“Awesome Hotel and Casino with the nicest Staff”

Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pocola
Reviewed 10 July 2014

A couple of weekends ago, my husband and I decided to take a trip to Northwest Arkansas. At the last minute, we decided to hop on over to Pocola, OK to check out Choctaw Casino Hotel. It was amazing! When we drove up, we were greeted by two gentlemen (Valet) who were extremely hospitable! Then, at the front desk, the attendants greeted us with a huge welcome! They went out of their way to ask about our drive to their hotel and seemed extremely interested in getting to know us! The room was absolutely beautiful and large with a nice view. We decided to dine at their local restaurants during the time that we had stayed and were impressed with the food and again with the staff! The Casino was lots of fun too! We played a while and ended up taking a little more home than we brought. We would definitely plan a trip back soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy T
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Cathy T,

WOW! You just made my day with your wonderful words. Thank you so much for your awesome review of Choctaw Casino and Hotel. We strive to provide 5-star quality service to each and every guest, so I am so pleased to hear that is what you received on your recent visit. I cannot wait to share your kind words with our entire Choctaw Team. Thank you again for your amazing compliments. Have a wonderful week. We are looking forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Although we were staying in a motel, we did go to this casino and had a wonderful time. In fact we extended our trip one more day just to revisit to enjoy the wonderful food, great gaming and for just plain fun. On our next trip to California I hope to look into staying at the Choctaw hotel. I am sure it will be just as good as the casino itself.

Room Tip: We spent the night at the Best Western in Van Buren, Arkansas only 14 miles away if it helps to sav...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Marerita2,

Thank you for your very kind words. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to having many more great experiences. We will keep the light on for you on your next visit to California. Have a great week!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

very nice hotel & casino, we felt safe & secure. good parking. Clean comfortable rooms, good places to eat altho we wish there were more food places to eat inside casino.
Close to Fort Smith and lots of shopping & resturants. We had a great time

Room Tip: we stayed on the 5th floor close to the elevator & ice machine, we didn't notice a lot of no...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

MrsBearluv,

We greatly appreciate your amazing compliments. I'm excited to share your review with our Choctaw Team. Have a great day and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Ask for anything and there it is at your door before you hang up the phone. No kidding. The manager helped load the car. The players club clerk took the luggage to the room. The chef came to meet us and his chocolate cheese cake is out of this world. I don't know if I have ever met such a lovely group of people. I slept 10 hours straight which has not happened in several years.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MDonham

MDonham,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our Choctaw Casino Hotel. You just made my day with your wonderful words. I cannot wait to share your comments with our entire Choctaw Team. We strive to provide 5-star quality service, so I am pleased to hear that is what you received on your last visit. We are looking forward to your next visit with us. We will leave the light on for you. Have a great week!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Let's get this out of the way - this is no Vegas. Located in an industrial area, with oil drilling smells all around. The building itself is very nice. High ceilings, well ventilated, freshly done. Nice. The Casino is a joke. I guess Oklahoma decided that it will set the rules for gambling. Every hand, every bet, is accompanied by a ridiculous 50 cent "ante" (really a tax). It makes your odds of winning anything just about nil. Don't come here if you are serious gambler, you will be frustrated. The service is friendly, but far from professional. However, everyone seems well trained, so at least it gets the job done. The rooms are fine. nothing outstanding, but solid. The hotel portion has been open for a year. I did not fund a room service menu. The Trophy grill offerings seemed sub-par. The bedding was good, Bathroom facilities also good. Shower very nice, but fixtures seemed flimsy. There is no fitness room. This is not a destination hotel (unless you live around here, then it may be about all the entertainment available in the area). But if you are driving through, its a comfortable stay at an average price. It could have been made into a truly fine hotel, but I am not sure they could charge the rate it would demand around here.

Room Tip: take a hgher floor room to get away from the road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank onepoet
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

OnePoet,

Thank you very much for your review of our Casino and Hotel. As a valued guest we greatly appreciate your feedback and suggestions for improvement. I will address the food quality with our food and beverage management. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope you have a great week! We welcome you back anytime; we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here on the way to Augusta, Ga. And on the way back. Everything involved from checking in to the Casino play was great. The staff everywhere was super nice. The room was clean and very nice..We will go back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vicki d
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Vickie D,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Choctaw Casino Hotel. We greatly appreciate your kind words and comments. We want every guest to enjoy their experience with us; so I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here. I cannot wait to share your wonderful words with our entire Choctaw Team. We welcome you back anytime and look forward to your next visit. Have a great week!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were on our way home from a weekend excursion when we decided driving four more hours would just be too much. I made a quick call to the hotel and we had a room in minutes - and on a Saturday afternoon no less! When we arrived it was around 30 minutes until check-in time but I wanted to confirm our room. We must have looked very tired because the lady at the desk checked us right in so we could rest. We had fun at the casino where we won some money. When it was time for dinner, we wanted casual and decided on Trophy's Bar and Grille. Jessica (I think her name) was our waitress. I had read recent reviews stating that Trophy's was not a good place to eat. They have either changed managers or something because we could not have had a better experience! The food was delicious, the drinks tasty and the perfect size. Our waitress was knowlegeable and attentive. We won more than our room cost so that was a plus!

There was only one issue and while seemingly small, to those like me who may take medicine causing dry mouth, having no self-serve beverage stations was a problem. We were told that the waitresses at the casino would bring us whatever we wanted, or we could get a complimentary soda at the Oak Tree Lounge. Here's is where the problem began. First, there were too few waitresses for a Saturday night and those who were there had difficulty offering drinks in one area and dodging the many many many people asking for drinks throughout the path to wherever they got the soda. I stood in line at the Oak Tree Lounge for a Diet Coke for 20 minutes in a very long line.

The bars were busy so even purchasing one was pretty much out of the question. Eventually, we went upstairs to the room as did many others who were very thirsty.

I do not know the reasoning behind the recent management decision to take out the self serve beverage stations and it could be valid, however, I hope that management will rethink the decision or make a decision to hire more waiters and waitresses to tend to the thousands of people who prefer to gamble and drink soda or other beverages while in the casino.

It's a small problem but honestly, when the chance arises to return, we will consider this when making a decision about coming to Pocola or driving to another hotel/casino.

All in all - it WAS a lovely time and I want to thank everyone from the desk clerk to housekeeping!

Room Tip: Bring your own drink!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kelli D

Kelli D,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and your experience in the Hotel. As a valued guest we greatly appreciate the feedback and suggestions for improvement. We are currently hiring more wait staff to better accommodate the beverage service for the entire casino. In the near future, Choctaw will be taking over the food and beverage portion of the casino, to include many changes. We appreciate your patience during this transition. We welcome you back anytime and we are looking forward to your next visit. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great weekend.

Magen B.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocola
Cherokee Casino & Hotel Roland
DoubleTree by Hilton Fort Smith City Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fort Smith
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau
Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith
Hampton Inn Fort Smith
Hampton Inn Fort Smith
#3 of 22 in Fort Smith

Been to Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola? Share your experiences!