“Enjoyable stay and nice surprise!”

Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pocola
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Destination Fort Smith Ar. Pleasantly surprised to find the Choctaw Pocola Hotel and Casino. Room was nice, valet and check in staff were great, machines played well. However, next morning we decided to have breakfast at the grill before leaving. Big mistake! Staff were not friendly, ignored the need for coffee refills and we had finished breakfast for quite some time and continued to wait for our check. Finally after standing up and approaching the "exit" the waitress walked up to us, handed me the check and walked off. There was only one other table with customers so it was not busy. Very disappointing. Since everything else was positive, I do plan on returning and giving it another try before throwing in the towel.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Sondra C
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Sondra C.,

Thank you for your awesome review of Choctaw Casino and Hotel. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us despite the restaurant experience you had. I have forwarded your experience to our food and beverage management. I want to apologize for the service you received. I do hope on your next visit your experience will be much better. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we may have the opportunity to correct this. We want each and every guest to enjoy all aspects of the casino and we appreciate the opportunity to make that happen for you. We are looking forward to your next visit. Have a great week!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

A couple of weekends ago, my husband and I decided to take a trip to Northwest Arkansas. At the last minute, we decided to hop on over to Pocola, OK to check out Choctaw Casino Hotel. It was amazing! When we drove up, we were greeted by two gentlemen (Valet) who were extremely hospitable! Then, at the front desk, the attendants greeted us with a huge welcome! They went out of their way to ask about our drive to their hotel and seemed extremely interested in getting to know us! The room was absolutely beautiful and large with a nice view. We decided to dine at their local restaurants during the time that we had stayed and were impressed with the food and again with the staff! The Casino was lots of fun too! We played a while and ended up taking a little more home than we brought. We would definitely plan a trip back soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy T
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Cathy T,

WOW! You just made my day with your wonderful words. Thank you so much for your awesome review of Choctaw Casino and Hotel. We strive to provide 5-star quality service to each and every guest, so I am so pleased to hear that is what you received on your recent visit. I cannot wait to share your kind words with our entire Choctaw Team. Thank you again for your amazing compliments. Have a wonderful week. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Although we were staying in a motel, we did go to this casino and had a wonderful time. In fact we extended our trip one more day just to revisit to enjoy the wonderful food, great gaming and for just plain fun. On our next trip to California I hope to look into staying at the Choctaw hotel. I am sure it will be just as good as the casino itself.

Room Tip: We spent the night at the Best Western in Van Buren, Arkansas only 14 miles away if it helps to sav...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Marerita2,

Thank you for your very kind words. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to having many more great experiences. We will keep the light on for you on your next visit to California. Have a great week!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

very nice hotel & casino, we felt safe & secure. good parking. Clean comfortable rooms, good places to eat altho we wish there were more food places to eat inside casino.
Close to Fort Smith and lots of shopping & resturants. We had a great time

Room Tip: we stayed on the 5th floor close to the elevator & ice machine, we didn't notice a lot of no...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

MrsBearluv,

We greatly appreciate your amazing compliments. I'm excited to share your review with our Choctaw Team. Have a great day and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Ask for anything and there it is at your door before you hang up the phone. No kidding. The manager helped load the car. The players club clerk took the luggage to the room. The chef came to meet us and his chocolate cheese cake is out of this world. I don't know if I have ever met such a lovely group of people. I slept 10 hours straight which has not happened in several years.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MDonham

MDonham,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our Choctaw Casino Hotel. You just made my day with your wonderful words. I cannot wait to share your comments with our entire Choctaw Team. We strive to provide 5-star quality service, so I am pleased to hear that is what you received on your last visit. We are looking forward to your next visit with us. We will leave the light on for you. Have a great week!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Let's get this out of the way - this is no Vegas. Located in an industrial area, with oil drilling smells all around. The building itself is very nice. High ceilings, well ventilated, freshly done. Nice. The Casino is a joke. I guess Oklahoma decided that it will set the rules for gambling. Every hand, every bet, is accompanied by a ridiculous 50 cent "ante" (really a tax). It makes your odds of winning anything just about nil. Don't come here if you are serious gambler, you will be frustrated. The service is friendly, but far from professional. However, everyone seems well trained, so at least it gets the job done. The rooms are fine. nothing outstanding, but solid. The hotel portion has been open for a year. I did not fund a room service menu. The Trophy grill offerings seemed sub-par. The bedding was good, Bathroom facilities also good. Shower very nice, but fixtures seemed flimsy. There is no fitness room. This is not a destination hotel (unless you live around here, then it may be about all the entertainment available in the area). But if you are driving through, its a comfortable stay at an average price. It could have been made into a truly fine hotel, but I am not sure they could charge the rate it would demand around here.

Room Tip: take a hgher floor room to get away from the road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank onepoet
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

OnePoet,

Thank you very much for your review of our Casino and Hotel. As a valued guest we greatly appreciate your feedback and suggestions for improvement. I will address the food quality with our food and beverage management. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope you have a great week! We welcome you back anytime; we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here on the way to Augusta, Ga. And on the way back. Everything involved from checking in to the Casino play was great. The staff everywhere was super nice. The room was clean and very nice..We will go back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vicki d
Magen B, Guest Relations Manager at Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Vickie D,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Choctaw Casino Hotel. We greatly appreciate your kind words and comments. We want every guest to enjoy their experience with us; so I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here. I cannot wait to share your wonderful words with our entire Choctaw Team. We welcome you back anytime and look forward to your next visit. Have a great week!

Magen B.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocola
Cherokee Casino & Hotel Roland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau
6 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fort Smith

Been to Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola? Share your experiences!