“Good place to stay for a good nights rest”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport
Ranked #14 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Las Vegas, United States
“Good place to stay for a good nights rest”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was here for an extended period of time and the stay was rather nice. The staff was very accomidating, and the happy hour was nice. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean with very good cleaning services. Will be staying here again soon.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

yukon59, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review. We are a great place to stay for guests like you who are here for an extended stay. The two room suite helps give you a little more room and a feeling of 'home'. Glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary evening reception. I hope you also got to partake in our complimentary breakfast buffet/omelets cooked to order too! Next time you have to come to Oklahoma City on business or on please...we'd love to have you back! With kind regards, Debi Neumann, Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and this will be our hotel of choice in Oklahoma City. Great breakfast, clean rooms, convenient to airport and I-40. Rooms are large, comfortable and extremely clean. Breakfast is wonderful! Staff is very helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

yukon59, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
We appreciate the nice review on your recent stay with us. I agree...we do have a great breakfast, clean and spacious rooms, great location, tremendous breakfast and our staff is best in town! I'm happy to hear we are now your 'hotel of choice' when you come to Oklahoma City. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again. Best regards, Debi Neumann, Director of Sales
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I've stayed in this property several times, but this trip was the last. It looks nice enough and the staff is pleasant, but it appears I can have either WiFi or hot water - not both.

Rooms on the east wing get a strong WiFi signal, but twice - two different occasions, two different floors - I have found that the water never gets much past lukewarm. I report it, they promise to call maintenance, but nothing changes. On the south and west wings, I never had a problem with hot water. In those locations, however, the WiFi signal is weak at best and doesn't hold for more than a few minutes at a time. Since I travel for work, which spills into evenings, the weak WiFi isn't an acceptable situation.

Like many older properties, it has a dark appearance (large interior atrium/courtyard). I could tolerate that if the physical plant infrastructure were robust enough to provide hot water in EVERY room and strong WiFi throughout the hotel.

A final nit: housekeeping SOP apparently calls for resetting the thermostat each day to 72 F. Until I taped "PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH" notes to each thermostat, I returned each night to an icebox -- without the ability to warm up in a hot shower (see above).

I'll be looking for a different hotel next time I travel to this city.

Room Tip: If you want stable hot water, try the west or south wings. East wing seems to have strongest WiFi si...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Let me start out by saying thank you for staying with us on more than one occasion; your business is greatly appreciated! I did hate to read about your frustration with issues with HSIA and no hot water. Without knowing exactly what suite(s) you've stayed in; I can't have our Chief Engineer check them for both of those issues. I can tell you we do have isolated instances with the HSIA in certain areas and that is being addressed. As for no hot water...we don't hear that issue too often. When we do, it has been a simple fix in the suite itself. I was surprised to hear you say housekeeping was adjusting your thermostat. They are not supposed to touch it unless the suite is a check out. We will address this with the Executive Housekeeper. We would love for you to stay with us again. Call me direct and I will personally find a suite for you that has great WIFI signal AND hot water. Best regards, Debi Neumann, Director of Sales
Verdigris OK
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is our favorite place to stay in OKC. The complimentary breakfast is by far the best breakfast I've had a any hotel. However, the restaurant service was very poor for dinner, and the food mediocre.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I was thrilled to read we are your favorite place to stay in OKC! What a compliment...thank you! We do have a delicious breakfast...you certainly won't go hungry and as you know it is FREE to all our overnight guests every day of the week! I was saddened to read about the service and the quality of the food in the restaurant for dinner. I have already shared your comments with both the general manager and the food and beverage director. They are already addressing the problem with the kitchen and restaurant staff. I hope you will try the restaurant again the next time you stay. With kind regards, Debi Neumann, Director of Sales
Wichita Falls, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The property was not new, but it was well-maintained. The presence of a security guard was noted positively. We saw him patrolling around the outside of the hotel near the parking lot at 10P when we arrived. Earned points with me before entering! Tried Embassy Suites as a replacement for abandoned Marriott Courtyard (loss of breakfast buffet). Good replacement with omelettes made to order and other hot items (pancakes, etc.) available on buffet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. We are not new, but we did complete a multi million dollar renovation mid 2012. We do take security of our guests seriously and I'm happy to hear you saw them patrolling the outside of the hotel. The OKC Hotel Motel Association also has the OKC Police cruise the parking lots of the hotels along the Meridian corridor on occasion as a precautionary measure. We do have a delicious bountiful breakfast buffet for our hotel guests including cooked to order omelets! Hope to see you again real soon. Best regards, Debi Neumann, Director of Sales
blountsville, United States
Reviewed 11 January 2014

hotel was nice. ws not recognized as diamond. food was terrible. sent steaks back several times and it was never resolved. we finally gave up and went to bed hungry b/c we had an early flight and couldnt wait.........and they kept screwing up the food.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

yukon59, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
First let me say thank you for your patronage. In talking to one of our Guest Service Supervisors; I understand you and your family have frequented our hotel on numerous occasions! I was saddened to read your experience with our restaurant/room service. It was bad enough they didn't get it right the first time, but to read it took several times to get the steaks right is unacceptable. Please accept our apologies. I know you have already visited with one of our Managers. I hope she responded and handled the situation to your satisfaction.
I have gathered the information of what took place that night. It has been given to our General Manager, Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef. They will get with the kitchen staff and address. I am glad to hear your waitperson attemped to make things right. I will certainly let her know you recognized that. Please come back and stay with us again. Call me directly and I'd be happy to make your reservations. Best regards, Debi Neumann, Director of Sales
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Great double bed suite for our family, but the indoor pool did not appear clean. Our girls love swimming, so we chose ES for the indoor pool. The pool chemicals seemed out of balance. The spa looked dirty. The breakfast was a little greasy, but ok overall. Staff was very friendly .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

yukon59, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for selecting to bring your girls here for some relaxation and to enjoy our indoor pool. I apologize the pool/spa weren't up to speed. I know we were extremely business this weekend with lots of families inhouse. I haven't had an opportunity to visit with our Chief Engineer; but I have made a copy of your comments to share with him. Normally we receive rave reviews on our indoor pool. The comments about the breakfast being a little greasy was out of character too. Sounds like we should have staffed better to keep up the pace with so many guests inhouse. Please bring your girls back soon! Best regards, Debi Neumann, Director of Sales