“Excellent hotel”

Candlewood Suites Owasso
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Owasso
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and found it to be an excellent choice. The room was clean, the staff was pleasant and there was plenty of hot water. I will return to this hotel whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm glad that you had a great stay, and we look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I was rather disappointed in this hotel. I expected much better due to this being a newer hotel. The first room that we were given had a faint odor of urine. When we removed the sofa cushions from the pullout sleeper, it was coated with dog hair. The mattress had a large stain where you would put your head. We contacted the manager and were relocated to a second room. In the second room, the sleeper sofa frame was broken, and again the mattress was stained. When I called management their response was, "What do you want to do? Take the mattress from there back to the other room? That's the only other choice." I'm not sure why a hotel would not protect their assets with a simple inexpensive mattress pad.

Also, each time I left the hotel, there was a rock lodged in the entry door (not the main entrance). I kicked it out twice and informed management. They were aware that it was happening "but had not been able to catch anyone"...nor did they check it and clear it in the evening. The manager said she knew some of the longer stay residents and would talk to them about it. Totally unsatisfactory response, the safety and security of the hotel guests should be first and foremost.

I will not stay in this property again (and I am a resident staying during home repairs) and I definitely will not ever recommend it to anyone who visits.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim P
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We use every opportunity to improve our hotel and our service levels, and this is perfect for helping coach our team.

We do have several new staff members in our housekeeping department, and this is great timely feedback for demonstrating the impact our attention to detail has on our guests and what long-term effects our performance can have. We are actively trying to determine which guest(s) may be propping the door open and have been speaking with our extended stay residents to find out who is responsible and correct the behavior. We do value the safety of our guests and our hotel, and know that you trust us to take care of you while you're staying with us.

Thank you again for your comments, and I hope that you'll give us an opportunity to take care of you in the future!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This was my first visit to a Candlewood Suite Hotel. I was very impressed. The staff is courteous, the beds are good, the kitchen is complete, even with a dishwasher in the kitchen. I just wish that I could have stayed longer. I highly recommend this hotel or short or extended stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thanks so much for your feedback! I see you contribute a lot of reviews, so I really appreciate the positive marks for our hotel! With all of the in-room amenities as well as our free laundry facilities and 24 hour accessibility to all of the public areas, we really are the perfect "home away from home." Thanks again, and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Stayed for over 2 months. Great property. Quiet. Very clean. Staff was super nice and went out of the way to help and offer assistance. Megan Quesada went out of her way to assist me when I had to go to hospital ER.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you so much for your positive comments and rating! We really appreciate your stay and the great feedback! I'm really glad Maegan was able to assist you during your visit, and I'm happy that we helped make you feel at home!

Reviewed 13 February 2013

I have stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Owasso for an extended period of time and the hotel is nice and clean and well maintained.The staff is very friendly and helpful at all times and I find Krissy is always ready to help and always with a smile and great attitude.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your great comments! Krissy is one of our best associates, and we're happy to have her on our team! Thanks again for staying with us for your work travel, we look forward to continuing to host you and your other team members!

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I am a frequent visitor to the Candlewood Suites in Owasso. the hotel is clean and well managed. The staff is very respectful and treats their guests with respect, espicially Megan, she is ready to help at a moments notice. Thank you Candlewood Suites and Megan for your hospitality.

The only reason for a rating of 4 is that they do not have a swimming pool or outside lounge area.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. The air-conditioning in the rooms work very well. The kitchenette have all the n...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate your stay and your kind comments! I'm also glad to hear that you liked Maegan, she is one of our most cheerful team members! Please let us know when you'll be in the area again, we would love to host you!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was in Tulsa for business, and stayed for several weeks at the Owasso Candlewood suites. The service was excellent, and Maegan Quesada at the front desk was most professional and helpful during my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving a positive comment about our team member! Our staff makes a huge difference in our guest experience versus other hotels. Thanks again, and we look forward to hosting you in the future!