“stay at Best Western- OK”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Saddleback Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“stay at Best Western- OK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Excellent staff, room clean, bed were comfortable, restaurant clean and service good. check in and out was easy and quick. Enjoyed our stay very much. Very nice facility. Would recommend to others and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Where should I start....I made reservations online well in advance of my trip and when I arrived after the time to check - in my room wasn't ready. Strike One. I got my room moments after the cleaning woman cleaned it and it smelled like old sex and dirty mop water, Strike Two. I left my room to go to a class and when I returned, the pillows to my premiere bed were on the floor, I did not receive any additional wash clothes (there were only two and for a woman that is the minimum), and my coffee wasn't refilled. Strike 3. If I had been at a Motel 6, I wouldn't expect attention. To detail but that Best Western "Plus" got me. I could have stayed at a Residence Inn for the small eprice and would have felt more comfortable and secure. On the plus side the room did have every amenity advertised: flat screen tv, free internet, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker etc...the best part of the room was the great Internet connection. If you want to stay at a two star hotel with a three star price, this is the place for you.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I didn't realize how big this place was until I arrived. Everyone was nice and helpful. Rooms very clean with flat screen TVs. Breakfast buffet is all you can ask for. I have never seen so much bacon it was hard to stop eating it lol. And it was cooked to perfection. Hot tub worked very well and knocked me out for the evening. The only thing bad I could say was the road noise from my room that was facing I-40. But don't let that stop you from staying here at all.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kurt S
Roland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was at this motel in a group of about 50 for the NCAA D1 wrestling championships this year. Although the buildings are not new, the motel is well maintained and clean, and the staff was very helpful. Our room price included the hot breakfast and it exceeded my expectations with a buffet of scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, and fresh fruits and pastries. The buffet was regularly refilled and servers continually refilled beverages at our table.

An evening buffet was also available. For about $15, guests can expect a salad bar, a potato dish, vegetables, and a couple of meat dishes. They also served from a traditional, albeit limited, menu. Since our group had a limited time between sessions, the option of eating at the motel was very convenient and the food was good.

The rooms were adequately sized, the beds were comfortable, and the hot water was always available with good pressure. We also enjoyed the new flat screen TV.

This motel is just off of I-40 and has numerous fast food and barbecue places nearby, so it appears to be a good stop for families. There is no indoor pool, but the outdoor pool and courtyard looked very inviting for warm weather use.

No stay at the Saddleback Inn would be complete without a trip to the top of their observation tower for a view of the downtown 5 miles to east and the surrounding prairie lands.

Unlike motels in other cities, I didn't think the Saddleback Inn had raised their prices during the wrestling tournament. For this reason alone, I would stay there, if I return to the Oklahoma City area.

I enjoyed our stay at the Saddleback Inn and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Two queen sized bed or one king is available. There is some road noise in rooms near I-40.
Green Features: All the food is served with China plates and cups.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Woking, Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed for 1 night as part of a tour, our room was large clean and comfortable with good wifi. Breakfast was fine and the bacon was excellent! even though the rooms are near the main road the traffic noise was minimal. Helpful staff on check-in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Some trouble getting seminar supplies coordinated and catering. Overall, easy to get to; reasonable price; nothing outstanding. Minimal sound insulation from adjacent meeting rooms. Staff helpful but somewhat slow; breakfast buffet limited and crowded at times.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

CARROLLTON, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great hotle for business or pleasure. Was in town for the National D1 wrestling championships with a large group and we were all impressed. great foot at hotel and great food close. next time i am in town, this is where we are staying!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Jorge H
SaddlebackGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Saddleback Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Jorge,
Thanks for your kind comments. We look forward to your next visit to our city and having you as our guest again!