“Nice Large Room”

Candlewood Suites Owasso
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Owasso
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We enjoyed our 1 night stay at the Candlewood Suites in Owasso, OK, the room was large & comfortable with fridge, microwave, table & chairs. The bed was large & comfortable & the room neat & clean. There is no breakfast though which was dissapointing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you so much for your FOUR STAR Rating! We really appreciate your choice in hotels and your feedback! Yes, the hotel does not offer a lobby breakfast because every room has a full kitchen including stovetop and cookware in the rooms. We also offer many breakfast items (sausage biscuits, fruit, muffins, cereal) in our Cupboard a la carte in the lobby area. And many of our guests love the breakfast options right nearby such as Chick-Fil-A, Cracker Barrel, IHOP and Panera Bread.

Thanks again for the feedback, I'm really glad that you had a clean, comfortable and good stay with us!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had no plans for a hotel tonight. We thought we would follow signs and not have to plan ahead. However, after looking at a few places, we were certain we had no knowledge of the neighborhoods in Tulsa. I have had such good luck with Hotwire in the past, I went to the site, and found a choice in the North area where we were heading. I know when you book on Hotwire that you cannot request a room type. But I totally misunderstood the fact that if you search and book specifically for 4 people---which I changed in two different places--it really doesn't mean you get a room with beds for all four of those people. We checked in @ 8pm and immediately left for dinner. When we came back, unloaded and got to our room, there was 1 bed. In order to change the room we had to pay an extra $15. The manager tried to explain that it would be negotiable if not booked on Hotwire, but there was nothing she could do except charge another $15. The room is nice, but we have stayed in several Hiltons for the same price that far outdo this one. There is no breakfast included, the a/c whines & is either freezing or stifling, the refrigerator is so noisy that we unplugged it, we can hear the people walking above us, there is no swimming pool or restaurant.There is a nice looking workout room, and a very clean, small kitchenette-- but I gave up cooking & working out in motels a long time ago. The bathroom is small, but very clean. The original DEAL $64 sounded great..then comes the tax & fees...$14.91... then comes the xtra $15. That's $93.91--Hardly worth the price---Hotwire or not.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us this week! We really appreciate your business, and I am so sorry that you had an issue with your room type. Unfortunately when you book with online "hidden" bookings it only guarantees our standard room which is one queen bed; we are happy to upgrade to a double room with two full beds, but there is an additional charge.

I'm really happy that the room was clean and comfortable, but I am truly sorry that we had a misunderstanding about the room type availability. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We recently booked into this hotel at the last minute (our original plans to stay with family fell through). As it was a holiday weekend, rooms were hard to find, and my online search turned up only a few remaining places, including a 3rd floor suite at the Candlewood. The price was reasonable so we decided to try it. Very good experience, would stay here again. Clean, roomy and well-equipped. My spouse's only complaint was that the tv's were a little old, could use an upgrade, and the reception was fuzzy on the one in the bedroom. No breakfast, but the suite has a complete kitchen, so if you are staying longer than one night, there is a full size kitchen; stove, fridge, microwave. Stock up!

Room Tip: 3rd floor suite is roomy, two closets, and full kitchen, living room with TV, bedroom with queen bed...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you so much for your FIVE STAR RATING Cassi! We really appreciate your choice in hotels, and I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thanks so much for staying in Owasso, and we hope to host you again in the future!

Thanks again,
Katie Bleeker - General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is a very nice property, well located but quiet. We have two dogs and I felt the pet fee was unreasonable. I have stayed where pets were free and in others where pet fees were manageable. Because of this excessive fee, I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you so much for your FOUR STAR rating and that you liked our location and quiet atmosphere! We believe that pets are part of the family, which is why we allow all pets of any breed, size or species to stay with us. Because of this flexibility, we do have some strict policies regarding pet fees to account for any additional cleaning to prep the room for the next non-pet guest. However, we are happy to negotiate with pet owners on an individual basis where we can take into account the size of your pet, the length of your stay, and whether you will be returning to our hotel in the future with your pet. I hope that you will try us again in the future, and please call myself or the Front Office Manager to make arrangements for a special pet rate during your stay.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is the second time my wife and I and black lab have stayed here. I feel the $50 that is not refundable should be if the pet dose no damage. They say they need that to have the carpet cleaned. We all know that have pets that this is a rip off, because they don't clean the carpets after you leave. I stay in other hotels and some don't even charge and the ones that do, is $10. I will probably stay here again because Owasso has very few hotels that except pets. We have family here, we would stay with them, but they live in apartment.

Room Tip: Don't have any tips.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark A
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us! We really appreciate your choice and are happy to host you several times now! We are one of the very few pet friendly hotels, so we are happy to accommodate our guests with almost all types of animals including dogs, cats, birds and so on. We try to create a "pet welcome" atmosphere by working with our guests to meet their specific needs such as first floor requests, near an exit, or working with a specific cleaning schedule to accommodate their furry family members.

At our hotel, the pet fees are negotiable based on size of pet, number of pets, and length of stay. If you are going to be returning again in the future I recommend that you discuss this with the front desk or the Front Office Manager and we would be happy to make an arrangement with you since you are a repeat customer!

Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I agree with another reviewer that there are a lot of Craftsmen and Pickups staying at the property. No groups of guys loitering with a 6 pack though. The first night I was on the 3rd floor. Room was perfect, plenty of towels, DVD player, HBO, Full size fridge, Microwave, Stove top, dishes, plates, pots and pans. It was a 2 room suite. My only observations-TV in the living area was a little small so I moved the TV cabinet closer. Also in the bathroom I would have preferred a plastic disposable cup instead of the Glass One-Picky huh! A plus was the full size shampoo.
I checked out and checked in the next day. Breakfast is not Included. I got a first floor room. It was not clean-something nasty on the night table. Also the recliner was threadbare. Also the remote was missing. It took several trips to the front desk to get a replacement-no batteries in that one. Another replacement was not compatible. Hotel should have compatible remotes on hand. They then gave me a handicap suite which was nice but again the recliner was threadbare. Remote worked though! The staff is great here and I liked the erase board with local attractions and local weather. Stay Here! But stick to the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you so much for your FIVE STAR RATING! I'm really pleased that you stayed with us multiple nights! However, I am so sorry that the two stays were not equally perfect. I will definitely share your comments with our team for review and coaching. And I am happy to share that we are renovating our furniture this summer with new recliners and chairs for the rooms!

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We booked this last minute and it ended up being a great price. The room was clean and neat. There were plenty of towels and the kitchen was well done. Plenty of room to move around and the bathroom was spacious.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
CWOwasso, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm happy that you chose us from TripAdvisor, and glad that you had a great experience! We love our full kitchens so you can make yourself at home!

Thanks again, and I hope to host you in the future!

Your Candlewood Family