“Great place to stay - quite and clean.”

TownePlace Suites Tulsa North/Owasso
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Owasso
Carrollton, Texas
“Great place to stay - quite and clean.”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I travel to north Tulsa often and usually stay in Owasso at the Hampton Inn, which I think is great, but was sold out the last time I needed a room. This was my first stay, not only at this hotel, but any Towneplace Suites. My opinion of long term stay hotels is that the quality is usually lacking, however that is not the case at this hotel. Its new(er) and very clean. The hotel is located far enough from the highway to avoid the noise, but close enough for easy on/off access. I stayed in room 315 and the living room and bed room were VERY large. The work desk has a mobile extention that I really liked so I could work where I wanted to in the room. Good eating and shopping opportunites close to the hotel. The free breakfast offerings were blah, but over all a great place to stay. I will book here the next time I need a room in this area.

Room Tip: 315 is larger than most rooms, I believe.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boise
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here using her Marriott Rewards Points on the front and back end of a week long trip to Branson, Missouri. This is a relatively new hotel in a newer suburb of Tulsa. The rooms are clean and spacious and designed for long term stays with full kitchenettes. We were very pleased with our stay with the only problem being that when we booked our stay through Marriott's website, this hotel listed as an amenity an airport shuttle. The problem is the airport shuttle only runs certain times of the day and is available only by advanced reservation/notification. Our problem was addressed by the hotel in a satisfactory way, however, by providing a taxi to-and-from the airport. While it's a great location being in close proximity to numerous restaurants and shopping areas, it is about a 15-20 minute drive from the airport. The complimentary breakfast provided is more than adequate with some good choices. We found the front desk staff to be friendly and helpful, i.e. providing a wonderful recommendation for diner at Los Cobos Restaurant which is just around the corner from the hotel. We ate there twice and was very pleased both times. We'd definitely consider staying here again if in the Tulsa area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank durf1
Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My wife and I are building a home which won't be finished for another 4 mos. Lease ran out on our last home, SOooo, we need a place to call "home" for 4 mos. We've picked TownPlace Suites here in Owasso. Special rates for long term stays (fair pricing), free breakfast (could be better but it suffices most days--except for the "fake bacon", yikes! They have real bacon other times. Not sure if this particular day was an experiment with a new vendor or what?).
Anyway, the room is nicely decorated, the walls are sound insulated, our visitors are always welcome (grandkids!). And the staff is always super helpful--kudos to Jamie and Tami. If you're in Owasso, you'll find this place well deserving of your business.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel on business, on the 4th floor. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful, but then I don't demand much! Rooms are all kitchenettes including dishes. If you stay more than a few nights, your room will only be fully cleaned once a week, but "refreshed" twice a week which really is plenty. You can always go to the front desk for supplies or towels if you can't wait a day or so. Beds are comfortable, there is a work table on wheels which is very handy for rolling around the room for a desk/work/eat table. My only complaints: the WiFi is spotty and slow at times and that may be because I was on the 4th floor. Also, I found the loveseat very uncomforable to sit on for any length of time but needed to sit on it to properly view the TV. Overall, enjoyable stay, convenient location next to 169 highway, plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby, 5-6 restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: 1st floor is pet friendly, I would ask for a floor on the 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Recently stayed at this property, not impressed!
My two biggest concerns:
1. Internet Connection
2. Staff

The median age of the staff seemed to be 17 and didn't seem to care about guests concerns. I stayed on the fourth floor and the internet signal was horrible with a super slow connection. I called to express my concerns and was told it was slow due to a large number of guests accessing their network. I am a frequent business traveler and have traveled all over the US in various hotels and haven't experienced a weak signal strength/slow bandwidth as this one. If I was traveling for business I wouldn't be able to get any work done with their Internet connection. There was no hot water for tea and when I asked for hot water, the front staff asked if I had a coffee maker in my room.

I am a Marriott Gold Member and asked for a complimentary upgrade and the staff told me it would cost me $ for an upgrade, the young staff looked at me as if they have never heard of a complimentary upgrade.

On the plus side, the facility was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the pool and hot tub area were nice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Patrick B
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

We were getting some work done on an rv while passing through and needed a larger place to stay for an unknown length of time that was pet friendly. We love what Marriotts have to offer (comfortable rooms, fitness facilities, complimentary breakfast, welcoming attitude) so we chose to stay in their 2 bedroom suite. They placed us on the ground floor which was great for getting our dogs in and out safely. The breakfast had great offerings of hot, cold, juice, coffee, milk, yogurt, breads, donuts, scrambled eggs, breakfast burritos, etc. It was delicious. We did not have housekeeping make up our room due to our pets, but swapped out our wash cloths and hand towels daily with the front desk, which they were extremely happy to accomodate us. Their fitness room was excellent, pool and hot tub were as well. Parking was right outside our room, never heard anyone coming or going even though we wee right next to the outside doors. Our only complaint was the room above us where a little kid getting his exercise running from one room to the next until about 3 a.m. the first couple of nights we were there. We will stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We have family in Owasso and get together twice a year. I will stay here every time. The hotel is clean and the style is current and appealing. The staff is friendly and the rooms are comfortable. This location is close to many restaurants and shopping. We will stay in a Marriott in any city we travel too. This is the third Marriott hotel we were thoroughly impressed with. The price is a good value for what you get. You can feel comfortable booking a room here. If there is a problem they will fix it, but I can't imaine any problems will arise.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for an extra quiet stay.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owasso
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa North/Owasso
Super 8 Owasso Tulsa North Area
Hyatt Regency Tulsa
Hyatt Regency Tulsa
#11 of 108 in Tulsa

Been to TownePlace Suites Tulsa North/Owasso? Share your experiences!