great value with complimentary parking, wireless, and full hot breakfast. The hotel was very clean and the front desk woman provided outstanding customer service. Two reasons why I did not give this facility five stars is a) the price point of this chain attracts some inconsiderate hotel guests who are very loud in the hallways late in the evening and b) the scent of the Pine-Sol or cleaning products used is quite strong. This odor did not bother us initially, but by bedtime, we wanted to open the windows.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
GuestServicesPro, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Barsana Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear 3onaTrip,

Thank you for your comments. I would first like to apologize for your concerns. We address every guest matter and make sure it is resolved. Our third party cleaning product provider was notified and adjustments have been made. Our housekeeping staff have all been notified about this matter as well. This will not happen again. Once again, thank you for your comments. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Justin H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Booneville
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I was very pleased at this location. The clerks were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this motel at this location for anyone. The room was very clean and the service was second to none. I will always stay at Best Western from now own.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPlusBarsana, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Barsana Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Larry P,

The staff and I at the Best Western Plus Barsana Hotel and Suites are delighted to hear your heart felt comments. Our goal is to make sure each and every guest has the same experience as you. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Was given a spacious, quiet room on the top floor, enjoyed a nice hot breakfast, and used their workout facility, which was small but perfectly fine. Didn't get to the pool, but it looked nice. The staff were all very friendly, and the room was immaculate.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
BWPlusBarsana, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Barsana Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Andrew W,

On behalf of the Best Western Plus Barsana Hotel and Suites I would like to thank you for your heartfelt comments. It was a pleasure of ours serving you. We hope you get to enjoy the indoor heated pool the next time you come to visit us. Once again, thank you and see you in the near future.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I travel every 2 weeks to OKC for business. Due to my client's relocation to the south side of town, my company has been booking me at the Best Western Barsana. Like all places, it's got its positives and negatives, but my stays have been mostly positive.

First, the positives:

The staff is uniformly excellent, always extremely pleasant and helpful. By my second stay, I was treated like an old friend.

The rooms are nice and comfortable, with everything I need: a microwave, a refrigerator, a TV with just about every channel you can think of. I've never had a problem with anything not working properly: toilet, shower, heater, internet.

The fitness room has a small set of dumbells and a bench, along with the cardio equipment (treadmill, elliptical, stationery bike). Sometimes when I'm busy I can't get down there until after it "officially" closes at 10PM, but the staff has always let me get my after-hours workout in anyway. Unlike other places, the fitness equipment is well-maintained.

It's conveniently located for me, about a 5-minute drive to my worksite. The area has everything I need in terms of amenities: lots of restaurants, lots of retail stores, Wal-Mart is about a 5 minute drive away, etc.

They have free coffee at all hours in the lobby. I'm not even that much of a coffee drinker, but it's been very cold on most of my recent trips, and I have definitely taken advantage of this in order to warm up, after coming in from the cold.

Now, on to the negatives (there are only three):

Best Westerns unfortunately tend to cater to families, rather than to business travelers. There have been times when it's seemed the entire hotel is overrun with unruly kids behaving badly, which can get annoying fast.

The sleep timer doesn't seem to work on the remote controls in any of the rooms. I've asked the staff about it, but no one seems to know how to make it work. I like to fall asleep with the TV on, and set the timer so it turns itself off. Well, when I'm staying here, I wind up sleeping with the TV on, which usually makes my night a lot less restful.

Finally, the breakfast is absolutely the worst I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of hotel breakfasts. They literally offer nothing whatsoever for a health-conscious guest. My usual breakfast of choice is plain, unsweetened oatmeal, and I'll grab a nonfat yogurt to take with me for a mid-morning snack. Well, this place hardly ever has plain oatmeal, only the packed-with-sugar flavored kind. The only brand of yogurt they offer is the children's brand "Trix", which is loaded with fat and sugar. They have 3 kinds of cereal, all of which are packed with sugar as well, and they don't offer any skim milk to pour on it anyway, only whole milk or 2%. No hard-boiled eggs either. The one time I grabbed an apple to go, it was mushy and inedible. It's literally the only place I've ever stayed where they have absolutely nothing I can eat. I've had to purchase my own breakfasts, which cuts into my per diem. I've complained, but they're obviously not interested in changing anything.

At one point I was so annoyed with the breakfast situation and the bratty kids everywhere that I toyed with the idea of asking my company to book me elsewhere. They must have read my mind because on my last trip, for the first time this year, they had me staying at another, presumably more expensive and more prestigious hotel, which turned out to be a total dump with pretensions of grandeur. I hated every second of my stay there, and it made me appreciate my home away from home, the Best Western Barsana.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ezwriter1
BWPlusBarsana, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Barsana Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Ezwriter1,

Thank you for your comments and concerns. The staff and I are looking into the healthy foods options for our breakfast. I would like to apologize for the kids behaving badly. During March we tend to get many families that are traveling for spring break. There are also many conventions in town that flood the City in March and April. The staff is trained to make sure they inform the Parents in case of loud noise. The staff and I are looking forward to your next visit to OKC.

Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We checked into the hotel close to midnight after a very long day of work, school, driving and then flying from Milwaukee, WI. Our heater in our room was loud and inefficient. Our toilet was backed up the first time we used it and always took at least 3 flushes. The water heat and pressure was awful and there was ugly, nasty looking missing tiles in our bathroom. Breakfast was so poor the first day that we are skipping it this morning and paying for breakfast elsewhere. We told them when we left yesterday about the toilet issue. When we got back in late last night after a very full day of college campus visits, the toilet was running (trickling sound) nonstop which kept me awake most of the night.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
BWPlusBarsana, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Barsana Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear Njveldt,

The staff and I would like to thank you for bringing your issues to our attention. It is our goal to make sure every guest has a pleasurable visit. I have personally talked to all of the Department Heads and we will get every one of your issues addressed. I would like to apologize for the discomfort you had to experience at our location. I assure you, that this will not happen during your next visit. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Justin