“2 Great people and Great room!!!!”

Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pocola
Oklahoma City
“2 Great people and Great room!!!!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Had a wonderful stay. Andrea who was most helpful in checking me in & getting Terry to unload a ton of stuff from my car. 2 of the most helpful peope ever, would love to have them next time. Pillows were GREAT.

Room Tip: View from 6th floor looking North was nice would like the same room next time. Again thanks to 2 mo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Meta G,

Thank you so much for your great review. I love the pillows too; I wish I could have eight on my bed. We strive to provide 5-star quality service to each and every guest; so I am pleased to hear Andrea and Terry gave you just that. Thank you so much for staying with us. I hope you have a great week. We welcome you back anytime and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Magen B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Mulberry, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Well I once again stayed at Choctaw casino hotel .this time for 3 nights.it was great the staff at hotel are so nice conner,justice and debra got me in and checked on me often and when I checked out andrea took care of me such a sweet girl.the manager cari does such a great job.the host Vickie and travis helped me in anything I needed.ate at trophys and gilleys oh so good food.and walter made sure we had a great superbowl get together.until next time thanks to all

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Perry W,

I am so happy you choose to stay for 3 nights and enjoyed the Superbowl with us. Thank you so much for your fabulous review of our Hotel and Casino. We are always so happy to hear when our guests enjoy their time with us. Thank you so much for recognizing Justice, Connor, Debra, Andrea, Cari, Travis, Vickie, and Walter; we think they are awesome as well. I appreciate you taking the time to give them a pat on the back. Thank you so much for sharing your experince. I can not wait to share your review with our entire Choctaw Team. We are looking forward to your next visit. Have a great week.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed here recently with my mom. The hotel is a little pricey on the weekend but we found the room very clean and comfortable. The room was relatively soundproof so we did not hear the surrounding guests even though the hotel was full. The staff was super nice upon check in and started our experience off right. We did not find the casino overly smokey and the restaurants had large portions for very reasonable prices..even the drinks were cheap. I would definitely come again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Abby W,

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am so happy to hear you and your mom enjoyed your time staying and playing with us. We strive to provide 5-star quality service; I am so pleased that is what you and your mom received on your visit. Thank you so much for your review. I hope you and your mom decide to come back soon. we welcome you back anytime. Have a great weekend.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed overnight at the Choctaw Hotel and Casino Pocola. The 7th floor king room was exceptionally clean, well appointed with a comfortable bed, and we had very quiet night's sleep. The food choices lack a bit, with only Gilley's (closed Wednesday), an over-the-counter coffee shop bar, and the Grill Restaurant, where the food is average and the service good. The casino is well kept, not very "smoky" and the slots selection good with decent payback - won some lose some. Overall an enjoyable overnight stay, with no complaints.

2 Thank theramseys59
Theramseys59,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I love the beds so much; I wish I had one at my house! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your great comments baout the casino. We look forward to your next stay with us. I hope you have a great week. We welcome you back anytime.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I want to start by saying Justice as the front desk was a nice person and very helpful. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The odd inward swinging door in the bathroom created issues and should of been hung on the outward door jam. The casino and bathrooms were very clean and the workers were very kind. That was the good.

Now the bad. There is significant confusion among the staff to how the rewards hold on your card can be used. Answers such as "I think" or "Maybe" is unacceptable. The sauce in Gilleys on the BBQ has a ton of cayan pepper in it so be careful. The biggest problem was that there is no consistency between the center bar and the two restaurants. The advertised drink specials are only in the restaurants. The digital screens with these ads do not say that AND the special drinks were not even available at the center bar??? Align your drink specials across all venues and make sure your staff can answer questions about the issued card with 100% confidence.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Mike P,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel and Casino. We think justice is great; I want to thank you for taking the time to recognize him and give him a pat on the back. As our valued guest we appreciate your honest feedback and suggestions. I want to thank you for bringing the Choctaw Reward's Club card information to our attention. We want all of our guests to be well educated on our rewards program. I appreciate you giving us this opportunity to correct this with our leadership and associates to create a better guest experience. I apologize the BBQ in Gilley's was spicy; I will inform our Food and Beverage Team so we can get this corrected. I will also make sure the drinks specials are the same across the board in every bar venue we have. We would like to welcome you back anytime, allowing us the opportunity to give you a great guest experience. Thank you again for your review.

Subiaco, Arkansas
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I am really disappointed that you have to pay extra to have a refrigerator in your room, as new as Choctaw is there should be 1 in every room. This might not brothers everyone but I can go to West Siloam Springs and get a better pay off on machine then I have experienced at Choctaw and have the refrigerator and not have to have someone bring it to me. I have stayed twice and I will not go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Karen_John2014,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel and Casino. I am sorry to hear your last visit was not satisfactory. As our valued guest we do apprciate your feedback and suggestions for improvement. I will forward your feedback to our Hotel Management regarding the refridgerator. I am sorry you have not had any luck with our slots lately. I do hope you received excellent service during your stay with us. We do value you as a guest and welcome you back anytime. I do wish you the very best of luck on your next visit.

Guest Service Manager
Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel is great. Our room was large, and very clean. Bed was super to sleep on. Dinner at Gilleys, was great. One of the best steaks I've ever had. As for the slots, no-one was winning. The machines are very low paying. Only down to the hotel, we couldn't get a smoking room. They do have an area on the 2nd floor you can smoke.

Room Tip: Great place to stay.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jv2275
Jv2275,

Thank you so much for your review of our Hotel. We appreciate your kind words regarding Gilley's and the beds in the Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you have not had any luck on our slots lately. I do, however hope that you receive exceptional service while staying with us. I am glad you utilized our 2nd floor balcony that overlooks the casino for your smoking area. We do value you as our guest; I hope you will return to visit us soon and that your luck will change.

Guest Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocola
Cherokee Casino & Hotel Roland
Best Western Aspen Hotel
Best Western Aspen Hotel
#6 of 22 in Fort Smith
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau

Been to Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola? Share your experiences!