“Wonderful hole in the wall diner!”
Review of Mimi's Restaurant

Mimi's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Pauls Valley
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Found this little gem while visiting back in 2009. Its a typical country diner where everything is made fresh and is NOT greasy! The staff is wonderful and really friendly. Only downside is they take cash only as of right now, but well worth it!

1  Thank Big15Mac
There are newer reviews for Mimi's Restaurant

Reviewed 17 August 2011

My wife and I were passing thru the Paul's Valley area and decided to find a real place to eat lunch instead of stopping in one of the corporate clones on the interstate. What we found was well worth the small effort it took to drive into town. The large sign outside beckoned us to come in and we found exactly what we wanted...an excellent example of a small town restaurant. We were greeted warmly and handed a menu that was heavy on breakfast items but had three specials for lunch. We both ordered the chicked fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. When we were indecisive about the other 2 sides, our waitress mentioned two or three others that were not on the menu but they would fix for us if we liked. I don't remember the other sides my wife ordered but I had homemade cole slaw and fresh peaches. One thing we both appreciated was the portion sizes which were just right. The steaks were just big enough to sate our appetities, not so big that we had to either stuff ourselves or leave half. This left enough room for desert...blackberry cheesecake for me and fresh pecan pie for my wife. Throw in a Diet Pepsi for each of us and the entire tab came to $20.17. Overall good food, great service in a relaxed atmosphere for an outstanding price. We both highly recommend this place and will stop in the next time we are in the area.

1  Thank ikiser