“Fresh quality sushi”

Add it.
Simply Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have eaten here several times and without fail the ingredients have been fresh and of the highest quality. The owner seems to pride himself in quality over speed. This is not the fastest food available, there's even a sign that states "Sushi is not fast food" hanging on the wall.The rolls are unique and reasonable in price. I personally prefer Simply Sushi over the other seemingly more popular sushi
restaurant in town. This hidden gem is worth your trying.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

My wife and I ate there this morning. We ordered hamachi, tuna, and albacore nigiri sushi, then I ordered a roll that was supposed to be made with albacore, hamachi and sprouts, but had to substitute another filling as he was out of sprouts; I chose daikon. My wife ordered a spicy spider roll.

The nigiri was spot on. The freshness cannot be questioned; this was good fish.

The daikon didn't marry well with the fresh fish in my roll. This was my fault for choosing this, although in hindsight, the chef should have steered me away (avacado would have been a wiser choice).

My wife was happy enough with her roll, although she said there was way too much spicy mayo on the roll, as the flavor overpowered everything else in the roll.

My biggest gripe, and it is a sizable complaint, is the general lack of customer service...as in, none. We placed our order, but the chef (who was the only one working it seemed) continued slicing a cucumber on his mandoline. Eventually he made our nigiri. After placing our orders, no attempt at all was made for small talk on his part, and he responded to our requests with very abrupt "okay" or simply " 'kay". Only after we had obviously finished our meal did he initiate a line of conversation, and that was simply to ask if we wanted anything else. And it's not that we expected a running line of dialogue with him, but c'mon guy, interact just a bit with us. Ask us if we're doing okay, or can our drinks be refilled.

Perhaps not everybody is as picky as I am about customer service. But when lunch for two runs well over $50.00 including tip, the niceties from the people who work in a restaurant (or any other business that relies on interacting with a paying customer) cannot be overlooked.

Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

These guys are fun. They make great sushi and I love supporting a small Owasso establishment. I love happy hour and half price sushi on great rolls. They also top off my masago pretty heavily, which I appreciate ;). Thanks guys.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We live in Tulsa and happened to be in Owasso, so went to Simply Sushi thinking it was with the Simply Sushi chain in Salt Lake City, UT. It is not!! However, we were pleasantly surprised at this small, family run place. It is in a strip mall, but don't let that turn you off! The service was slow...painfully slow. The "two for" deals are the way to go, as the prices are on the high side for such a small place. We also ordered shrimp chips ( which we had to pay for; we get them free at Fuji Sushi in Tulsa) and they were warm, but greasy. Sushi was good, average compared to other sushi places we eat at, but for Owasso I guess it is okay. Dessert sushi was good! Except for the service, it was okay...but, just okay!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

If you live in Owasso and love sushi, you have to try this place! They were very accomodating to me since I was dining alone by allowing me to order half and half of their spicy rolls. I really wanted to try several. The rolls were quicly made and were top notch in flavor! My favorite was the Sabi which was panko crusted prawn, red onion, jalapeno and wasabi mayo. Heavenly! I could eat this every day! I was also pleasantly surprised that thet served beer, wine and saki - since saki is the perfect drink for sushi. I could go on and on about the selection and quality but I just have to say Go There! You will love it!