“Peace and Quiet in a Great Location”

TownePlace Suites Tulsa North/Owasso
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Owasso
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I am relocating to Owasso from Southwest Oklahoma and stayed at TownePlace while searching for a home. I was surprised, daily, at the great things about this hotel.

1. Clean, clean, clean. Rooms, bathrooms, pool, hot tub, breakfast area, exercise room were all clean to the nth degree. I used the hot tub several times and it was always clean and just the right temp.

2. Friendliness. Every staff member I came into contact with was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Cool Points for Alycia who faxed an 18 page document for me - long distance - for no charge.

3. Quiet. Only once was I disturbed by other guests (a screaming brat in the hallway). Other than that, the rooms seem well insulated as I never heard so much as a loud tv or a cell phone going off.

4. Free wireless internet. I will say that the wireless can be spotty in the evening when everyone is online, but during the daytime and in the morning, coverage was excellent.

5. Food. Aside from the standard free breakfast, TownePlace has a grocery area with several frozen selections and candy/snacks.

6. LOCATION. I saved the best for last. TownePlace is located right across the road from Smith Farm Marketplace (Target, WalMart, Starbucks, Kohls, Home Depot, Lone Star Steak House, Chili's, Freddy's, and many many other shopping and dining choices).

Room Tip: 4th floor, facing south, provides a nice view of downtown Tulsa on a clear day.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice now. I get the two bedroom suite. Love that when I'm sharing with another friend we have our own room, closet, and air/heat control. Full kitchen comes in handy. I was a little disappointed with the cleanliness. The windows and sills were filthy and the trash didn't always get taken out but we did have clean towels. All in all a good price for the suite.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights using our reward points. We were impressed with the layout of the room. It was well-designed and very user-friendly and had lots of room. The bed was very comfortable. The room was exceptionally clean, but we did find a dead cricket on the floor. The hotel seemed pretty quiet, but we could hear people walk in the room above us. The breakfast buffet was average with some warm food being served, but it was sufficient. There is a CrackerBarrel right there and lots of shopping opportunities and restaurants in this growing town of Owasso. We really enjoyed our weekend trip here. We would definitely stay here again. The front desk staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We make an annual trip to this area. As a Platinum Marriott member I discovered this hotel to redeem points. For Marriott members expect no upgrades or special rates for your loyalty. Unfortunately more of a concern is the customer service. Over the years it has become more evident. Almost as if staff wants you to be grateful you get to stay at hotel. Had some questions about room and staff walked back several times to get answer from manager. Are we buying a car? Too much to have manager come out? Nice hotel but staff concerns seem to be consistent issue on these reviews. Don't like to dish out bad reviews but next year we will find a new hotel.

Room Tip: You will get what they give you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TOak8
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I typically steer clear of TownPlace since most seem outdate but I have to say this was one of the best properties I've been at in a while - and I'm a very frequent traveler.
Room was laid out well. Great work space; comfortable bed & couch (with a tray table); modern bathroom. Plenty of plugs; wired and wireless internet; nice quiet AC. I had a standard studio and the kitchen was huge (even though I didn't need it). Almost full size refrig/large microwave/stove and all the plates, cups and utensils you'd need. Looks like several restaurant choices with 1-2 miles and many big box stores as well. I don't get to this area much but when I do I'll look forward to this hotel. (I read other reviews and did find staff to be young and perhaps new but they seemed pleasant and friendly.)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I travel to north Tulsa often and usually stay in Owasso at the Hampton Inn, which I think is great, but was sold out the last time I needed a room. This was my first stay, not only at this hotel, but any Towneplace Suites. My opinion of long term stay hotels is that the quality is usually lacking, however that is not the case at this hotel. Its new(er) and very clean. The hotel is located far enough from the highway to avoid the noise, but close enough for easy on/off access. I stayed in room 315 and the living room and bed room were VERY large. The work desk has a mobile extention that I really liked so I could work where I wanted to in the room. Good eating and shopping opportunites close to the hotel. The free breakfast offerings were blah, but over all a great place to stay. I will book here the next time I need a room in this area.

Room Tip: 315 is larger than most rooms, I believe.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here using her Marriott Rewards Points on the front and back end of a week long trip to Branson, Missouri. This is a relatively new hotel in a newer suburb of Tulsa. The rooms are clean and spacious and designed for long term stays with full kitchenettes. We were very pleased with our stay with the only problem being that when we booked our stay through Marriott's website, this hotel listed as an amenity an airport shuttle. The problem is the airport shuttle only runs certain times of the day and is available only by advanced reservation/notification. Our problem was addressed by the hotel in a satisfactory way, however, by providing a taxi to-and-from the airport. While it's a great location being in close proximity to numerous restaurants and shopping areas, it is about a 15-20 minute drive from the airport. The complimentary breakfast provided is more than adequate with some good choices. We found the front desk staff to be friendly and helpful, i.e. providing a wonderful recommendation for diner at Los Cobos Restaurant which is just around the corner from the hotel. We ate there twice and was very pleased both times. We'd definitely consider staying here again if in the Tulsa area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple