“PATHETIC”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Okmulgee
Enid Oklahoma
“PATHETIC”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

This motel is BY FAR the WORST I have ever stayed in. I had made reservations well in advance and had them confirmed, yet when I got there to check in they had it all messed up. The room key they gave me didn't work, when I asked to have a new key they told me that the door would have to be opened by someone from staff. They wanted me to just come get someone and they would open it. When I asked for a different room they said only for more money. The swimming pool had trash in it as well as the water being dark brown. I will NEVER stay in this dump again!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Hardball72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Norman OK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

Not many choices in Okmulgee, and the Best Western was booked. The rooms are in dire need of some freshening up.
Pros:
Clean
Firm beds
Refrigerator/Microwave/Coffee Maker
Pool was clean

Cons:
Service was iffy
Pillows were rather scary (limp, old, etc).
Deadbolt on door didn't work well
Smoke detector was on the dresser (looked like it fell off the wall & hadn't been put back up)
Internet service was iffy
General poor repair in the rooms

For what we paid, it was about what I would expect. The train does go by the hotel but unless you are trying to sleep at 7 pm it won't be a problem. Didn't try the breakfast, so no comment on that.

• Liked — Good location
  • Disliked — General shabbiness
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Ft. Worth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2008

We stayed at this motel for 2 nights over the 4th of July weekend for a Family Reunion. We were told by another family member that this was where they always stayed. I will never ask their suggestion again. The outside of the motel is dirty and in dire need of updates. They were doing some updating in the owner's apartment and there were construction supplies all over the place. We had to justify our need for towels in the evening and the bath tubs in two rooms would not hold water. The rooms had only been surface cleaned at best. I know this is a budget hotel, but the Days Inns I have stayed at before have always been clean and in good repair. My suggestion is to try out the Best Western.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
SW Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2008

I was a little distraught when we pulled into the parking lot because it did not look as clean and neat as other Days Inns where we have stayed. But the staff was very friendly and competent. It is a budget hotel, so I had to ask for an extra towel. The room did have a working mini-frig and microwave which both worked very well.
However, the bathroom needs to be refurbished. It is very old-fashioned looking, and appears dirty even if it isn't. The bed was comfortable, and the train whistles quit blowing about 10:00 PM and did not begin again until 6:30 AM, so they did not interfere with our sleep.
The free breakfast was not excessive, but again, this IS a budget hotel. And the last problem was our alarm clock - it did not work. No matter how many times I set the clock, it always reverted to the flashing "12:00". Thank goodness for alarm clocks on cell phones.
We will try the Best Western when we return to Okmulgee next time.

• Liked — Room was large; microwave, mini-frig
  • Disliked — Appeared dirty; lack of working clock, thin towels.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2007

I stayed here for a week aug 1st through the 7th. I dont know about the reviewer below but this hotel is very nice. It has microwave fridge coffee maker and hair dryer in the rooms. Plus the have breakfest. The rate are high but i was informed by the desk clerk that the have events going on in town or else thier rates are about 60 dollars. The staff was very freindly and i had problem accessing my internet but one of the staff members came down to my room for 10 mins and fixed the problem. Also i love the pool, its very big compared to the other hotels i stayed at. So i would have to disagree with the reviewer below. I think this is a really good place to stay at compared to the other hotels in town.

• Stayed August 2007
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2007

I can't believe the other reviewers actually stayed at the same hotel as I did. This place was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed at in my life, and I have stayed in hundreds. It was incredibly overpriced. I would recommend anyone to just keep driving to Tulsa or Oklahoma City--anyplace but here!

• Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2007

Stopped her on the way home. The hotel is old, but is very clean. The only problem is the train track is a block away (found that out when we went to bed and all night long), and the engineer makes sure everybody is awake with his horn blowing.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okmulgee
BEST WESTERN Okmulgee
BEST WESTERN Okmulgee
#1 of 3 in Okmulgee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Okmulgee
Economy Express Inn
Economy Express Inn
#3 of 5 in Henryetta

Been to Days Inn Okmulgee? Share your experiences!