“Almost perfect”

Magnuson Hotel Oklahoma City South
Ranked #126 of 159 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The only really bad thing about this hotel is the location. It would be perfect if it was at I-40 and Meridian. (Yes, I know there is a Ramada on South Meridian. That one is way scuzzier and run down, the manager is a jerk, and the staff are rude and useless). There really isn't too much going on at SE 66th and I-35. But if peace and quiet is what you are looking for this is the place to get it. They are usually not as overbooked as other hotels, which is great. As far as I'm concerned, the less people the better.
WIFI is good but THERE IS NO BUSINESS CENTER. I wish they would take that off of the description. I have stayed here probably 45+ times in the last few months. There is a certain room which I prefer to stay in, staff has been every accommodating to the point of keeping it vacant between my stays. I have not personally experienced any bed bugs, roaches, or a dirty, nasty room. The most likely reason being is that there isn't a high turn-over of people in my particular room.
Yes, the hotel may be old but it possesses its own unique charm. It may look like its in a bad area, but I have not had any problems so far. This is the only 1 star hotel I have ever been at that has no visible tweakers. If there are any here then they are obviously very quiet, well-behaved tweakers because I have never seen them.
Hotel staff informed me that one of the main reasons they charge a $50 deposit is specifically to weed out certain kinds of lowlifes. And they will not hesitate to call police if someone is loitering or acting suspicious. I love it. This hotel actually cares about guest safety and security.
The wiring and plumbing are old and problematic. Good thing I don't care about stuff like that. The trash cans in the rooms are so tiny and this could use improvement. I mean, damn, maybe I want to throw away something big sometime.
This is the best Ramada is the OKC metro area. I have already rated the Ramada Airport North, and without even having to stay there, which I never will, I already know that the Ramada Airport East is a tweaker motel and a very likely place to get robbed or find a meth lab. Or both.
The pet fee is ridiculous: $30 per day per pet. I have three cats which I am having to pay for to get boarded at a kennel.
As for the people who complain about the bar, how about you request a room away from the bar. Ever think of that? There are usually other rooms available. Same goes for people complaining about the smoke odor. Not all rooms stink. I know mine doesn't. I don't smoke so this Non-Smoking room really is non-smoking.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Second Stay, Both times great! Staff was superb, especially a lady named, Susie. All went above and beyond to help us. We were traveling with an 86yo. sister. All the staff made her feel welcome, and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This place was very close to where I needed to be. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised with the room. The room rate was excellent and it was very clean and comfortable. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

1  Thank CODY T
Reviewed 27 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Paid $60 on a Saturday night. Room was alot nicer than expected. This was the first time I had stayed here since I got shipped off to boot camp back in 1989. We stayed here because we went to the Point After Saloon (which is the club inside the motel) to watch a live band (The MLP BAND, Martin Lopez Project) which was outstanding playing classic rock covers from the early 80s. Bathroom was a little outdated, but everything was clean. No complaints, would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple