“Just Your Average BBQ”

Chick & Millies' Blue Moon Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 70 Restaurants in Ponca City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We visited Blue Moon on recommendation from friends that had lived in Ponca; we all got BBQ plates that were not good - very dry. Our server was not very attentive. We felt it was pricey for what you got or didn't get (service).

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Thursdays are kids eat free night if you buy two entrees. We wanted to order the steak, two sides, and salad bar for two, but were told that this only counted as one entree. Ordering them separately cost two more dollars, which won't break the bank, but is insulting. When a customer asks a reasonable question like this, the manager has to ask whether two dollars is really more important than repeat business. Next, fried okra was listed as a side, to be included with the entree. When I received the bill, I was charged three extra dollars for the okra. When I asked, they knocked it down to one dollar extra. Apparently okra was an "extra special" side. I wonder how many people actually look at their bill? Little hidden charge there. Finally, one steak, ordered as medium, was delivered as super-duper well done. Boot leather. Too tough to chew except for the very inside portion. The other steak, ordered as medium, was well done and very dry on the outside, bloody-cold rare on the inside, and full of gristle. I actually had to eat a ring around the inside of the steak, leaving the middle and the outside. When I drop $30 plus tip on a meal, I expect, at the very least, palatable food. I've lived in Ponca City for fifteen years and this is the third time I have eaten here, I believe each time under different ownership. Doesn't matter. It's been terrible every time.

3  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Well, I read reviews and decided to give this place two visits on two separate days and times before saying anything.
1. Food leaves a great deal to be desired, lack of spice, over cooked meat, dry chicken.
2. Appears clean in dining area
3. Overall decor and atmosphere lacked something you just can't put your finger on, but left you feeling drab.
4. Staff was not overly welcoming, appeared they would much rather be home then serving you.
This place deserves so much more in the way of management, quality of service to customers, and last but definitely not least, get a real Chef in this place. I ate better tasting foods in the military.
From the level of business I saw on both days at prime times, they have to be hurting and probably in the red. This place is up for sale by the way, hopefully someone will come in and give it some TLC so Ponca City can have it's Blue Moon back.

4  Thank B R
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This place sucks!!! First of all they need to get rid of the guy with the glasses that runs the place he's a ex. Drug user who goes to drug court. The owners really dont know how to run a restaurant, and I got a peek in. The kitchen and tt is very dirty.. the restaurant itself is out of date and old and yucky feeling and their prices are way too high. And plus yoi can hear the tacky rap music playing in the kitchen.. not everyone wants to hear that crap... i will never ever go back and i will. Tell others not to waste their money!!! Close this place or change your management and cooks and put some money into it!!!!

4  Thank omgwhat
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Maybe we were expecting too much. It was good, but some of our friends think it is the best BBQ around. The service was good.

1  Thank Ken C