“Excellent”

Punkin's Catfish Bar-B-Que & Catfish
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Pauls Valley
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very friendly staff, great service, good prices and food tasted GREAT!
Went during busy part of the early evening- but was welcomed in immediately with very friendly staff.
My friends were also very much impressed and there was so much food on our plates- had take home back for the hotel!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stopped in to this restaurant traveling from OKC back to Dallas yesterday. We found this restaurant through Trip Advisor and were looking for a non-chain type of place to eat, so this sounded good. The parking lot told us we were in the right place--lots of cars. Once inside, we knew we picked a good place as there were many local people dining. We looked over the menu and my husband decided, on the advice of our waitress, to order the catfish. I chose the 3-meat barbecue platter so I could get a sampling of various items. I originally decided on the ham for one of my selections, but they were already out of it. So I got the ribs instead. There was so much food on our plates, we knew we couldn't eat it all. No problem there, we packed it up and took it home. The brisket was fork tender and the ribs were very good and tender. I sampled the catfish and it was really good--not overly breaded and lightly crunchy. The french fries are hand cut--just like you would get at home. Sometimes there are small things that can be done to make you take note. Our waitress got us more ice for our tea without being asked and also offered us a cup for the road when we finished eating! The only problem you might have here is arriving too late, since they do run out of the most popular items...
We will definitely stop here again!

1  Thank pameladerice
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We stop in quite often on our way to the lake. The catfish is always fresh tasting and never tough. Definitely worth stoppinh for!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

They make real catfish not that rubber fish many restaurants have switched to. Good food. Good prices. Attentive service. Real clean and meat eatery. One of our favorite stops.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Based on other reviews & word of mouth we went to Punkin's. I was told the chicken fried steak was pretty good so ordered that with a shared orders of hushpuppies & fried green tomatoes (tasty & spicy but not too much). My friends had fried cat fried (crisp light batter) & BBQ (dry version no sauce). The potato salad with a dill pickle base was great. My steak was unfortunately just ok & I had a bit of heart burn after.

2  Thank Mono20013