“TownePlace Owasso”

TownePlace Suites Tulsa North/Owasso
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Owasso
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have stayed here numerous times and it is the only place I would stay in the Owasso area. I mean, why try somewhere else when I KNOW this place is perfect. Very clean, good breakfast, coffee all day, swimming pool/hot tub, exercise area, walking distance to many restaurants. Very friendly staff. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for a work engagement for 3 days.

Front Desk - Very pleasant, fast check in.

Room - Spacious, nicely laid out. Refrigerator didn't work correctly, and freezer didn't freeze anything. So I just went to the hallway and got ice.

HouseKeeping - They did a fine job, everyday I was there.

Exercise Room - Consists of two treadmills and one elliptical. Elliptical was malfunctioning, and one of the treadmills didn't work. There were a few weights. There isn't much in the exercise room, but I would expect for the items in there to be functioning correctly.

Lobby/Breakfast - Breakfast is included. I just ate some of the fruit, but the breakfast looked pretty good. Lobby is nice and open..

A few hiccups in some of the items functioning that could be improved, but overall a quiet hotel, with restaurants nearby, Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason L
Reviewed 22 May 2014

First time at this Marriott property and was very pleased. Housekeeping does and outstanding job in making sure the room is clean and fresh. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was a decent size. It had a walk in closet, ample desk space and kitchenette that I liked. The fitness room was good with 2 treadmills and an crosstrainer machine that was a little noisy. The breakfast area where they served the food was a little cramped but the food tasted good.

Room Tip: You can hear the elevators if you are close by.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was my first time staying at a TownePlace property, so I didn't really know what to expect, but was very pleased with what I found. First off, to those of you who haven't stayed at this particular Marriot line, this is Marriot's extended stay line. Therefore, expect a better living area than you would normally see in a normal hotel with kitchenettes as well. Also, since it is an extended stay, they do not do a full housekeeping regimen every day of your stay. They 'straighten up' each day (take out the trash, ect), and then do a 'full clean' between each visitor or on each 7th day of an extended stay. This is relatively common practice among extended stay lines (or vacation condos).

The unit I stayed in was on the 3rd floor. Check-in was a breeze and the front desk staff was very nice. This property is perpendicular to the highway (and behind a shopping district) so there was no street noise. When I'm in the area again, I wouldn't hesitate staying here.

Room Tip: This property is perpendicular to the highway (and behind a shopping district) so there was no stree...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ray_priddy
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My younger sister was getting married 3 days after Christmas and mom said "No house guests" - can't say that I blamed her... so we opted for something close and familiar to host the 4 of us.
Centrally located in Owasso, this property was close to restaurants, the ever-present Walgreens, a Target, and so on.
Very new and thus, well-maintained, it was bright, quiet, and spacious. Our 1-bedroom suite was plenty of room for our 2 children to play and not feel cramped for space. Plus, the kitchenette allowed us some "home away from home" capability. The customary continental breakfast was fine, although we opted for Cracker Barrel 2x.
My only comment is that the pillows and bed were just okay ~ I was spoiled before in a Hyatt bed, so, maybe not a fair comparison.
Overall, great place, well priced, and friendly service. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Beth L
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I am relocating to Owasso from Southwest Oklahoma and stayed at TownePlace while searching for a home. I was surprised, daily, at the great things about this hotel.

1. Clean, clean, clean. Rooms, bathrooms, pool, hot tub, breakfast area, exercise room were all clean to the nth degree. I used the hot tub several times and it was always clean and just the right temp.

2. Friendliness. Every staff member I came into contact with was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Cool Points for Alycia who faxed an 18 page document for me - long distance - for no charge.

3. Quiet. Only once was I disturbed by other guests (a screaming brat in the hallway). Other than that, the rooms seem well insulated as I never heard so much as a loud tv or a cell phone going off.

4. Free wireless internet. I will say that the wireless can be spotty in the evening when everyone is online, but during the daytime and in the morning, coverage was excellent.

5. Food. Aside from the standard free breakfast, TownePlace has a grocery area with several frozen selections and candy/snacks.

6. LOCATION. I saved the best for last. TownePlace is located right across the road from Smith Farm Marketplace (Target, WalMart, Starbucks, Kohls, Home Depot, Lone Star Steak House, Chili's, Freddy's, and many many other shopping and dining choices).

Room Tip: 4th floor, facing south, provides a nice view of downtown Tulsa on a clear day.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice now. I get the two bedroom suite. Love that when I'm sharing with another friend we have our own room, closet, and air/heat control. Full kitchen comes in handy. I was a little disappointed with the cleanliness. The windows and sills were filthy and the trash didn't always get taken out but we did have clean towels. All in all a good price for the suite.

• Stayed: September 2013