“No internet. Earnest staff is undermined by cheap management.”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #51 of 152 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Airport hotels traditionally serve a high percentage of business travellers. This one cannot. I was told the wireless was bad, but I could use the provided CAT-5 cable. It didn't work. They gave me another cable. I could log in for three minutes before the connection was lost. This happened several times. The front desk person was knowledgeable, and helpful, but management has not made this service a priority, and I am switching hotels this morning. No more Hampton Inns for me.

I am typing this on my cell phone because the connectivity this morning is worse than last night.

• Stayed: November 2011
Julie B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Good afternoon,
I first want to apologize for all the inconveniences that you had while on my property. At that time we were still struggling with outside vendors for our WI-FI installation process to be completed. I now want to assure you that we are up and running with new and improved equipment. Since your stay we have up graded to high speed wireless internet through out our property and have re installed new hard wired cables for all rooms, Placed brand new flat screens in every room, purchased brand new fitness equipment, and added a wonderful manager’s reception every Tuesday. I encourage you to please stop back and visit my property, ask for me personally and I will take care of your stay. Thank you again for your review; it does truly help us in correcting our mistakes. Have a wonderful day.
DOS
Faryn Bobbitt

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Dont let the name fool you like it did me! This is a very dated facility but most important is the strong smell of smokers throughout and in my non-smoking room... No wireless in room and after 30 minutes of trying to get wired service to work.... I just gave up!!! No other rooms here or down the street at 11 pm so i am stuck!

• Stayed: November 2011
Julie B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

I want to deeply apologize for the internet inconvenience. We here at the Hampton are currently undergoing some fabulous changes; currently we are placing in our wireless internet throughout the hotel, just placed in brand new flat screen TV's, and have a wonderful Managers reception. Our staff and management are working very hard together to make this a wonderful Hampton and would love for you to stop back and give us another try! Ask for Faryn Bobbitt and I would be happy to assist you, Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Old hotel with no central air so very humid and muggy in the rooms. No wireless internet. Just really disappointing for a Hampton Inn. Tried calling the place and took me 20 minutes till they answered the phone.

• Stayed: October 2011
Julie B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

I am the new GM at this location and am quite disappointed that your experience at our hotel fell short of expectation for a Hampton. We are undergoing many changes at our location, one of which is the installation of wifi and also an upgrade to new flat screens w/HD in all of our guest rooms. I apologize that you weren't satisfied with your stay, but I encourage you to give us another try the next time your travels bring you to OKC!!

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Clean and open lobby format, rooms larger than usual on first floor, no flat screen TVs yet, overall good experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We get this hotel as a secret
Hotwire deal so we didn't know we were staying there until we paid, as is the process. When we read the reviews we were nervous, we have grown to love the Hampton inn chain for their high room standards, but reviews for this one weren't great.
However on arrival we found the same excellent standard as we had previously experienced at Hampton inns elsewhere! The only thing 'dated' about the hotel was it's exterior, which we really couldn't care less about in an airport hotel (or really any hotel for that matter). It seemed that the rooms and interior had been renovated well, and furnished excellently. All in all a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have stayed here on 2 occassions, both times for business. The location is convenient to the airport and restaurants along Meridian Ave. While the outside of the hotel looks old and run down, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the full breakfast is very good. My biggest complaint would be the A/C unit is very loud so I knew every time it turned on and off. Overall a nice hotel that offered a government rate for a business trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We were pleased with our stay and most especially the friendly and helpful staff. The room was clean and quiet, the airport transportation prompt and convenient, and the breakfast was satisfactory. We would stay there again to facilitate early or late flights.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple