“Roomy..”

Ranked #138 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Brookston
“Roomy..”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Very roomy , staff extremely friendly, Rooms appeared to be recently renovated.. Pool nice, laundry facilities nice.. The suite was very comfortable, separate bedroom and bath. Good location, for being so close to interstate, it is reasonable in quietness... Good value for the money..

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I unfortunately booked a room at this motel by the month to work in the area, me and my husband's employer needed us here to work. I went on hotelbids.com and found a good monthly rate and the pics on the website looked nice. I don't know where they got their pics, but the motel does NOT look like the pictures! I cleaned my room for 3 hours before I moved my stuff in. The motel is infested with roaches, their security is a joke. The cameras in the parking lot are not even real. Dummy cameras!!! I parked my car right below a camera and it was broke into. When I did my police report, the police wanted the motel to burn the footage on a dvd for them to pick up....to my surprise they didn't have any footage at all! The only cameras that work is watching the pool area and the lobby. The parking lots have numerous cameras that deceive you into thinking their is security. There is none. They have a guard 2 nights a week for a couple hours and thats it. Management allows prostitution, drug dealers, and homeless people to rome the property and do nothing!!! MY WHOLE FAMILY, EVEN MY CHILD has been THREATENED numerous times. In the month I've been here, there has been 2 shootings and and a dead prostitute found in the dumpster!!! And yes the rooms are so nasty and disgusting you take a risk of getting hepatitis C staying here!!

Room Tip: Prison would be safer than staying here.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KeniMB
Reviewed 28 November 2011

need off site maintence on site unreliable. the location is perfect for airport access. there are no close grocery stores.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jim c
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 September 2011

This should be a 1 star motel at best but his is a down grade from a 2 star motel 6. Not much I can say that has not already been said. Nothing has been cleaned, washed or updated since 1980. Do not stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jason1051
Reviewed 28 July 2011

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! AVOID THIS SLEAZY SPOT!!! We decided to get a room here when our AC went out at home. We saw a brochure at our Gym that listed a price and the amenities here. 1) When we went to check in, the proprietor told us that the brochure price was no longer good, though the very brochure was sitting right on his counter, and the cost was substantially higher. We should have walked out then, but we knew the wife, as she went to our gym, so we rented a room. 2) Rented a room, stepped in it to turn on the AC since the outside temps was 105 in OKC today, a state record. 3) Left to go eat. 4). Came back - with more time this time - to discover the room was still warm. Also, the only AC unit was in a small room at entry, but the bedroom, behind the room, has no AC and little air flow of cool air. 5) Also, have no remote control for TV. 6) Also, discover a filthy refrigerator and freezer so frozen up, there is virtually zero room in it. 7) Husband returns to front desk to ask for money back because the place is filthy and hot. 8) Did I mention the torn carpet, filthy and deeply stained sofa, stinky toilet, the two fist-sized holes in the bedroom door, and the poorly painted walls? 9) Proprietor refuses to move us to another room, OR to give us our money back. 10) I am beginning a campaign against this hideous, repellant hotel - calling "In Your Corner" program on local TV station for possible help, and reporting this place to both the OK Better Business Bureau., and also to whatever hotel overseer I came find. Am posting a "Do Not Go Here" sign at FAA Academy, where people might look for info on hotels. THIS PLACE IS HIDEOUS! PLEASE - walk - no RUN - away! Note - i am NOT a complainer, but somethings simply cannot be overlooked! I will try to submit some photos tomorrow!

Room Tip: PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT get a room at this filthy
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank lalaOKC
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 September 2010

This is with out a doubt the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. It is filthy, filthy and even more filthy. The blankets on the bed could not have been cleaned in years, the dishes in the cupboards had not been washed, the floors were filthy, there were bugs every where and the towels and sheets were badly stained. Out back behind the motel there was garbage every where along with old gutted out cars and dumpsters over flowing with trash. I'm not sure even the rats would want to stay here. I get sick even thinking of this place. If it had not been for my husbands orientation to a new job and this was the only place close with shuttle service I would have gladly given up the money to leave.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travelerofthehiway
New England
Reviewed 3 September 2008

Filthy. We wouldn't have stayed, but there was no other choice at the time. Old mattresses piled in the walkways. room smelled musty. Carpet was stained.

• Stayed October 2007