“Volbeat concert”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

It's weird that as I went to write this review that others thought the Criterion was bad...I guess it's all in expectations. Yes, I am an avid concert goer for years as well ;) We thought it was a great concert venue, our show was all general admission with no seating. We chose to go upstairs and stand in the risers/platforms. We could see the stage pretty well, but also watched the screens. We had quick access to the bar area (friendly, quick service) and the bathrooms (which were large and clean). We'll definitely go back to the Criterion for another show when one of our bands come around.

1  Thank Steverino-OKC

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

These guys are great musicians. Show is augmented by a giant visual projection screen behind band and a light show. New smaller theatre. Our seats were excellent but if you book to either side, the balcony overhang with partially obscure screen.

2  Thank Chasclm
Reviewed 15 March 2017

We enjoyed a great night at the KOP53 Vanguard Property Inspectors MMA Rumble! Everything was set-up nicely, clean/well maintained restrooms and great bar service! We were able to park nearby for only $5

1  Thank Brenda G
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Love this venue. Great show and great concessions and facilities. Restrooms on both floors and nice, no lines. Show was excellent and sounded great. Met Wayne From band after show. Parking outside is not marked real well so don't park across from venue to east. You will get a ticket, we did.

1  Thank Philip S
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 December 2016

I'm an avid concert goer and have been to several thousand live events in my lifetime, from tiny clubs to arenas to stadiums and the Criterion by far is the worst venue I've ever been in. In a word, it's cheap. I'll highlight from start to finish:
Box Office is outside. Oklahoma has moderate weather about 90 days a year. Terrible idea. I'm sure they did not want to give up any space inside so leave the patrons in the cold/heat/rain/wind.
One small entrance- trying to get a couple thousand people in through 6 single doors with ticket takers blocking each one. And because the ticket takers are so close, no way to switch lines to an empty one. Cattle chute basically.
Acoustics are awful, as others have stated.if you are in the balcony you will hear the people around you as much as the performer. Some of the loudest voices are the bartenders!
Chairs are cheap, thin plastic. I only weigh 185 and I was afraid to put my weight on it! These are those chairs you buy at a warehouse for $10 each at most. Horribly uncomfortable (we saw a comedian so sitting most of time) and jammed close together, no cup holders, no place to even put a drink on the floor. You will hold everything you brought the entire time while you squirm in pain.
Upstairs view is partially blocked by railing. They should have invested in plexiglass.Big horizontal rails going across performers face if you are lucky enough to be in the middle rows.
Two large projectors on each side, but the one cameraman kept looking at his phone so you would see the screen jerk every few minutes when he realized he was not following the performer any more. They camera was never zoomed so the performer on screen was smaller than the actual performer. Better off without the camera/screens at all.
Bathrooms did not work. The sinks are the kind where you wave your hand to get the water to come out, but they did not work. In the men's bathroom there was a big discussion about this and one guy got one sink to come on and everyone waited for it.
The SECOND the lights came up the security guy was sweeping us out of the balcony. The perfomer was not even off stage yet.
There appears to have been a little investment in the sound and lights. Lighting on stage was decent and sound was clear. However, I only saw a speaker, so a band might have acoustic issues in a place like this. It's warehouse style, just a big box really.
After the show, we walked 2 blocks to a parking garage because the Criterion has zero parking, even though two large empty lots were roped off behind it.
With so many great venues in OKC and Tulsa, thankfully I will never have to go back and can wait to see my favorite artist at another place.

1  Thank Tulsabobt