“real extended stay”

Candlewood Suites Owasso
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Owasso
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 February 2011

This is night #23 in this hotel. We're in a suite with a seperate bedroom. All of the basic necessities of an extended stay facility. Every restaurant chain known to man within walking distance. WalMart within walking distance. While here 21 inches of snow fell and temperatures were below zero several nights in a row. Another 4 inches falls 3 days later. The hotel had 3-4 guys with a snowplow and shovels working for 3 days trying to keep the parking lot clear. Decent gym setup. Small "convenience store" on site. I'm pretty sure the first apartment we had after getting married was smaller than this suite.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
CWOwasso, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2011

Thank you so much for your wonderful response. We do value you and we appreciate your business. You were not just a "guest" you are a part of our family here at Candlewood Suites. I hope you were more than completely satisfied with everything, we will stop at nothing to ensure this.

We will see you next time!

Reviewed 2 January 2011

My family stayed here one night while attending a conference in the Tulsa area and it was great! Very clean, nice up to date room, comfortable beds. We didn't try out the pool so I can't speak to that (if it even had one... can't remember now.) We also got this room through Hotwire so I'm not sure how much it usually costs but we got a great deal! I had tried Hotwire before and got burned but this time it was perfect! I would definitly recommend this hotel to anyone! The location was great - lots of restaurants and shopping close by, plus the Tulsa zoo was very close too and just a few minutes to everything else in Tulsa.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
CandlewoodOwasso, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2011

Thank you for this response! We enjoyed having you here! I am glad your family enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you next time!

Reviewed 1 December 2009

Great rooms, spacious,clean and everything you need to rest or work

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
CandlewoodOwasso, Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2009

THANK YOU for your positive comments! We appreciate all of the positive feedback, and look forward to hosting all of you again in the future!

Reviewed 25 November 2008

The heat in my house shut off suddenly, and I needed a room to stay in for the night--it was REALLY cold that night... Since I was visiting a client in Owasso the next day, I decided to stay in Owasso and save the drive in the morning. My client suggested I check out this hotel; she said that the other hotels in town were old and they'd had bad experiences, so I should try this newer hotel they hadn't tried before.

I don't know about the other places in town, but this hotel was nice and quiet. I got there just as their reception was wrapping up, so I was able to grab a bite to eat and a beer after checking in. Apparently they have free movies to check out, so I took a movie and a beer back to my room. There's free wireless, so I was able to work on my laptop in bed and chill out. The hotel was *really* quiet--I actually didn't hear anyone at all. The bed was comfortable, everything was pretty clean, and the girl at the front desk was nice.

They didn't have a breakfast, but I usually don't eat more than a bowl of cereal anyway. They had free coffee at the front desk, so I grabbed some of that and picked up some breakfast at Chick-FIl-A next door...

It was a nice place--I would stay there again, especially if what my client said about the other places are true!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Andalusia119
CandlewoodOwasso, Manager at Candlewood Suites Owasso, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2009

Thank you so much for your positive comments about our hotel!

We truly enjoy hosting the weekly Manager's Reception on-property, and love to partner with our local restaurants to provide free food and a friendly atmosphere to relax in the evenings.

I'm glad you chose to check out our property, and I hope that you will continue to "pass on the good news" just as your client did!

Reviewed 18 May 2008

The hotel itself is fine -- clean rooms, new, and a good check in experience. I was there for a weekend, staying most of the time with family nearby. We awoke after the first night to find 2 of our brand new tires were vandalized with the air out of them. A hotel employee was going around to all the similarly affected cars in the lot (many of them) filling the tires with an unknown quantity of air. There was NO notification to guests as to to the situation; we happened to stumble on it in the lot. While helpful, he had no clue as to how much air to provide. I finally raised the general manager that afternoon who was absolutely a ZERO in guest relations -- " well, we didn't do it...." He took no accountability for the security of the premises and would not do anything to compensate guests for the danger of under or over inflated tires when we had a long trip ahead of us the next day. I gave him multiple opportunities to make this right (e.g. pay for an alternate hotel, pick up the bill for a tire company next door to check things out), but he clearly didn't care other than "take it up with Corporate on Monday". It's a shame that the whole thing happened, but he certainly made it worse by his attitude. I stay 85 to 90 nights in hotels per year, and unfortunately cannot recommend this property. I think they need to understand that the leadership team reflects on the property as a whole. I would have rated this a "terrible" save for the courteous desk staff who obviously went to the guest relations class.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank cjo1

Thank you for your positive comments about our rooms and property!

This particular weekend had a couple of businesses in Owasso hit by this non-violent prank. The management did alert the police, who came and took a report of the incident.

Our Lead Mechanic rented an air compressor and spent the entire morning checking each individual car in the parking lot, matching the recommended air volumes as specified on the different tires. While the current management did not offer to purchase a professional tire check, they did do their best to return each vehicle's tires to their recommended volumes so that guests could travel safely.

Thank you for your review, and we appreciate your comments!