“Choose another place”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Pauls Valley
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Choose another place”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Money was right. but room was bad. spots on carpet and bathtub looked to never have been clean. beds are very out dated and hard. the pillows flat. will not be back.i have pics and will post.oh and the airconditoner made noise all night. do not know if they offered breakfast or not was not told if they did. and left too early to find out. happy days rest. has a good breakfast though.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stopped in after a long day driving, and found the price to be reasonable at $50. Unfortunately, the rooms were very dated, run down, and not the cleanest. Rooms smelled fresh, and the bed and linens appeared to be reasonably clean. if just staying for a place to sleep, the price was right on. Other hotels in the area were over $100. a nite.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
somwhere in the southwest
Reviewed 6 March 2014

due to NASTY weather out, my room was paid for by an acquaintance BEFORE i arrived.(near zero, snow, etc, etc, etc).when I walked in and identified myself, i was told (and I quote) "oh. mr (name redacted) stopped by an hour ago, we have no rooms (there were NO cars in the lot).NONE.there is NO way they could have had advance reservations, either, as they don't participate in any third party websites.So.what this tells me.Is: my colleague (who went about his business after payment, and was out in the countryside by that point, had his money stolen by these people).I left him a note at his business nearby, and hope he can recover his funds, but I'm, not holding my breath.I mentioned the dishonesty at the nearby truckstop, and not ONE person who was familiar with the area was surprised to hear tell of this owners dishonesty.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My family and I were travelling through for the Holiday. We stayed here after an exhausting day of many hours of travel with two kids and me being pregnant. I was so disgusted with the room that I was scared to sleep in the bed, use the restroom, take a shower, even brush my teeth. I would have felt more comfortable sleeping in the car. As soon as the sun came up the next morning, we were out the door. The bathroom needed some serious deep cleaning (even light cleaning would have been appreciated), the water had a terrible stench to it. So bad that I was unable to wash my face or brush my teeth. The door had a serious gap in it to the outside. The whole place was just filthy. I wouldn't have paid 10 dollars to stay here, let alone the 80 it actually cost.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tina S
panhandle, texas
Reviewed 21 November 2012 via mobile

Price was right
Pet friendly
Internet sketchy
Cleanliness -- room was nice. Bathroom could have better. Shower was made for short people
The happy days cafe west of the hotel did give you a 10% discount when you stated that
You were staying there. It's close too interstate 35 and close to wal mart.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank fanofthewest
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 December 2011

My husband and I were traveling through on business. We were exhausted and decided to stay at the American Inn in Pauls Valley. It is a family run motel of Indian decent. I left my watch there and called the hotel as soon as I noticed it not being on my arm. The lady answered the phone and immediately stated to me that they did not find any watch. She also told me that they did not need to keep my things. She was really defensive. I asked her had the room been cleaned and she said no. WELL HOW IS THE WORLD DID SHE KNOW IT WOULD NOT BE THERE?????? I offered $500 for the return of my watch. She told me to call back on Christmas day, I did, she was very hostile and would not allow me to speak to anyone else. I am in Houston, I wish that I were there right now. I just know that I would never ever stay at a Inn or Motel such as the American Inn. I will stay at a major chain atleast they are atleast 93% honest and will keep the items lost for 90 days. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business