“A Very Pleasant Experience!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola

Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pocola
Norman, Oklahoma
“A Very Pleasant Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were on our way home from a weekend excursion when we decided driving four more hours would just be too much. I made a quick call to the hotel and we had a room in minutes - and on a Saturday afternoon no less! When we arrived it was around 30 minutes until check-in time but I wanted to confirm our room. We must have looked very tired because the lady at the desk checked us right in so we could rest. We had fun at the casino where we won some money. When it was time for dinner, we wanted casual and decided on Trophy's Bar and Grille. Jessica (I think her name) was our waitress. I had read recent reviews stating that Trophy's was not a good place to eat. They have either changed managers or something because we could not have had a better experience! The food was delicious, the drinks tasty and the perfect size. Our waitress was knowlegeable and attentive. We won more than our room cost so that was a plus!

There was only one issue and while seemingly small, to those like me who may take medicine causing dry mouth, having no self-serve beverage stations was a problem. We were told that the waitresses at the casino would bring us whatever we wanted, or we could get a complimentary soda at the Oak Tree Lounge. Here's is where the problem began. First, there were too few waitresses for a Saturday night and those who were there had difficulty offering drinks in one area and dodging the many many many people asking for drinks throughout the path to wherever they got the soda. I stood in line at the Oak Tree Lounge for a Diet Coke for 20 minutes in a very long line.

The bars were busy so even purchasing one was pretty much out of the question. Eventually, we went upstairs to the room as did many others who were very thirsty.

I do not know the reasoning behind the recent management decision to take out the self serve beverage stations and it could be valid, however, I hope that management will rethink the decision or make a decision to hire more waiters and waitresses to tend to the thousands of people who prefer to gamble and drink soda or other beverages while in the casino.

It's a small problem but honestly, when the chance arises to return, we will consider this when making a decision about coming to Pocola or driving to another hotel/casino.

All in all - it WAS a lovely time and I want to thank everyone from the desk clerk to housekeeping!

Room Tip: Bring your own drink!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kelli D
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Kelli D,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and your experience in the Hotel. As a valued guest we greatly appreciate the feedback and suggestions for improvement. We are currently hiring more wait staff to better accommodate the beverage service for the entire casino. In the near future, Choctaw will be taking over the food and beverage portion of the casino, to include many changes. We appreciate your patience during this transition. We welcome you back anytime and we are looking forward to your next visit. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great weekend.

Magen B.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Searcy, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my dad and stepmother here we loved it and had a blast i won 500 dollars didn't like the trophy restaurant though the toast was burnt the fries weren't done and the chicken was cold other then that it was a blast

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank oattyhill
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Oattyhill,

Thank you for your review. Congratulations on the $500 win!!! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. I love your pictures that you posted! I apologize about your Trophy's experience, but I have informed the management. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We welcome your dad, stepmother, and yourself back anytime. Have a wonderful week!

Holiday Island, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here during a storm because they have covered parking. I felt safer here than in my condo. I was on the third floor and I could not smell any smoke from the casino and also could not hear any noise from the casino on the first floor. The rooms were clean and comfortable. They have free internet and they also offer quite a bit of TV channels. I don't gamble and I don't smoke. But that's okay. It's nice as a hotel and the I didn't smell the smoke from the casino, so it worked out well for me. I will come back here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hudson4629
Hudson4629,

Thank you for your amazing review of our Hotel. I am so very pleased to hear you felt safe while you stayed with us to weather the storm. Thank you for your amazing compliments about or Hotel. We hope you come back and see us soon! Have a great week!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had a great overall stay at Choctaw Pocola. I was there for a work conference. The Ist night i decided to hang out at Trophy's Craft Beer Bar. The 1st night Kaylee was my bartender next two nights Katelynn was there and on the last night Kambrye was there. All three ladies make me wish this was my neighbor bar. The beer chocies are great but what kept me coming back was the guest service that i received i highly recommend Trophy's! Do yourself a favor and go say high to the 3 K's and the rest of the staff. You ROCK and i will be back to see you!!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
469108,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of Trophy's as well as the Casino Hotel. We think Katelynn, Kaylee, and Kambrye are awesome as well. I am so pleased to hear you received exceptional service while on your visit. I cannot wait to share this review with them. Thank you for your kind words and giving them a pat on the back. Please come back and visit us again soon. We will keep the drinks cold. Have a great weekend!

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I found the entire staff to be exceptional from Housekeeping who greeted me warmly as i was entering my room to the security guard who directed me to my first stop. Leading up to my stay Brandy in Guest Services answered my questions and even did research to get my special needs as a nursing mother met. Upon arrival I found her excellent service continued and within minutes of my arrival she made sure I had storage capacity. Although she was out when I needed my final special need met, she made sure the staff on site knew what I needed and how to help me. I am giving the hotel an excellent review because of the staff who all were exceptionally kind and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Heather M
Heather M,

WOW!! Thank you for your amazing review of Choctaw Casino Hotel. We strive to provide each and every guest with exceptional guest service; so I am pleased to hear that is what you received on your visit with us. Thank you for taking the time to recognize Brandy, housekeeping, and security; I cannot wait to share this with the entire Choctaw Team. I am so happy we accommodated your needs and you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you again for your kind words. We are looking forward to your next visit. Have a great week!

Searcy, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The lobby is amazing and makes a great first impression..We were greeted by three very sweet people behind the desk. One of the three took a lady and her grandson to get a cookie instead of just telling her how to get there.

Our room was was very nice and very clean. The casino was a lot of fun. There are tons of slot machines. We never had trouble finding an available game to play. Of course, I did not get rich, but I did leave on the plus side. The bar tenders were super nice. My only complaint is the gift shop. Meh.

Make you get something from the bakery. The donuts were awesome!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teacher126
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
NCTMMath Teacher,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We appreciate your feedback and kind words. We want each and every guest to enjoy their time with us; so I am so happy to hear you had a great time on your getaway. Please come see us again on your next weekend getaway. We will be sure to have donuts ready for you. :) Have a great week!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Ive never been to a casino that never pay only this place. I came from California where maybe you don't win or lose but makes you have fun playing. This place is not a place to go gambling or have fun playing, not because I didn't win but their slot machines were tooooo tight. Came Saturday hoping I might win a little bit but no luck. Never seen anybody won at least 200 to 300. How do they expect people to keep coming back when they take our money ssooo quick/ Slot machines were so programmed & never will come back here or recommend. Went to New Mexico casinos at least your 20 dollars will last you for half an hour or so but like what other reviewers said you need to bring lots of money to come here & still not pay.

Room Tip: I wanted to get a room here but they are not pet friendly.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Theresa D
Theresa D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As our valued guest, we greatly appreciate your feedback and suggestions for improvement. I hope you have a great week and will reconsider us in the future.

Magen B.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocola
Cherokee Casino & Hotel Roland
Hampton Inn Fort Smith
#3 of 22 in Fort Smith
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau
Courtyard Fort Smith Downtown

Been to Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola? Share your experiences!