“Looks nice on the surface”

Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #67 of 152 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 22 November 2013

You can tell that the loby and first floor was recently remodeled and is impressive...but the rest of the hotel is not as impressive. The pillows are very small and very uncomfortable. The walls are paper thin - so thin to where you can actually hear your next door neighbor using the bathroom.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted with a friendly smile and staff ready to serve us. Everything looked very clean and a nice atmosphere out in the lobby and eating area. The lobby area is all in sports color of there favorite teams. Room was clean and quite. Would return if in this area again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ladylumber
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The room was clean, the bed OK. Nothing special but still a clean, comfortable place to spend the night. The staff however was a different matter. There were no luggage carts and the girl said you might look "over there" and pointed. I did finally find one (while she was looking on) it was hard to maneuver (like a bad shopping cart) but she and another worker were just sitting around watching me struggle. I might mention that I am handicapped. We did come back thru OKCity on our trip home and stayed far away from this hotel. We are usually Hilton/Hampton/Comfort Inn customers and now I know why, the Marriott is not, or will ever be, on our list of hotels in which to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport. I want to apologize for the lack of customer service you encountered during your stay. Please be assured that we are working constantly with our staff to ensure that these situations do not occur again. I am glad to hear that the room was clean and wanted to inform you that we will be starting our guest room renovations during quarter one of 2014.

Once again, I am sorry for this inconvenience, and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with excellent service in the future.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stay at Courtyards often and this is a really good one. It is brightly lit and the lobby area is a little larger than most. The rest are nice and the bed comfortable. I found that having the TV on the side of the bed a bit awkward to watch but it is not a big deal. The staff were nice; especially at the Bistro. Location is a little tricky but once you find it you are ok. It does have a Cracker Barrel just across the street but the food in the Bistro is good.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The room was super cozy. I loved the bed. I haven't slept that great in weeks. The staff was also very nice to us. The lady that worked the welcome desk helped us decide where we should go in Oklahoma City. It isn't close to most of the main attractions, but that could be what other people would want! All the places we wanted to go to in Downtown was about a 20 min drive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

For a Marriott hotel, I was disappointed in the staff service. Especially the assistant general manager. She was rude and snoody. Most of the staff didn't acknowledge you or speak to you as you walked by. The hotel seemed to be clean and well kept. But I expected more from the staff. I guess if their boss acted the way she did to guests, then why would the staff act any better... Being a Gold member with Marriott, I'm use to the Marriott way of friendly staff, and this hotel just didn't have it.

• Stayed: June 2013
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Our mission is to "Impress the Guest," and in your case we failed to do that. I have used your comments to impress upon my staff the importance of providing our guests with outstanding service.

Once again, I am are sorry for this inconvenience, and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with excellent service in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

In December 2012, my girlfriend and I were traveling cross country for her to take a job in California. We were picking hotels dependent on where we would stop on the way out and ended up just choosing this one as it was by the highway. We had never been to Oklahoma City and didn't know what to expect. It was cold and miserable and we’re from Buffalo, NY, so that says something.

We got in during the early morning hours and the car in front of us was acting a little shady, so we pulled around him and went in. We checked in ok and went to our room. The halls were dingy and smelled of cigarette smoke. The room was very dated, not too clean, but not disgusting. The bed was cheap and very uncomfortable. In the middle of sleeping our car alarm went off and I jumped out of bed to take a look. I had seen the shady car just before it went off and assumed it was the person trying to break in or it was the horrid wind from the plains that set it off. Either way we left town a couple hours later and it is safe to say we won’t be back to this hotel or Oklahoma City anytime soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport. We want to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with cleanliness and smell of the hallways during your stay. I can assure you that I have addressed this issue with my Engineering and Housekeeping teams, and this matter has been corrected. In regards to the safety of the property I did want to inform you that we do have security on duty seven days a week.