AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfront deskshuttle driverolder hotelrecommend this hoteloklahoma city airportyogurta great place to stayclean roomsking bedhot breakfastfitness centeralyssaprinteraccommodationshousekeepingmeridianmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This property looks like one of the older ones in the Hampton Inn brand. The room is a bit smaller, the bath considerably smaller and the heat/AC unit is a wall mounted affair with controls inside that is noisy when running even on lo. That said, it is still a Hampton, so you can expect a clean comfortable room, desk with lamp, fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, free wifi, breakfast buffet, etc. Located about 15 minutes from downtown, there are still several decent restaurant choices within walking distance and more within a couple miles. A good value if using HIlton Honors points. Hilton has devalued the points so much, there are fewer and fewer properties members can use for reasonable point charges.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
wcbeaber, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us a survey. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look foraward to providing even more comfortable and clean rooms to you in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very comfortable hotel. Bedding is excellent as in all Hampton Hotels. About 3-4 blocks south of I 40 so it was somewhat difficult to find. Could use better signage on the Freeway. Our room was little bit noisy, mostly because of the rudeness of the people above us and to our side.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to send us a survey. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I apologize for the noisy guests.

A TripAdvisor Member
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel has a great staff. the rooms are clean. Housekeeping is always around cleaning something. The breakfast was always fresh and delicious. always opened up right on time or a few minutes early. The front desk was always quick and friendly. I cant remember once walking by without being greeting. It is a little older hotel. However, the staff make it a great place to stay. I will be returning here for an extended business stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to send us a survey. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I love to hear the staff giving great service. I will pass this along to all of my staff at our next employee meeting.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

If it were available, I would have given this hotel a 3.5 instead of a 3. There were some aspects that were good or above average, but others that really detracted from the stay. If you are looking for a comfortable and clean place to stay near the airport, you could do worse, but there are likely better options out there at a similar price-point.

The Good
The hotel is located within 5 minutes of I-40, 10 minutes of the airport, and 15 minutes of downtown (barring heavy traffic). It is located on a road with lots of other hotels and a few restaurants. There is not much to do near the hotel, but they offer free parking, so anyone with a car shouldn't have trouble getting to a more interesting area.

The rooms were clean with comfortable bedding. We got to see two different rooms, and each one had a refrigerator and microwave. Free wifi was available and they even had two computers in the lobby that were available for internet access. I was even able to print my boarding passes without additional fees!

A complimentary breakfast was served each morning including a variety of warm and cold foods. These foods were rotated so that we could have different options each day, which was a welcome surprise. Breakfast options included omelets, french toast sticks, sausages, muffins, bagels, oatmeal, waffles, toast, cereal, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, and juice. The tastiness of some of the items was not the best, but I appreciated the variety.

The Bad
The hotel was rather dated and we encountered a few problems. On our first night, the toilet in our room became stuck in a flush mode. We could not get it unstuck, which meant that we wouldn't be able to use it for the remainder of the night. We contacted the front desk, and the young woman at the counter tried to help us. We could not get fix the toilet, so she offered to move us to a new room. We ended up in a suite, which was an upgrade from our first room, so this turned out well. Still, we lost out on a half hour of sleep as a result of the ordeal.

The new room was larger than the first, but it too had a few problems. The air conditioning unit was extremely noisy. The blower itself would have been able to ignore, but the unit kept going on and off, and each time it started up it would make a loud popping noise. It woke me up several times during the first night of our stay. We eventually figured out that we could just change the settings so that the fan would always be on, and this prevented the popping noise.

Finally, the lighting in the room was not ideal. There were two lights that were not functioning, and one of these was over the desk area. We reported this to the front desk, but the issue was not resolved during our stay.

All in all, the hotel was not too bad. If the price were right, I would consider staying here again. The staff were mostly nice and accommodating, and the comfort level was high (excepting the air conditioner noise).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to send us a survey. I am sorry to hear you had issues with the AC. I am glad we were able to move you to an upgraded room but am sorry you had issues there as well.
I am glad that the remainder of your stay was a good one and we look foraward to providing even more great service to you in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have stayed in this location a few times. This is not my first choice in OKC. The rooms are about average. The A/C unit cycles on and off like a jet engine in your ear. The breakfast is free, so you get what you pay for. All food is offsite cooked by Sysco. When asked why no fresh baked cookies like the other Hampton Inns, the front desk clerk informed me the owner didn't want to spend the money or upstage other hotel nearby. This doesn't make sense. I would think you would want to shine better than your neighbors.

Room Tip: Good luck with room location. No place is better than others.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to send us a survey. Sorry to hear about your issues with the AC unit. As for the cookies and out shining the competition, well, we always want to out shine and provide the best experience possible. Doing away with the cookies was done so at the corporate level. Our corporate offices see these types of surveys and I am sure that they will take it under advisement.