“AVERAGE, not above!”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #53 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stay with Hampton Inn frequently. Their room with breakfast saves us time & money. However, this particular Hampton Inn isn't quite up to normal standards set by the Hilton chain. Location is very convenient to airport and breakfast selection & staff was good as well. My dissappointment is with the hotel room, bathroom & pool. Decor is tired & worn looking, hot water is slow. We waited for up to 10 mins, each time we wanted to use the hot water. Pool sits in the parking lot, so guests arriving and departing get to peer at swimmers/sunbathers. For it's price of $99 on website, I"ve stayed at much nicer Hampton properties. No offer from management to adjust price based on our hot water experience. The hotel is just AVERAGE.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport

Reviewed 25 July 2011

This is an older Hampton Inn. It does need some updating, however, it was what I expected. The morning breakfast could use some improvement as well. I have stayed at many Hampton Inns and this was one of the most uncomfortable beds I have slept in. Just an average hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Our stay was pretty brief, we arrived at 11:00pm, checked out at 5:30am and caught the shuttle to the airport. Everything at the hotel was efficient. The hotel shuttle was prompt both in the morning getting to the airport, and on our return we had parked our car at the hotel and shuttle picked us up within about 10 minutes of calling the front desk. We were pleasantly surprised that breakfast began at 5:30am, so we were able to get a little bit to eat before leaving. Breakfast was fairly typical, and there were two hot dishes, biscuits with gravy which were decent, but the eggs were still being prepared so we didn't have time to sample any of those. Hotel said they charged $3 per day for parking while we were gone on our trip, but it never showed up on our bill.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Guess I've been spoiled by some beautifully renovated Hamptons. This is not one of them. This property really needs a renovation. The room was ok, but small by today's standards. Carpet seemed, um, old.

More problematic: Internet issues. Wifi only in the lobby, though it did work for a time in the room. Cable Internet in room did not work. It is 2011 - no excuse not to have your wifi fired up.

Breakfast: they ran out of coffee. 2 urns of caffeinated coffee were drained at about 8 am. I went to the kitchen to tell the attendant as guests were irritated and she directed me to the kitchen dispenser, saying "you can get some here." she did not appear to be concerned or to move toward addressing the situation. Odd.

This is a very busy, full hotel. I've stayed at the airport Hyatt Place and also found it to be not a stellar property. Maybe it is just airport hotels?

The evening staff at the hotel were very interested in making their guests feel welcome.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I stayed for two nights without any major incidents. The facilities were clean and in good working order. The internet worked great. My only real negative experience was the breakfast service. Both mornings there were items missing and the attendant was not very attentive, spending much of her time texting.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel for 1 night Sept. 25. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff was very accomodating and friendly, especially the lovely woman who restocks and takes care of the breakfast in the morning. She always made sure there was enough food, cleaned the tables and made all guests feel so welcome by taking time to say hello and talk for a little while. The room was huge and immaculate, including the bathroom. The location was the best as my daughter was performing in a show at the "Oklahoma Centennial Rodeo Opry" which was only a few minutes down the road - an excellent show if you are staying on Saturday night and would like to go to a wonderful show of talented musicians, singers etc. The bed was one of the best I've slept in, very comfortable. I have stayed in many hotels because I travel for business. This hotel fillfilled our needs and exceeded our expectations. By the way Oklahoma locals are the BEST!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I went to Oklahoma city for the first time recently (unfortunately for work). The Hampton was not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. 5 nights that averaged about 98/night. I arrived late, almost 1am. The clerk was very underdressed (Nightime managers should still wear more than jeans and a t shirt) but very nice and accomodating. I'm pretty self sufficient so I usually don't go to the front desk for much. But from what I could tell the staff was very nice and attentive.

The room was clean and comfortable. Slightly above average for a Hampton, I felt. The bathroom was very nice however the shower controls took some getting used to.

Ammenities: Breakfast is exactly what you'd expect. Bagels, English Muffins, Cereal and a Waffle Maker. The exercise room had no weights, only a few bikes/elypticals and the pool was small but nice.

There were multiple restaurants and bars within a short drive however I did not get much chance to sample any nightlife (I usually don't anyway). One place I did get to go was the Club Rodeo (about a mile away). Large dance floor with a club feel (didn't care) but they had LIVE RODEO which I'd never seen before. It was pretty cool.

Overall a very nice, quiet stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business