“Not the best bet”

and 1 more site!
Magnuson Hotel Oklahoma City South
Ranked #125 of 155 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 14 March 2008

This hotel is why I hate using Priceline. The "2 star" designation is not appropriate for this motel. I should have spent the same $$ on a Motel 6 because at least I know what I'm getting that way. After I got the booking I checked out the review sites and I was worried. I went to the Ramada company official site and felt comforted by the pictures of the property. The Ramada website was pretty deceiving considering the real condition of this hotel. Now I know better and I will believe what I read next time. The room didn't smell, but there were cigarette burns on the chairs. The bathroom smelled slightly of urine and the general condition of the room was very run down - torn and discolored wallpaper, rusty fixtures in the bathroom, things like that. The bed was comfortable, I'll give it that. I was traveling with my pre-school age daughter and felt somewhat vulnerable. Having said all of that, the staff was very friendly and the lobby was nice in comparison to the accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Trooper88

Reviewed 7 November 2007

This is the worst room I have ever stayed at in my life simply because it was NASTY and DIRTY!!! Unfortunately, my parents booked this room before I had a chance to do my research, or else I would have ran as fast as I could from this place. It was also OU vs. A&M weekend so all the better motels/hotels were booked in the area and we had to be close because we were going to the game. THIS PLACE WAS DOWNRIGHT GROSS! Walls and door in the bathroom had gross dried up substances. The carpet was so worn, I did not set foot on the floor and the bed comforters seem like they hadn't been changed in weeks. The walls and decor were old, dated and worn out. I am not kidding you when I tell you this motel has seen better days. I HAVE NO IDEA why some people gave this motel a better review because the room I stayed in was simply unacceptable. Maybe some rooms have been remodeled and updated. I understand as a consumer that this is an inexpensive place to stay and I shouldn't expect much and I really don't, but cleanliness should never be compromised for cheap. It's unhealthy and frankly disturbing.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ploaco
Reviewed 15 July 2007

Got a very good deal on this property from Hotwire.com, the hotel is kept very clean and seems to have been recently updated on the interior, the outside is still a little eh. There are many restaurants nearby and you can even walk to one called Zeke's which has a great bar that stays open until 2 A.M. Crossroads Mall is right behind the hotel so if there is any shopping to do that is one of the better mall's in OKC. I had a king size single bed non smoking, it had a nice couch, refrigerator, microwave, ironing board and coffee maker. This property would be a great choice for someone staying a few days and looking to save some money by eating simple meals in, it is also nice to come back after a hard day and have ice cold Red Stripe in there :). Beware you have to go to the actual liquor store in Oklahoma to get the real stuff, beer in Oklahoma sold in grocery stores etc is only 3% and they are closed on Sunday's same goes for liquor only sold in the liquor stores and closed on Sunday. Other then that I found the TV channel selection good and the property a lot more quiet then I expected at night. Other pluses are the fact that there is laundry, a convenience store, ample parking, and a pool all on site.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
3  Thank LLinkMe
Reviewed 8 October 2006

This hotel served the purpose for an overnight stay on a long highway trip. It is right next to a shopping mall, but food choices are still somewhat limited to chain restaurants. The room was clean, but our non-smoking room smelled of cigarettes and had marks on the sink from burning butts! The furnishings were worn, but servicable. Bed was quite firm, but I still slept OK. Breakfast was pretty much standard hotel free meal fare. I guess for $65/night, it was OK. I certainly would not want to stay there more than one night, though.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2006

I have stayed at many hotels over the years. All other hotels had a set price that was not relevant to me, or they had a clerk that guessed the rate every time I came through the door. This Ramada has a system that changes the rate on the days that there are not many guests. That way you are not paying last Saturday’s rate for Tuesday. I got my room last week for $53.00 (with a AARP discount.) That was for a clean and comfortable room with a full breakfast in the morning!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business