“Excellent! Excellent!! Excellent!!!”

TownePlace Suites Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #67 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I don't understand all the negative reviews so far as after staying a night last night, I wish that we could stay longer. This is a brand new and beautiful hotel. We checked in at 2am this morning and the staff (I think Anita) was super sweet and friendly and very accommodating as we were all super tired. After seeing the room we were so excited and wished that we'd arrived earlier to enjoy the room & facilities.

As a very discerning traveller (very used to 5 star hotels and travelled extensively over Asia/Australia) I love this hotel for their modernness, cleanliness and practicality. The room has a full working kitchen (seems brand new) which I would have loved to put to use had we stayed longer as was tired with all the fast & junk food along the trip and missed simple home cooked meals. The beds were super comfortable hence couldn't wake up early enough to have breakfast but my husband said it was very decent.

The stay at this hotel was definitely one of the highlights of our trip so far and we all wanted to stay another night to enjoy other facilities that the hotel has to offer but unfortunately we had to move on. We will all remember our stay here and it's enough to make us want to come back to Oklahoma.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
paul b, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I will share your praise with my team and I hope you be able to visit
us again sometime.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Pros: Employees are nice and courteous. New hotel.
Cons: Stay was marred by lost reservation and lots of moving rooms. Our bedroom lights and kitchen lights have no covers so we have very bright lights in the room! I can attach the pictures if i can.

Booked the room 6 weeks before. The hotel reserved a set of rooms for the Swim Team. Called them at 1130am for an early checkin. Denied. Nonetheless, we tried to check in at 130pm. Still no clean room. Wait and waited. Saw several people and other teammates already checked in. Some more people checked in. Myself and my wife and 3 kids waited until 3pm then they told me that they lost our room. They were giving me a smaller room but we are 5! They offered to move us for free to the other Marriott. We have no choice but we obliged. We checked in at 330 and we were almost late for the swim meet. Next day, we had to check out at noon time so we can move back to Towneplace. Still no room. Waited and waited again. We are already missing the swim events of our kids. Finally checked in at 2pm at a "temporary room" then at 3pm, our room was finally available. That was a total FAIL. For 2 days in OKC, we didnt have time to enjoy the stay but constantly waiting and changing rooms and hotels.

In fairness, the employees were nice and apologetic but not enough to make it even close to acceptable accommodations. Kids were so frustrated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
paul b, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

We appreciate you letting us know about your experience. I can understand you and your childrens frustration. I sincerely apologize for the mix up in your reservation and all the moving around. If your swim team is ever back in town again I would love the oppurtunity to serve you better. Ask for the General Manager and I will make sure everything regarding your stay is in order.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel 7 nights. The maid did not show up two days and one day she only came in and left clean towel and did nothing else.
The maids sit downstairs and even sleep in the tv area. They eat in the morning with the guest and I even had to wait in line behind them. No wonder they don't have time to clean the rooms!
The air in our room was blowing out warm air in a section and we called the front desk and no one even came and looked at it.
The coffee was the worst I have ever had at a hotel. My husband and I could not drink it.
It is a shame of the lack of management this hotel has because it has a nice design and the bedrooms are nice size the shower is large and the living room and kitchen are decent also.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. By no means is this the level of service we intend to provide. I sincerely apologize and I assure you these issues have been addressed with housekeeping. I would also like to let you know that we had some internal programming issues with some of the ac units and that has been corrected throughout the property as well. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the proper Marriott tradition in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Absolutly LOVE this Hotel. I got there around ten pm. When i walked up to the door the two front desk clerks , Royal and Atelia, were laughing and chatting with a guest as if they were old friends. But as soon as i walked in they both greeted me with huge smiles and warm hellos. It was nice to see good guest relations going on. Another awesome team member was the house keeper, Kyla, she was so sweet and she did an amazing job in my room. I was set back at the lack of choices in the breakfast selection, but then it dawned on me that there was a full kitchen in my room so i can see why there isnt a huge breakfast down stairs. I also must give praise where praise is due i was walking from the washer and over heard Royal trying to explain to a guest that they were going to have to relocate him next door, and when the guest became upset and kept interupting and talking over him, Royal was cool as ice. It is good to see level headed employees still exist. I do have one complaint. I spoke with Tomme about the lady who cleaned my room one day and she was stand offish and just kept repeating ok. it made me seem like she didnt want to be there and like i was boring her with my concerns. in my personal Opinion Royal, Atelia, and Kyla all deserve a raise in their salary and higher standing postions. I will be back the next time i am in OKC and I will highly recomend them to coworkers as well as friends and family.

Room Tip: I loved my room, it had a beautiful view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your input. I will make sure to share it with the entire staff and I will be sure to recognize my "Superstars"!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a new TownePlace Suites near the OKC airport. Very nice to stay in a new hotel, however it still needs some work. I had a Platinum upgrade to a 2BR Suite which was nice and spacious for a week's stay. Front desk staff was helpful upon request/s. Housekeeping must be understaffed as my room was left unclean the majority of the time, with just a bed being made and not much else. My room was left completely without service one day and after contacting the front desk, housekeeping did not show up until later than 7pm which was too late. Another con is the Breakfast. It's lacking; everything. Unless you want cold cereal or packaged oatmeal, muffins...there are no options. As a Towneplace Suites (similar to Springhill/Residence) there should be multiple breakfast options etc. for long staying guests over the course of a week. With many choices of Marriott's in the area I'd suggest another for my next stay. Although the hotel is new, it lacks amenities for a week long stay.

Room Tip: There is no good view from the hotel as it overlooks the highway. I'd request a rear facing roo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
paul b, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

I want to thank you for your feedback. We take all comments very seriously and address them immediately. We have made some addtions to our breakfast to allow more options. Thanks again for your input as it allows us to improve. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was going thru alot before I got there but when I seen my room all my issues melted away. Towneplace suites have the best associates in Okc. Royal and Kevon were great I really enjoyed them. But Atelia Castro was awesome. She really loves her job and made sure I was taking care of. After I finish my doctorate degree and open up a hotel know that she will be one of the First I offer a job too. Take care of her Paul!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
paul b, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you so much for the kind review. I am blessed to have a fabulous staff.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Well, being here for 12 days because of work and chose here because of the full fridge and stove. The room is nice and new. Tv kinda small for room but a ton of tv channels. The breakfast is horrible. So bad that I went to a grocery store to have stuff in room instead of eating what they have. Staff has been friendly but have came in to room twice while the do not disturb was on the door. Location is good between meridian and MacArthur. With so many choices nearby, I would stay some where else next time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sphyte

I want to thank you for your feedback. Since your review we have made some changes to our complimentary breakfast. We have added some items to give our guest more more protein choices including hard boiled eggs. Now that we have been open a little longer we have worked out the gliches. I hope you will give us another opportunity when your travel brings you back to Oklahoma City .