“Huge bakery, but lunch ok.”
Review of Ingrid’s Kitchen

Ingrid’s Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 35 Dessert in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: German, European
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Willkommen! For over 35 years, Ingrid's Kitchen has been Oklahoma City's favorite choice for fine German food, as well as European and American specialties. Authentic recipes, old-world charm and hospitality are the hallmarks that distinguish our legendary restaurant, bakery and delicatessen. We feature weekday breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as a weekend buffet and brunch. Try our mouthwatering specialty plates, Reuben sandwiches, weiner schnitzel and much more! Choose from our high quality, affordable beer and wine selections at Ingrid's Bar or as a compliment to the meal. Additionally, we have many proudly displayed meats, cheeses and bakery items to tempt the taste buds. Ingrid's Kitchen also offers a wide variety of custom catering options to suite parties of any size. Don't forget to join us for Saturday live music entertainment by The Silvertops! Whether a long-time regular or first-time visitor, we invite you to visit Ingrid's Kitchen for a truly unforgettable experience!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Huge bakery, but lunch ok.”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Tried this place based on reviews . Was disppointed. Sandwiches were skimpy, and no sides served with them. Huge bakery selection, breads and rolls looked good, but did not try those. Did have the eclair and chocolate cream pie. Fake whipped cream on pie, but chocolate filling good.
Eclair pastry cream tasted eggy and was grainy.

Jason M, Owner at Ingrid’s Kitchen, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Sorry it took a while to get back to you here! I'm really disappointed to hear you thought our sandwiches were skimpy. No one likes a small serving on their sandwich, so I promise to make sure we're really loading those up.

As for the chocolate cream pie and eclair, I know we can do better. Having said that, I promise we didn't use fake whipped cream on the pie. I hope you'll give us a second chance -- maybe to try a fresh-baked roll!

Hope to see you again,

Solon Springs, Wisconsin, United States
“Average”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

If you do not know what German food is supposed to taste like then go there. IF your German or lived in Germany then think about it. They need to teach the bartender how to draw a German beer. You do not run it down the side of the glass. It needs to foam a head. You will get better flavor. A good priced menu

Jason M, Owner at Ingrid’s Kitchen, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Sorry for taking a while to respond, Stephen! Thanks for your feedback -- I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with how the beer was drawn. We really want everyone to enjoy their food and drinks here, so I'll take your feedback into account going forward.

As for the food, I'm surprised you didn't enjoy it! We use recipes Ingrid brought back with her from Germany years ago, so rest assured our dishes are the real deal. I hope you'll stop by to give us a second try.

Kind regards,
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
“Yummy buffet lunch!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My friend and I were visiting from Dallas and wanted to stop by here because I saw it on DDD. We had the opportunity to eat the Sunday brunch buffet. They had lunch and breakfast choices. Everything I tried was very good. The best thing I had though was the brownie I bought to take on the road. It was AWESOME!! :D

Jason M, Owner at Ingrid’s Kitchen, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Sorry for taking a while to get back to you here, Tirzah. Your review really brought a smile to my face! I hope you'll stop in again next time you visit OKC.

'Til then,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Average Diner food with moments”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

A nostalgic favorite, but the food is seriously average and the pastries are either too rich or too pumped up with fake cream substances and too much sugar. Go for it, but mind the salt and keep your dessert selection simple and small or you'll feel just a little over filled.

Visited July 2013
Jason M, Owner at Ingrid’s Kitchen, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Sorry it took some time to get back to you, John! I'm really surprised to read your review, specifically what you say about "fake cream substances" in our desserts. We cook all our own cream fillings and use real heavy cream, milk & cream cheese, non of that fake stuff! We use no preservatives in our food. While I'm first to admit they're rich, I can promise they aren't full of fake anything. I hope next time you stop by, you have a better experience!

'Til then,
New York, NY
“Go here!!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

You absolutely must stop here if you go to OKC, especially if you have any German heritage (but even if you don't!!). The food was exactly like my grandmother made it - but the baked goods were so incredible that anyone with a pulse would love them!! Rich, freshly made, but not too sugary - just the way homemade cookies should taste. We got the baker's dozen (1 or 2 of 7 different cookies), and we both wished we had gotten 2 dozen! Plus there are some incredible beers on tap.

Visited July 2013