“Staff should work at Dairy Queen”

TownePlace Suites Tulsa North/Owasso
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Owasso
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Staff should work at Dairy Queen”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Recently stayed at this property, not impressed!
My two biggest concerns:
1. Internet Connection
2. Staff

The median age of the staff seemed to be 17 and didn't seem to care about guests concerns. I stayed on the fourth floor and the internet signal was horrible with a super slow connection. I called to express my concerns and was told it was slow due to a large number of guests accessing their network. I am a frequent business traveler and have traveled all over the US in various hotels and haven't experienced a weak signal strength/slow bandwidth as this one. If I was traveling for business I wouldn't be able to get any work done with their Internet connection. There was no hot water for tea and when I asked for hot water, the front staff asked if I had a coffee maker in my room.

I am a Marriott Gold Member and asked for a complimentary upgrade and the staff told me it would cost me $ for an upgrade, the young staff looked at me as if they have never heard of a complimentary upgrade.

On the plus side, the facility was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the pool and hot tub area were nice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Patrick B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

We were getting some work done on an rv while passing through and needed a larger place to stay for an unknown length of time that was pet friendly. We love what Marriotts have to offer (comfortable rooms, fitness facilities, complimentary breakfast, welcoming attitude) so we chose to stay in their 2 bedroom suite. They placed us on the ground floor which was great for getting our dogs in and out safely. The breakfast had great offerings of hot, cold, juice, coffee, milk, yogurt, breads, donuts, scrambled eggs, breakfast burritos, etc. It was delicious. We did not have housekeeping make up our room due to our pets, but swapped out our wash cloths and hand towels daily with the front desk, which they were extremely happy to accomodate us. Their fitness room was excellent, pool and hot tub were as well. Parking was right outside our room, never heard anyone coming or going even though we wee right next to the outside doors. Our only complaint was the room above us where a little kid getting his exercise running from one room to the next until about 3 a.m. the first couple of nights we were there. We will stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We have family in Owasso and get together twice a year. I will stay here every time. The hotel is clean and the style is current and appealing. The staff is friendly and the rooms are comfortable. This location is close to many restaurants and shopping. We will stay in a Marriott in any city we travel too. This is the third Marriott hotel we were thoroughly impressed with. The price is a good value for what you get. You can feel comfortable booking a room here. If there is a problem they will fix it, but I can't imaine any problems will arise.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for an extra quiet stay.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Coming frm another town u expect to have a nice hotel, but in this case this was truly gross. Check in is at 3, but needed a room sooner then that. I cld to c if this was possible, I was told two were available. So I ask the lady to hold rooms I was only 5 min away. The lady said sure she wld. Got here was told only one room is only available and someone walked in b4 I did aftr arriving less then 5 min. So I was upset and tha assistant manager was rude and sarcastic after I told her what happen. So they told me they had one room on the first floor. So I said ok I will take that room. Got my room it smelled bad when I walked in could figure out why it smelled tha way it did. So unpacked and decided to watch some tv and get a nap in. Before tha nap I notice my ankles started itching really bad. Went on to sleep and woke up decided to have a snak wit peanuts. I started to itch all over again and thought maybe it was what I was eating and my allergies was acting up. I told my daughtr I cldnt stop itching she said why r u eating tha peanuts u maybe allergic to them. I said I eat these all tha time why now. Left for a while came bk ready to go to bed and pulled out tha sofa bed it was a dang doggie bone in it. So the first thing came to me is that tha room had fleas and house keeping did a half job cleaning. I was highly pissed because my daughter was going sleep in that bed and I was not told people with animals stayed in tha rooms on tha first floor. Went to tha desk and told tha lady tha situation and tried to move me to a handicap room with one bed....!!! So I was not told this was tha animals room, got bite by fleas, allergic reaction to whatever animal was in there last, was told I cld hve a handicap rm wit one bed.... uggggh what else cld go wrong. Tha front desk kept telling me they were all out of rooms. I ask do u hve a higher price suite avaible that cld her chrgd tha price I was paying. She said no, but out of tha blue oh we do have on. So my family ended up in a nicer siute that was normal and witout a bad smell upon entry after a long night bk and forth to the front desk..!! I will never come to this hotel again of recommend anyone to... Now I knw when people write reviews they are usually telling tha truth.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank thunderwoman
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Loved the decor and the staff is as good as it gets. If you are coming to owasso this is the place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Travelinman1974
Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The staff we interacted with were very friendly, especially the young man that checked us in. I believe his name is Jared but I am not positive. He changed our room to a quieter location than we originally were booked in, without complaint or acting like it was any trouble at all. The room was very comfortable and had plenty of space. The breakfast was adequate, not something to really brag about but the norm you would expect. I would stay there again if I have reason to be in the area again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor about three doors away from the ice maker and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wemo73703
Gretna, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 March 2012

we had a fantastic stay over st pats weekend, staff was helpful and the food was very good

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Coach H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owasso
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa North/Owasso
Super 8 Owasso Tulsa North Area
Hyatt Regency Tulsa
Hyatt Regency Tulsa
#11 of 108 in Tulsa

Been to TownePlace Suites Tulsa North/Owasso? Share your experiences!